What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I'm still in dumbfounded shock.

I just walked into a main Mercedes dealership and within 30 seconds had ordered a propshaft rubber boot, the associated clips, a throttle cable locating clip, and would you believe a replacement for the cracked lens on the dashboard indicator light?!? All for a 28 year old van.

All on the shelf over in Germany and should be here early next week.

They didn't even look at me funny.

Forgot to ask about the headlight switch, as that looks like someone has been chewing on it and is bugging my OCD. Will ask about that when I'm there to pick up the stuff next week.

It was purely a "I'm driving past the door so I'll give it a try for giggles if nothing else" thought!

Staggered and impressed!

I've found Mercedes dealers to be quite good, even when I went in to the Arnold Shark version in Dundee a couple of years back they were friendly and helpful. I think I even had a posh coffee made for me whilst they were looking for my bits of fuel pipe for an 18yr old c class, which were not as expensive I as expected.

Guest Hooli

I just walked into a main Mercedes dealership and within 30 seconds had ordered a propshaft rubber boot, the associated clips, a throttle cable locating clip, and would you believe a replacement for the cracked lens on the dashboard indicator light?!? All for a 28 year old van.

Forgot to ask about the headlight switch, as that looks like someone has been chewing on it and is bugging my OCD. Will ask about that when I'm there to pick up the stuff next week.

It was purely a "I'm driving past the door so I'll give it a try for giggles if nothing else" thought!

Staggered and impressed!

I think they (like Jag) have a classic parts division to support older models.

Got the Landy back on the road after a 4 month lay off since the rear axle made a bid for freedom . Took a day off work and fixed my own stuff for a change . Far too many vehicles on the road but he who dies with the most toys wins eh .

List of legal , running vehicles as of today

Citroen c5

Mx5

Ducato

Ke175

Crf250x

Kawasaki versys

Landy 90

Skoda Octavia ( loaner)

Good lord.

Got the Landy back on the road after a 4 month lay off since the rear axle made a bid for freedom . Took a day off work and fixed my own stuff for a change . Far too many vehicles on the road but he who dies with the most toys wins eh .

List of legal , running vehicles as of today

Citroen c5

Mx5

Ducato

Ke175

Crf250x

Kawasaki versys

Landy 90

Skoda Octavia ( loaner)

Good lord.

One for every day of the week. ,...........

And a spare of course, just in case

a new Project binky episode Woo! 

not going to say anything about it as to avoid spoiling it for those who have not seen the latest instalment but i can 110% say from the content in this episode Dollywobbler is gonna lose it in a good way  :mrgreen:  

(PS im pretty sure there is a dedicated project binky thread around here somewhere but I could not find it in a brief search...)

Staggered and impressed!

Did something similar whilst passing Vauxhall in Bradford.

Yeah no longer stocked.

No CBA to check the rest of the world.

bye then

No collection thread due to timescales between ad going on gumtree and me driving away.

Tasty ZS diesel. 83k.

Toxic bio hazard interior and bird shite exterior on collection. 10 quid Eastern European inside and out clean.

Blimey better than expected.post-20451-0-37934100-1533238397_thumb.jpg

200 of our English pounds. I love people moving onto PCP that loose interest