Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

• Please log in to reply
50293 replies to this topic

#47371 OFFLINE   bramz7

bramz7

• Full Members
  • 2,414 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:43 PM

Pleased to know the 205 has test! Nice one on the commitment.

In other news my friend, who always had a go at me for buying cars just won an eBay auction for a 2002 BMW M3 he hasn't looked at, for £8400. I don't think my entire car history has cost me that....

buyer of impulse, seller of regret

#47372 OFFLINE   Tayne

Tayne

• Full Members
  • 12,769 posts
  • 154 thanks
  • LocationThe Granite City of Aberdeen

Posted 11 June 2018 - 06:56 PM

Tell him to look at the boot floor first.

It always amuses me that e46s vie with the PT Cruiser as the car that's too shit for Autoshite, 

#47373 OFFLINE   bramz7

bramz7

• Full Members
  • 2,414 posts
  • 15 thanks

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:00 PM

Shall do. I did offer to help get it but I'm at work, plus he knows some BMW enthusiasts.

I have to say, the advert is long and coherent, which helps. Still, can't help but feel it might be broken somewhere.

buyer of impulse, seller of regret

#47374 OFFLINE   twosmoke300

twosmoke300

• Full Members
  • 9,346 posts
  • 64 thanks
  • LocationCornwall

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:12 PM

Incase anyone cares - the weekend was even better than I imagined !
  • catsinthewelder, purplebargeken, SiC and 2 others like this

One of the funniest things ive read on here - RIP Dave

Brilliant... late in for lunch I fired up an off-brand pot noodle and while carrying it to the lounge successfully spilled it all over myself, burned the piss out of my hand, soaked my phone with the juice, soaked a load of expense receipts I was also carrying and it hit the hall floor and just fucking exploded....it was literally dripping from the ceiling in my newly decorated hallway. The obvious and considered reaction was to throw an immediate, massive paddy and boot the fucker down the hall while screaming, which has made the whole scenario about 18 times worse.

#47375 OFFLINE   myglaren

myglaren

• Full Members
  • 2,836 posts
  • 10 thanks
  • LocationWashington

Posted 11 June 2018 - 07:40 PM

No idea how to embed this.

https://twitter.com/...188238569164800

• chodweaver likes this

Sent from beyond the grave using the Force.

#47376 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,228 posts
  • 161 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 12 June 2018 - 12:03 AM

Coming home from shite fest, opening my letters and finding a cheque for over £2k from a PPI claim :)
Best bit is the only one I knew I had which is from longer ago is still going through :)

Now I need to resist spending it on chod.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  • wuvvum, privatewire, RobT and 9 others like this

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#47377 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,490 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:24 AM

Now I need to resist spending it on chod.

No you don't.

• anonymous user, RobT, purplebargeken and 3 others like this

#47378 OFFLINE   spike60

spike60

• Full Members
  • 3,089 posts
  • 15 thanks
  • LocationOop North

Posted 12 June 2018 - 08:39 AM

I recently had 7 months on the sick with poorly back, though obviously that's not a grin. I am fortunate enough to get full pay for 6 months and 1/2 for the next 6 months so finance was largely unchanged while I was off. While I was close to going back to work I went through bank accounts etc and found out sickness was covered by the mortgage protection. A phone call to a nice Irish girl revealed it also covers the overdraft facility I don't use! For reasons I don't understand they paid out the mortgage at about 130% for 7 months and the unused overdraft at about £13 a day for 3 months. 

I was just under £1000 a month better off on the sick than at work. Marvellous things these protection plans!  :-D

• myglaren, The Moog, privatewire and 4 others like this

#47379 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,850 posts
  • 31 thanks
  • LocationChiddesterrrrrr

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:36 AM

The Corolla failed its MoT yesterday.

One new petrol filling cap seal later, the Corolla passed its MoT this morning.

Mrs D is picking it up later. Total cost (inc discounted MoT price) £49. Win.

• DeeJay, purplebargeken, Lacquer Peel and 3 others like this

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#47380 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,850 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 12 June 2018 - 09:59 AM

^^^Still need to see if there are advisories on it. I'll get the papers later and see.

Dream shite.

Talbot Sunbeam - Shove-it - Viva HC - Samba - Triumph Dolly - Triumph 2000 - Avenger - Pug 205 with a suitcase engine - AEC Mammoth Major - Hillman Hunter - Allegro - another Simca would be nice as well - Pug 309 with a Poissy engine - Routemaster

#47381 OFFLINE   John F

John F

• Full Members
  • 7,109 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • LocationObjective reality

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:07 AM

WilsonWilson has changed his alias again, he's now "Jim Bell".

Presumably because that's the only remaining combination of letters he hasn't already had :-)

• loserone likes this

Never knowingly under-ambitious

'99 Land Rover Discovery ES V8

'97 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi

'94 Vauxhall Calibra V6
'91 Maserati 222 SE

'88 Yamaha XJ900F

'86 Honda CBX 750F
'82 Suzuki GSX1100SZ Katana

#47382 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,850 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 12 June 2018 - 10:45 AM

Mystery parcel from Ukraine today

Nixie 1.jpg

Containing

nixie 3.jpg

Nixies! I can (hopefully) build my second wristwatch now

Want to try and build a digital instrument panel with these to fit in a 70's car. I think they'd look good set into a Lada 1200 dash, being Cold-war era stuff. Wonder how I'd do it.......

IN-16-com.jpg

• Pillock, danthecapriman, myglaren and 16 others like this

Dream shite.

#47383 OFFLINE   yes oui si

yes oui si

• Full Members
  • 485 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationTD15

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:33 AM

That video of the Heil-throwing Yaxley-Lennon supporter squealing like a stuck pig as he got stacked to the back made me cry with laughter.

• cobblers and privatewire like this

ebehyh.png
Top grammar tips!

Bought = purchased. Brought = relocated
Lose = misplace/opposite of win. Loose = your mum

#47384 OFFLINE   yes oui si

yes oui si

• Full Members
  • 485 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationTD15

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:45 AM

And my girlfriend has just asked "Are you in any roffles tomorrow night? Anything I'd like?"

Definitely the one.

• myglaren, The Moog, privatewire and 9 others like this

ebehyh.png
Top grammar tips!

#47385 OFFLINE   Supernaut

Supernaut

Caffeine-fuelled shitposting.

• Full Members
  • 6,023 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationScreaming into the abyss.

Posted 12 June 2018 - 11:53 AM

And my girlfriend has just asked "Are you in any roffles tomorrow night? Anything I'd like?"

Definitely the one.

*flicks Vs in jealousy, goes and sobs in a quiet corner*

I do rather want that Panda 100HP though. It would suit my SMOLL CAR desires perfectly.
  • DeeJay, yes oui si, purplebargeken and 1 other like this

#47386 OFFLINE   wuvvum

wuvvum

• Full Members
  • 12,490 posts
  • 34 thanks

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

On the way into work this morning I was following a smart newish Ifor Williams twin-axle trailer stickered up in the name of a local building firm, being towed (slowly) by a diesel Series 2 Land Rover.  Seemingly the Landy didn't have the facility to connect a modern trailer plug, as the driver was using hand signals.  Last time I saw hand signals being used was an old boy in a Model T about 8 years ago.

• Lacquer Peel, Hooli and Exiled_Tat_Gatherer like this

#47387 OFFLINE   Hooli

Hooli

Rank Outsider

• Full Members
  • 13,228 posts
  • 161 thanks
  • LocationNr Doncaster

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:13 PM

Daft thing is you can get convertor cables from the 13-pin to proper 7-pin cars.

Opinions expressed are those of this cunt, not any other cunt. They do not represent the views of those responsible for this forum.
Like any true Englishman I'm never unintentionally rude. If you're offended by this post, good as that is what was intended.

#47388 OFFLINE   xtriple

xtriple

German is better than English!

• Full Members
  • 3,681 posts
  • 17 thanks
  • LocationTorquay Devon

Posted 12 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

I got a new kettle! Whoop:)  £5.99 from Argos (plus a couple of quid delivery... too lazy to go and fetch it) and it is the same as the sod I paid good money for a few years back! It works so I ma now having my first HOT coffee (instead of luewarm) in 22 hours.

The relief :)

• Hooli likes this

#47389 OFFLINE   Ghosty

Ghosty

RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE

• Full Members
  • 8,459 posts
  • 32 thanks
  • LocationManchester

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:41 PM

We're having the roof redone at chez Ghosty. It was supposed to be finished by now, having had the start date pencilled in for May 14th or something.

The scaffolders were two weeks late, and showed up unannounced at 7:30am on a Saturday to set up, having told us they were coming on the Friday.

The roofers couldn't get in until the end of the following week, worked Friday, left for the weekend, then came back and finished the roof at the start of the next week. That was last week, and only today did the scaffolders come to take down the scaffolding (this has been holding up a joiner who is making our new garage roof). 

The grin is that Old Man was pissed off at all this, so nicked a 3' length of scaffold to use as a breaker bar :grin:

• chodweaver likes this

1990 Rover 416GSi - SORN; for sale

1991 Rover 416GTi - multicoloured haunted HGFing moneypit

"Continuer indépendamment"

#47390 ONLINE   LightBulbFun

LightBulbFun

• Full Members
  • 227 posts
  • 2 thanks
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:13 PM

Mystery parcel from Ukraine today

attachicon.gifNixie 1.jpg

Containing

attachicon.gifnixie 3.jpg

Nixies! I can (hopefully) build my second wristwatch now

Want to try and build a digital instrument panel with these to fit in a 70's car. I think they'd look good set into a Lada 1200 dash, being Cold-war era stuff. Wonder how I'd do it.......

attachicon.gifIN-16-com.jpg

Oooh! Nixie tubes Epic!  I look forward to seeing the finished product :)

I have about 20 or so IN12Bs from somewhere in the "USSR"... got them a good few years ago but the way they came packed was something out of the 1600s (I also have a few more nixie tubes but just single examples...)

box wrapped up in wax paper tied up with string and then sealed with a wax stamp. felt like Hogwarts sent me a parcel or something...

do you have any of the big IN18s? id love a clock out of those but last I checked (like 4 years ago mind) the price for IN18s was a bit much... granted theres a guy who setup up a factory in an old castle building/making brand nixie tubes https://www.daliborfarny.com/ well worth checking out.

end game tho would be one of these monstrosities  :mrgreen: http://www.jb-electr...414.htm?lang=en one can dream :)

• Datsuncog, chodweaver and SiC like this

#47391 OFFLINE   yes oui si

yes oui si

• Full Members
  • 485 posts
  • 5 thanks
  • LocationTD15

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

*flicks Vs in jealousy, goes and sobs in a quiet corner*

I do rather want that Panda 100HP though. It would suit my SMOLL CAR desires perfectly.

She drives a LWB Defender pickup as well.

I fancy the Panda and the Scirocco. She'd have the Scirocco.

• purplebargeken likes this

ebehyh.png
Top grammar tips!

#47392 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,850 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 12 June 2018 - 04:38 PM

Oooh! Nixie tubes Epic!  I look forward to seeing the finished product :)

I have about 20 or so IN12Bs from somewhere in the "USSR"... got them a good few years ago but the way they came packed was something out of the 1600s (I also have a few more nixie tubes but just single examples...)

box wrapped up in wax paper tied up with string and then sealed with a wax stamp. felt like Hogwarts sent me a parcel or something...

do you have any of the big IN18s? id love a clock out of those but last I checked (like 4 years ago mind) the price for IN18s was a bit much... granted theres a guy who setup up a factory in an old castle building/making brand nixie tubes https://www.daliborfarny.com/ well worth checking out.

end game tho would be one of these monstrosities  :mrgreen: http://www.jb-electr...414.htm?lang=en one can dream :)

I have a clock made already with IN-12a tubes, the ones without the decimal point, took the tubes from my previous Arduino powered clock for which I needed to make a case but lacked the tools and craftsmanship, so got a £40 case off ebay. Just need to install the INS-1 neons into it for the flashing colons.

These little tubes are IN-16 paid about £20 for 6 as tested and used. These will be powered by the Arduino as I can make a prototyping board the same size as the Arduino circuit board and fit all 6 tubes on it - they're only about 12mm wide so dinky little things ideal for a watch, however I looking at other things I feel a clock would be more ideal as need 12v power. Might make a nice period fitment to a 50/60/70's motor....

IN-18s and those new ones Dalibor Farny makes are well out of my price range at the moment. Those huge ones are truly epic.

• LightBulbFun likes this

Dream shite.

#47393 OFFLINE   Wack

Wack

• Full Members
  • 2,206 posts
  • 16 thanks
  • LocationCheshire

Posted 12 June 2018 - 06:16 PM

This made me laugh out loud when I heard it on the radio today

The fashion shop H&M sold a lot of carrier bags in Windsor on the wedding day

Some kids went in and bought loads for 5p each then started selling them to tourists for £1 each as Harry & Megan souvenirs

• wuvvum, myglaren, kinkersaab and 19 others like this

2003 Range Rover HSE

2015 Mercedes B220 CDi 4Matic

2011 Ford Transit XLWB Dropside

#47394 OFFLINE   SiC

SiC

• Full Members
  • 9,171 posts
  • 90 thanks
  • LocationBristol

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:35 PM

I have an old frequency counter in the loft that uses Nixie tubes. Tempted to get it out and bask in its glory.
  • chodweaver, dozeydustman and LightBulbFun like this
Oldies: 1972 Austin 1100 2dr - Project Rust bucket, 1974 MGB GT - A stereotypical classic car.
Moderns: 2008 Audi TT - Utterly boring but very compentent, 2010 Aldi A4 - Owned to placate the wife on my crap buying.

#47395 OFFLINE   face

face

• Full Members
  • 1,223 posts
  • 9 thanks

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:47 PM

o7sp53.jpg

• Pillock, DeeJay, Bobthebeard and 6 others like this

#47396 OFFLINE   beko1987

beko1987

Reliable Renault

• Full Members
  • 14,527 posts
  • 49 thanks
  • LocationThame, Oxon

Posted 13 June 2018 - 10:40 AM

IMG_20180613_113736.jpg

Lunchtime!
  • The Moog, RobT, Ghosty and 4 others like this
2001 Gooner2 Ph1 1.9Dci Expression (His)
2008 orl Vauxhalls r Shit Zafira 1.8 SRI 140 (Hers)

#47397 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,850 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:30 PM

I have an old frequency counter in the loft that uses Nixie tubes. Tempted to get it out and bask in its glory.

It will always find a good home in my man room/shed (delete as appropriate) if it ever needs rehoming.

• SiC likes this

Dream shite.

#47398 OFFLINE   dozeydustman

dozeydustman

• Full Members
  • 1,850 posts
  • 31 thanks

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:22 PM

^^^Still need to see if there are advisories on it. I'll get the papers later and see.

Amazingly the slight corrosion to the metal brake pipes and the deterioration of the rubber brake hoses wasn't mentioned this year. Always seems to get an advisory on the colour of the indicators so may do an LED conversion.

Nothing a 17-year old mechanics student can't handle!

toyota.jpeg

Dream shite.

#47399 OFFLINE   Kiltox

Kiltox

• Full Members
  • 7,875 posts
  • 63 thanks

Posted 13 June 2018 - 01:23 PM

Just change them for new orange bulbs, cheaper!

1997 R Nissan Primera GT

2002 02 Porsche Boxster S

2016 65 Citroen Relay 2.2 L2H1

2017 17 Dacia Duster 1.6 Access

#47400 OFFLINE   Ghosty

Ghosty

RELIABLE HONDA ENGINE

• Full Members
  • 8,459 posts
  • 32 thanks
  • LocationManchester

Posted 13 June 2018 - 02:40 PM

Someone on the 2/400 Owners Club has just bought an early base model 214.

It has a manual choke :shock: :-D

• Hooli and Brodders like this

1990 Rover 416GSi - SORN; for sale

1991 Rover 416GTi - multicoloured haunted HGFing moneypit

"Continuer indépendamment"

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Captain Grey, catsinthewelder