What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

The Volvo had been a bit neglected over the last month or two, this hot dry weather had covered it in sand and dust too so it looked awful.

I braved the heat yesterday evening and gave it a much needed wash and clean up. Sweated my bollocks off doing it.

Looking better now so I did a few odd bits on it this morning, and rechecked the wheel nut torques (after having wheels powder coated). All ok still so I took it out for a drive since I had nothing else to do.

I bloody love this car! I know it’s just an old Volvo but it’s just so nice to drive and be in now. Lovely and smooth, didn’t miss a beat and not effected in the slightest by the heat.

I need to get the roof and bonnet resprayed at some point though, the lacquer is all starting to crack and peel.

post-3771-0-96496400-1532432822_thumb.jpeg

Guest Hooli

Next door's washing.

They've put a load of towels on the line & they are all hanging in the water of their swimming pool (giant paddling pool thing about 4ft deep & round). Just made me laugh as they'll take ages to dry like that!

My grin today is I have to do 500 miles in the stroker Sonett before taking it to Prescott in a couple of weeks time to run it in. Despite the power band starting at 4k and me limiting it to 4.5 - 5k I covered 80 miles today and returned home with a massive grin and the smell of 2 stroke oil in my nostrils. Ace.

Just watching the Chateau Impney Hill Climb on Motorsport.TV.Amongst aii the single seaters & sportscars,there was a nutter in a (1958?)Dodge Coronet complete with bench seat & steering wheel knob to help give him a chance of getting it round the bends  :shock:

Also,Dan Welch is going to be back in the BTCC from the next meeting  :-)

That’s the rarest of all colours for Avantime’s .

Huh, who'd have thought it. I'm sort of desensetised to Avantimes as a fella a few doors down had one that colour for a good few years that I'd walk by every day, it was bloody lovely. His wife had a cream convertible Beetle at the same time, and their house is distinctly more quaint than all the others on the road. I get the idea they're nice folk - never spoken to them but they seem to know who I am and that I'm into old tat.

They don't have the Avantime any more now, instead a beater 55 plate Clio, a Captur, and a mid-late 1960s Austin Cooper S that looks to be mildly breathed on in a period touring car fashion, and only comes out on nice days.

We also had someone with a Scenic RX4 locally for a while(!!!), which got replaced with an equally shite Renault Koleos.

Hit my 3 stone weight loss target this morning . God knows how I managed to loose any last week tho.

I set myself a realistic target ( still 16st ) but that’s pretty good for my build . Certainly feel the difference now as well. No weight watchers or slimming world just eating better and doing more .

Will prob loose another half stone to allow myself some space for a bad weekend etc tho

Does your pharmacist drive a 307cc inside the shop?

No but She she closes the shop she does deliveries to various old people who have regular prescriptions.

Anyway daughter started work as a Pre- reg pharmacist in a part of Merseyside where she reckons 50% of Tyne clients are on regular methadone.

I feel her Bini will disappear of the street.

Anyway daughter started work as a Pre- reg pharmacist in a part of Merseyside where she reckons 50% of Tyne clients are on regular methadone.

I feel her Bini will disappear of the street.

There used to be a note up for people going in to get methadone at the local chemist which basically said just stand there and wait for it, any thieving, upsetting proper customers or asking for tomorrow's dose in advance and we won't ever serve you again..

There used to be a note up for people going in to get methadone at the local chemist which basically said just stand there and wait for it, any thieving, upsetting proper customers or asking for tomorrow's dose in advance and we won't ever serve you again..

Which reminds me of my colleague experiencing an embarrassing moment at the chemist, she was on her way to work and got caught in a downpour with no coat, hat or umbrella, she ducked into the chemist and hung around near the door waiting for the rain to ease up. One of the regulars kindly asked if she wanted to go in before him (they have a little room where you receive the daily dose).

Guest Hooli

It has to be a grin to have survived this -

post-20217-0-42286800-1532553415_thumb.jpg

In other not entirely unrelated news, the switch arrived & is now fitted so Bub has correctly functioning dipped/main & the trike can keep up with the reduced electrical loads. Note the pic is before I did any electrics so it's not my fault the leccy box under the bars is in bits.

It's only a little grin this one.  Went to get paint for the Rover (yes I'm finally getting around to the jobs I need to do on it) and noticed after paying that what I thought was the paint I wanted, was a paint I didn't want, so got a refund and planned to go to another shop to get the correct paint.  Only, when I got home I found two tins of the correct paint I forgot I'd bought so now I don't actually need to buy any.  Which was nice.

It has to grin to have survived this -

20180725_200359.jpg

In other not entirely unrelated news, the switch arrived & is now fitted so Bub has correctly functioning dipped/main & the trike can keep up with the reduced electrical loads. Note the pic is before I did any electrics so it's not my fault the leccy box under the bars is in bits.

Cheers for that! I don't think I'll keep twatting this switch with my knee either! Glad you enjoyed the ride. Certainly not as deathly as it looks. Don't forget the soldering iron........