What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Oh yes they are, you righties are freaks. Just being more of you doesn't make you correct, I mean look at PCP car users - loads of them & all wrong.

Mrs fp has always said I eat wrong, im a rightie but eat opposite like a leftie it just feels natural to me

Guest Hooli

So the clutch lever is on the right, then?

Don't be silly old chap. The levers remain the same (on most) with the addition of a decompresser lever on the left for big singles. The gears are correctly located on the right & normally go one up, rest down. Meaning the rear brake is for use by the left foot.

They changed in about 1972 due to simpleton americans getting confused because the japs & themselves did it the wrong way around.

So today we have been on the Clun Run. An annual event organised by the Clowne Motor Club to raise money for the Air Ambulance.

Plan was to use the Delta, but last night the fuel pump decided it fancied a day off. What to do? 100 mile pround trip? Let’s go with the BMW 2000. A car that has done a maximum of 10 miles in my ownership since a restoration following import from South Africa.

What could possibly go wrong? Well as it turns out very little. Slight problem with the exhaust seal and the hot weather did cause a fair amount of pinking but a great time was had by all.

My mate in the car behind took this:

post-10228-0-96049000-1530473760_thumb.jpeg

Run was a round trip to the Newark Air Museum where they had this:

post-10228-0-69316200-1530473812_thumb.jpeg

Yesterday , I had one of my occaisional Black Dog days, nothing compared to others here experience , but nonetheless the full despair, helplessness, futility etc.

Why the grin thread then?

Well, to keep away from other more normal family members trying to enjoy their sunny Sunday, I retired to a shed to mess around with a desk I'm restoring* . And discovered a couple of boxes of magazines that wouldn't fit in the magazine shed.

September 1994 Car and May 20 1992 Autocar.

In particular cheered me no end, in fact I will post theseindividually to any shiter that thinks there sanity may need saving at any point in the near future.

post-17414-0-78941100-1530520886_thumb.jpeg

Giant test is 620Ti,Lag and Mondy V6 , Brilliant articles by the late great Bulgin, Llewelyn and Setriight plus Diablo, M3 cab , Maverick , 306 vs 911 vs F1 car at Siverstone, first cars .

Autotest 2.0 turbo Vitesse, launch of Carina E , used Montego,405,BX dizzler turbo test. Interview with Senna, where he bemoans semi auto boxes saying anybody could win races when they go fully auto.

The contract I'm involved in at work transferred to another company as of 1st July.  The new company has a restrictive internet policy in place, and we were told last week that we probably won't be able to access external internet at all for a while.  I was therefore very pleasantly surprised to discover this morning that not only have they got the internet access sorted already, but Autoshite is somehow on the list of approved sites. :)

Guest Hooli

I've just realised my Saab still has nearly half a tank of scotch petrol from shitefest. My cars really don't move much in the summer!

3 police cars showed up about an hour ago. Went knocking on Wayne & Waynetta's door (see http://autoshite.com/topic/31654-grumpy-old-man-thread/page-2570#entry1521715 forreference). Mrs D walked in 10 mins ago having been out & about with stepdaughter and told me Waynetta's been put in the back of a police car with handcuffs on while shouting and swearing. Other officers still taking out evidence bags. Wayne has a black eye and fat lip and has been left with the ridiculous number of Waynelets they seem to have.

This makes me very happy as they've done nothing but give dustbin towers, the 3 student houses and the Greek family grief (for no apparent reason) over the last month.