What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I downloaded that top gear torrent a while ago and finally got round to watching all the old ones! Bloody odd watching them talk about the new unleaded petrol, and utterly fantastic watching them all tool around in brand new e/f/G plate chod!

Watching the road test of the facelifted uno at the moment!

I downloaded that top gear torrent a while ago and finally got round to watching all the old ones! Bloody odd watching them talk about the new unleaded petrol, and utterly fantastic watching them all tool around in brand new e/f/G plate chod!

Watching the road test of the facelifted uno at the moment!

Old top gear was much better. Used to like hearing was similes Quentin had thought up that week.

Went to a retro car show today with sutty2006 and a local daily retro club which are a great bunch of people, to top it off I got to tick off something i wanted to do for a very long time, pilot a Sinclair C5 I was beaming running it around

post-4828-0-27393800-1529853476_thumb.jpg

The guys I went with

post-4828-0-78861800-1529853560_thumb.jpgpost-4828-0-71252500-1529853579_thumb.jpg

I've mentioned in Shite in Miniature and in Datsuncog's for sale thread that I want to build a collection of models of all the cars I've owned.

I finally mentioned this idea to Mrs H last night.  Her reaction: "That would look really cool!"

She is a keeper.

Mrs D made me get up at half 7 and drive to Sutton Scotney to collect a Sofabed she won on Fleabay.

I knew she was up to something.

Further reward for something I've done over the last week.

Mrs D has bought me us a superking sized bed, and we get rid of the standard double we've had for the last 5 years in the next couple weeks. The 45 minute drive to collect the sofa bed was worth it!

I would put the old bed on the shitecycle thread, but it's totally fucked. Unless there is a sister forum called Bedshite?

The dustman household seems to be full of win at the moment.

I love finding little gems of TV programmes that I never knew ever existed. Today after washing the BMW and Micra I bounced on down to the local Charity Shoppe and found a late 80s series on DVD called "Nice Work" with Warren Clarke and Haydn Gwynne. Even better, it was bloody filmed in non-other than Birmingham. Though it reminded me of the early episodes of Boon, loads of very bad attempts at the Brummie accent. Makes me laugh though! Loads of shite to spot aswell, Haydn's character drives an early 80s Renault 5.

Micra may well be on the way to repairs. So far, more inspection of the damage has seen that the boot floor is actually intact, the panel behind the bumper that seperates the bumper and boot floor is the one that is damaged. I managed to release the spare tyre. A mate of mine who owns a crash repair garage (around the corner from Sims) has inspected it and deemed it is repairable. I have also negotiated some correct-coloured parts, both front and rear bumpers, bonnet, brand new expansion tank and side mirrors for £100. I only need to pick them up from Brierley Hill. Ma is getting the 52-reg roffle Micra as a permanent replacement, the Blue Micra will be deposited for repairs next weekend.

Just popped to the shop and there's a guy, at quarter past 7 on a Sunday evening, on a main road, with the front end of his Mk4 Golf in bits and an engine crane out in the road.

Wonder if he needs it for work tomorrow morning? :D

IMG_20180624_191340.jpg

(photo taken in wing mirror whilst sat at traffic lights, safety fans)

Had a family reunion yesterday, of my mum's side of the family, held at my mum's cousin's place near Woking (he's the only one with a house big enough to hold 40-odd people).  My uncle came over from Massachusetts for the weekend, and my brother and his Mrs. came over from France with my nephew, who is now 9 months old and walking, and a proper cheerful little chap who smiles at everyone.  Was good to catch up with second cousins who I hadn't seen in years, the older generation had all cooked so the food was good, and the weather was pretty much perfect.  To cap it all off I passed a DeLorean on the M11 on the way there.

Decided to go for bike ride - we polled up at Carsington Water to find a car show in full swing.  I have never seen as many Matra/Simca Bahgeera/Murenas in one place - there was also a B-Prefix Rancho and numerous rare Simcas and a couple of Talbot Alpines.

I also stumbled across a Vincent on an N suffix.  Turns out to be a one-off made on 1974 by a Swiss bloke - custom frame and a 1947 Vincent engine. 

Oooops...

Sports car crashes into Subway at Dover service station

attachicon.gifReliant Scimitar dhc smash June 2018.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-44601959

No injuries, fortunately.

Crash investigators may wish to examine the role of illegal black and silver number plates in the accident...

I think the MOT tester way back saw this coming

Date tested3 July 2008 PASS
Mileage4,225 miles
MOT test number2817 9548 8123
Test locationunavailable until further notice
Expiry date1 August 2009
Advisory notice item(s)
  • Mars bar in Nearside Steering rack gaiter (2.2.D.2d)
 What are advisories?
Date tested2 August 2007 PASS
Mileage3,587 miles
MOT test number3334 5431 7412
Expiry date1 August 2008
Date tested2 August 2006 PASS
Mileage2,312 miles
MOT test number6320 3451 6220
Expiry date1 August 2007