What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I haven't actually driven the Saab very much, apart from the trip to Ostend, and so I hadn't really bonded with it yet. I was even considering swapping it.

I did a really good A and B road blat last night though and loved every minute of it. Perfect weather, an interesting mix of roads, and I barely saw another car. Really, really good fun at the end of a bit of a stressful day.

Ah, interesting - I was looking at these very things yesterday. The Celica has a double-din slot in the dashboard and the Sony X-plod stereo is, ummm, uncooperative? I was looking at a replacement, but for the same price I could have this piece of shiny tat instead.

Am i right that it does normal FM radio, Bluetooth, music or video from an SD card or USB and a few others things but not GPS?

I think that's right, yeah - I mostly use a USB stick or the aux input, but no AM radio and I don't think it has GPS. It's a bit fiddly to use, but it works well enough to drown out the rattly trim and wind noise where the drivers window doesn't close properly...

Furniture & bulky waste collections today. Made a pleasant change as not running around like an idiot in this poxy humid weather.

Collected 3 sofas from the Vicarage in Southbourne near Chichester. Vicar (a young hipster chap) comes out with a cup of tea for each of us, a plate of biscuits and a tin of coke each to drink later on.

He was also wearing a Ron Swanson t-shirt for added win.

A free tea & biscuits + Swanson cheered me up for we had a bad start to the day. Vicar was also a very nice bloke

Had a Sierra shape P100 in for retest today.It's got a big old Truckman nudge bar on the front that looks like it's been used for purpose.Hand rollered khaki green and the tailgate chains are bare so when I stopped in the workshop it clanged loudly.James from Practicals walked by just at that moment."Oooh,look a P100" and starts taking photos.The noise from the chains made one of the mechanics nextdoor come round too.

Ha, we get some flash cars in here but an old shitbox of a pick up is here for a 15 minute retest and two people stop what they are doing to take phone photos.

I was cruising home in the Laurel today when I saw a Renault 20 coming the other way. I'm 99.9% sure it was this one as previously photographed by Trigger: https://flic.kr/p/8T5dKS

Can't be many other brown A-reg 20s with alloy wheels, can there?

All those holidays in France, several thousand photos and no sign of a 20 yet, then I see one just a few miles from home.

The sign behind says it all ;)

Daughter 1 was doing survival training yesterday and came home with a box of rations which I read before throwing out.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180620_181137914.jpg

How thick are squaddies?

Thicker than a whale omlette(so I'm told); when the MoD buy new idiot-proof equipment the army always up the ante with a better quality of idiot capable of breaking it. The warning to not throw ammo on a fire sums it up. :D

The sign behind says it all ;)

Daughter 1 was doing survival training yesterday and came home with a box of rations which I read before throwing out.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180620_181137914.jpg

How thick are squaddies?

I don't know about squaddies but I have done nearly all the things that tells you not to do. I think I'd draw the line at throwing live ammo on a fire though.

Guest Hooli

I wonder if C4 would pass through the body unchanged as it's pretty stable, if you put a detonator into the resulting turd would it explode?

Can someone ask on ARRSE please?

No idea but i'm told it smells of marzipan.

You ask that on Arrse and someone will try it!

When I was a youth and went to music festivals we always bought army rations from the local army surplus shop to take with us and eat, they look a bit unappetising but everything tasted amazing, whether it was hot or cold. The chocolate pudding was really good, and they did another thing which was fruit dumplings in a sort of custard-y sauce.

One packet was always enough, I genuinely lolled at Nyphur's chocolate pudding binge!