What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Kent.  Frigging Kent.

Bearsted, to be accurate.  The only consolation is I keep being misheard and people think I live in Bastard.

Bearsted's nice, I worked just down the road from there for a while.  Couple of ok pubs.  Locals pronounce it 'beer sted' rather than 'bare sted' which might help...but possibly not depending on where the people you're talking to are from.

Edit:  Beaten to it by Rusty Rocket.  #TooSlow #TooOld

We've found a house, and the only mark against it is no bath (shower only, not ideal when my back plays up).  It's so perfect in every other regard that we're willing to overlook this since a bath can always be fitted.  Now the nailbiting agony of finding out if they accept offers, etc.  Trying very hard to not be too excited, all the same.

tin bath in front of the range FTW

We've found a house, and the only mark against it is no bath (shower only, not ideal when my back plays up).  It's so perfect in every other regard that we're willing to overlook this since a bath can always be fitted.  Now the nailbiting agony of finding out if they accept offers, etc.  Trying very hard to not be too excited, all the same.

You can have ours, being thrown away to fit a shower cabinet. FREE.

Autoshite -  Reading the last few, hilarious may I add, posts from Dave21478 and the sense of togetherness and concern for his wellbeing before the awful news of his untimely death, all from people that have never met the guy. Strangers on the internet for most part. I was and still am shocked at the news.

I'm happy to have Autoshite as a little corner of the internet and will continue to enjoy peoples musings be they fixing old Dysons, welding up rusty shite, or bike buyage, here we have a huge collective of people from varied backgrounds and if you know it or not your posting to strangers on the internet inspires people in more ways than you'll probably ever know. 

“Hello Parky, Margaret here, anyway that job interview last week. They liked the cut of your jib and thought you had good ideas. Anyway, upshot of it is that there will be a second interview but you are the only one of the five candidates who has been invited back”

So that’s quite good I think!