What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Just been offered drugs by a dealer.

Part of me is grinning that he thought I looked like some young gay blade who might want some chemical action.

The rest of me is put off by the fact that he was driving a 307cc.

Ah, so that's what they mean when they say most 307s have some gear missing.

Guest Hooli

I remember when those got popular in 4x4 circles. Bloody useless as even holding it on the exhaust as hard as you could to stop leaks they couldn't couldn't lift more than an empty SJ.

Is that fan ridiculously noisy? Got one that looks very similar (different brand but same shape and stand etc) and it’s unbearable

Similar cheap nasty thing from Tesco is almost silent

No it's really silent. Much quieter than the last we had. I think it was from The Range.

I remember when those got popular in 4x4 circles. Bloody useless as even holding it on the exhaust as hard as you could to stop leaks they couldn't couldn't lift more than an empty SJ.

Speaking of which, making me grin was spotting TWO Suzuki SJs at separate times this week. I thought there were none left. One was a bit 'ONE LIFE,' but the other looked remarkably stock.

I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight, but it's in the attic where I've got the ropey air con rigged up. It's 18c in here VS 27c in our bedroom. Every time I open the door to walk downstairs for the bog it's like getting off an aeroplane on your holidays - I went to let the dogs out and my glasses steamed up halfway down the stairs!

It'll cost me a quid in electric for the night, but I've spent a lot more on a lot worse.

Went to a local restaurant with Girlfriend_70s on Saturday (after a trip to Summerlee Museum of Scottish Industrial Life), parked the Doloposhite on a sidestreet outside a house with a tidy Morris Minor Traveller on the driveway. Girlfriend does a double take, I enquire as to her surprise. Turns out she'd seen the Charles Ware sticker in the back window and was surprisingly well versed on them having been on their website not long ago and being able to remember the going rate for a fully rebuilt Traveller (£26k).

Clearly I'm slowly breaking her into the shite car world, we'll start with easy things like the Moggy and VW Beetle but hopefully in a year or two she'll be mad for rusty Austin Allegros and barn find Datsun 120Ys...