What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Went  in the old vegetarian Megan to a pet shop on DIY type estate last week and it was hotter inside the pet shop then outside possibly as it's a large metal box int sun with no ventilation or air con, bloke said they had companied to the company as it was so difficult so spend all day in such heat.   Went home and made up a Facearse profile and complained on their "social media" page about poor little bunnies and kittens suffering in the furnace which is their store.  Went back to store this week to buy a goldfish going cheep and there's rented industrial air con blasting at the staff working the till. Bloke came over to the old vegetarian Megan and thanked me, a random customer, and asked how I manged to get it sorted. 

No Nuns suffered.

image.jpeg

I hope you've had drive of one, I picked this up yesterday from Enterprise, it had 5 miles on the clock . Took it back with 10 miles on the clock- fucking thing was dangerously slow, I'd have been scared to try and get on the motorway. They swapped it for a Tuscon. I've had a couple of these but always 1.7diesels, this ones a little petrol which has zero torque but if you Rev the bollocks off it actually goes quite well, downside is sub 40 mpg compare to mid 50's for the dirty dizzler.

Seems rental companies are getting worried by the residuals on diesel.

I did take it a decent drive yes. The 1.5 DCI. Was quite potent for what it was. I tried the 1.6 petrol in the Tucson. That was dire.

WE WON!

We were awarded the full amount minus court costs ( :mad: see grump thread).

In summing up Judge said it would never have got that far if it weren't for the poor standard of work. Didn't get their way over paying in instalments either, HA!

Just got to hope we don't have to go back to court for the money. 

She was not happy, sped off through the No Entry signs of the court carpark so as to avoid driving past us  :mrgreen:

Victory. Tastes good doesn’t it?

Hopefully the court costs weren’t too excessive but always nice to be in the right, especially with the full force of the law behind you. Hopefully the money comes back quickly and the next bunch do a proper job.

Otherwise, pocket the money, put the kettle on and send out the Shite Signal, I am sure we’d give it a go!

Due to a complicated series of events over last weekend, an LTI TX11 taxi that belongs to my employer was left in a field with a completely, utterly flat battery and 4 open electric windows. The cows who normally spend their days in said field wanted it back, but couldn't be trusted not to savage the taxi, plus it was blocking their water trough.

Yesterday I took it upon myself to remove the battery, take it home and put it on my trickle charger for 15 hours. This morning I went out, installed it and got the engine fired up and went to ask the directors where they wanted it moved to.

They were mightily pleased at my industriousness and asked if I could take it for a 'run' to put some more charge into the battery. I got to pilot a proper london cab, with 1.6 MILLION miles on the odometer out and about for about half an hour. It was terrifying. It turns in its own wheelbase, but above 30 mph it wanders all over the bloody place, needing constant correction like in old films. I took it for a run up the A3 and cracked 70mph (eventually) before returning to its natural cruising speed of about 55. above this it makes a LOT of noise and shakes violently. Acceleration is not rapid!

brought it back to work and parked it up and was thanked verbally. Good enough for me, I got half an hour being paid to drive a vehicle with more miles on it than every car I've ever owned, combined. It was certainly something I'd not have got a chance to drive otherwise.

30 minutes later one of the directors came up and handed me a case of very nice beer from the local craft beer company (Ballards of Nyewood) as a thankyou for reviving it.

Its nice to be appreciated at work sometimes.

Today is my birthday, on top of some fantastic gifts from mrs fp of a new power washer and snow foam, clothes, some Irwin bolt grips (a bargain off here) I have spent the day not being bothered by anyone doing my own thing, I've also had the saph in bits putting new lifters in and cleaned the iscv, now it's like a new one again safe to say im a happy boy

Today is my birthday, on top of some fantastic gifts from mrs fp of a new power washer and snow foam, clothes, some Irwin bolt grips (a bargain off here) I have spent the day not being bothered by anyone doing my own thing, I've also had the saph in bits putting new lifters in and cleaned the iscv, now it's like a new one again safe to say im a happy boy

Happy Birthday!

I paid it off a couple of months early.

Had to sit in a back office and speak directly to the mortgage department.

I won't get the deeds for about another month or so, when I will lodge them at a solicitors.

The month's delay due to land registry checks apparently.

I paid mine off last year and yes walking out of the bank was a happy feeling.

The deeds are all online now so you will have to pay for a copy from land registry. That is what Lloyds told me.

Just done a check on the Qashqai and it was a 1.2 petrol, in something that looked almost as big as an ML !

I did that too. 1.2 115bhp turbo. Maybe old fashioned thinking but in something that big a diesel with the torque will be a lot better.

Congratulations Louise. It's shit that it's gone on this long but looks like you have got the best outcome. Fingers crossed they pay up without more hassle.

I paid mine off last year and yes walking out of the bank was a happy feeling.

The deeds are all online now so you will have to pay for a copy from land registry. That is what Lloyds told me.

It's held online but if they actually hold a proper paper set of deeds or copy of the land registry entry then they should be returned to you.

WE WON!

We were awarded the full amount minus court costs ( :mad: see grump thread).

In summing up Judge said it would never have got that far if it weren't for the poor standard of work. Didn't get their way over paying in instalments either, HA!

Just got to hope we don't have to go back to court for the money. 

She was not happy, sped off through the No Entry signs of the court carpark so as to avoid driving past us  :mrgreen:

Congratulations on the win Louise.  Hope they come up with the cash quickly.

Charity shop find of the day, but what is it?

ebf41f94786b1cafd8b939bdf0c5caa1.jpg

Behold!

de454f1a7d7d01cba0018cae6e79366a.jpg

A complete Caltex StarFleet kit, as found in all good company car glove boxes.

064f224ac4cc1b655a667803ecedef69.jpg

Judging by the adverts, I thing it is from about 2004.

05988447a53f8dc2596450955f39bfba.jpg

Best of all, it cost me 50 cents, Bargain!

Rubbish brakes though.

I finished my mortgage today. That's gotta be grin worthy.

Here's a tip. Set up a standing order today of the same amount into a savings account or increase the amount you pit onto your pension by the same amount.

Not forever but for say 12 months.

The Mazda passed its test this week, Actually failed on a tyre that I thought would pass, but that is not a real fail !

That's 24 years and it has not even started to rust yet. When we did the rear brakes recently all the bolts etc were easy to shift. Did get an advisory for front strut top bushes about to fail so will attend to that before the next test. 

Happiness..