What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

We went off for a day trip to the lake district yesterday.

I should now be grumpy but i am not.

We had a great breakfast on the A66 just after leaving the M6.

We had a look around Cockermouth. I couldn't live there. We bought a couple of xmas presents and used our National Trust Cards to go around Wordswoths childhood home.

The trust staff were reslly nice. makes a change. usually they are prompted up themselves.

Then we headed to Maryport. What a dive.

Then we Drove to St Bees head.

There are some depressing places along that coast.

But we had a great time on the beach stealing stones.

Then we went to the tea rooms. It was like the 1970s Coffee was excellent. Toasted tea cake was yummy.

Then we Drove up the Hardknott Pass. Then I clipped a tiny rock and burst the side of my near side rear tyre.

So on a slope of about 1 in 8. I set about putting on the Spare. Found three massive rocks to chocvk the other wheels. But could i get the locking wheel nut off?

A bloke had stopped to cool his brakes and without his help it would have been impossible.

proper nice bloke.

Then we Drove slowly over the rest of the pass. Amd Wrynose pass to Coniston.

Where obviously all the pubs were full of tourists.

But there was a couple sitting at a massive table. who on seeing us looking disappointed suggested we use the other end of the table. We had a chat with strangers. They made me grin too

We have spent the weekend in the Lakes too.

Celebrating my birthday (today) Windermere,Bowness on Windermere where we stayed (nice hotel crap service),Ambleside and Keswick.Where we got truly rained on.

Celebrating my birthday (today) Windermere,Bowness on Windermere where we stayed (nice hotel crap service),Ambleside and Keswick.Where we got truly rained on.

The trouble with the lake district is that it's full of tourists. People like me.

Unlike Wales which is spoilt by the Welsh.

We were there on Tuesday and Wednesday this week, stayed in a youth hostel which was fantastic. Weather was changeable, but who cares with that scenery.

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

What has made me happy? 15 mins later she phoned to apologise for being unreasonable.

She has never in 28 years of being married apologised for anything.

I will have to check she's not been replaced by aliens.

And that is a euphemism!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd be worried the aliens bring back the original.

(I've been married 30 years, still waiting for any apology for anything).

It’s vulgar and obscene to talk about money, but my missus has never really had a lot, far from it in fact.

She inherited some after the sad loss of a very very close relative, and after having been entirely snubbed by the biscuit arsed bastards in a posh London shop, she went to another just up the road and spent a truly eye watering amount on a handbag and a couple of other bits. Chuffed to bits for the girl, no one deserves it more.

It’s vulgar and obscene to talk about money, but my missus has never really had a lot, far from it in fact.

She inherited some after the sad loss of a very very close relative, and after having been entirely snubbed by the biscuit arsed bastards in a posh London shop, she went to another just up the road and spent a truly eye watering amount on a handbag and a couple of other bits. Chuffed to bits for the girl, no one deserves it more.

I hope she went back into the other shop pretty woman style ! Good stuff either way  :-D

I never get this, some of the richest people I have met have been right scruffy bastards, the most obvious being the Earl of March. We met him a few times as the final of the racing we were involved with was at Goodwood and we would see him around and about. He was always in a dirty shirt and brown cords. I guess he has the accent though so they would probably be fawning over him, tossers.

Surely you have/had a cast iron alibi for the time mentioned......  if not - just let me know when you need cover for.....

:D :D This place etc

I never get this, some of the richest people I have met have been right scruffy bastards, the most obvious being the Earl of March. We met him a few times as the final of the racing we were involved with was at Goodwood and we would see him around and about. He was always in a dirty shirt and brown cords. I guess he has the accent though so they would probably be fawning over him, tossers.

I used to work in customer collections at a large department store.  One day, a scruffy-looking chap turns up close to closing time and buys an absolute metric tonne of very expensive items.  He asks me if I can take it to his car on a trolley.  The second we get outside, he starts looking very confused and suddenly realises that his car must be parked elsewhere.  I know the shopping centre like the back of my hand and make a few suggestions, so we go around looking for it.

He then starts talking and it turns out that he's landed gentry, very wealthy and has absolutely no idea about the outside world.  Nevertheless, he's a very pleasant and polite chap and we chat amenably while we're looking for his car.  Twenty minutes later and in the furthest possible car park from my employer, we find it and it's a battered, pogweaseled Sierra that Borniteidentity would turn down, we load into his car and he drives off with a friendly wave and a thank you.

Get back to work, place is completely shut apart from the staff door.  I've been out half an hour past closing.  The next week I come in and the chap has phoned in and thanked the store.  I end up with some kind of award.

My point is that sometimes the poshest people can look the scruffiest, drive the most battered chod and it can be a real surprise!  He was a very nice bloke.

Of course, appearance and wealth have nothing to do with the value of a person... but I found it an interesting encounter.

I forgot I owned a car....... After the pain in the arse that was the failed collekshun from Craig. I had the motorbike accident and trashed my knee.... so all thoughts of everything tainted by drugs and pain. 

The lovely - and I won't have it said any other way - AlcyOne... reminded me in a roundabout fashion, that I had beaten him to the lovely 50quid Volvo ...... after losing out to him on the Impreza...... 

Although a swap isn't in the offing..... I now remember it's sitting on the island awaiting my attentions. 

Craig has since confirmed - it started right up the next time he went to it and its been in regular use since...... 

I now have another adventure to his place and a gopping T5 to cruise back in from southern(ish) France. Happy days.......