What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Guest Hooli

What is it that is particularly British about this? The 'fist bump'? The overly laid-back affect of the bus driver? The motorcyclist's apparent complete disregard for anything in front of the bus?

The only British things about this film are driving on the left and the red bus.

Apparent disregard? I fail to see that, he stopped without issue well before the front of the bus so he obviously saw the bloke walking across by looking through the bus.

What is it that is particularly British about this? The 'fist bump'? The overly laid-back affect of the bus driver? The motorcyclist's apparent complete disregard for anything in front of the bus?

The only British things about this film are driving on the left and the red bus.

The after you, no, after you exchange between the motorcyclist and pedestrian was pretty fucking British, as was the humorous execution of the fist bump with its so very subtle hint of piss taking and dry sarcasm. Then there's no shouting, nobody left for dead, nor WW3 starting which is what the swarthy continentals would do with such a situation.

I've bought a VW T5 which I can understand is "not cool" (I have reasons) but it's a 192bhp 5 cylinder turbo diesel and I really didn't anticipate how beautiful it would sound. It's flipping magnificent. 

Apparently these 2.5s are made of chocolate, but the noise they make will really keep me happy until it plunges me deep into debt.

Those 5-pot Dub TDIs do sound lovely.  I had an LT28 van with the non-turbo (SDI) version - slow as fuck but that just gave me an excuse to constantly cane the living shit out of it.  Good times.

Just driving along, roof up but windows down, fat Chester hanging his head out of the drivers side rear window, turning right at a junction and a random lass shouts out: 'Nice car!'

Never happened to me before, not even when out in £25Ks of Bentley! So, if you are lacking in the looks department (like Moi) then you need £1800 worth of Mercedes convertible with a soggy dog hanging out of the window :)

Get yourself a V6 Gooner auto, bring it to Crail and then we'll settle this.

Yours Sincerely,

Manual 330 Owner.

Ah, but then you'd be expecting it. The beauty of the V6 Laguna is the element of surprise, and making people in stickered-up 320d's try really, really hard not to lose face...

So only faster than a 330 that’s being driven slowly?

All you Gooner boys in your glacial French buses seem to change the comapritive BMW every time.

I’m sure it would measure up really well against the e21 315 from 1981.

Bring a BMW 1.6 and I'll facking have you m8 in my gooner!

I lent my crutches out a few weeks ago to a complete stranger who posted on facebook asking if anyone had a pair as her 11 year old little girl did almost what I did... She bought them back today with a box of chocolate! How lovely, and so was the chocolate which we have demolished now...

This one time I beat my brother at traffic light grand prix.  I was in the Princess, he was in a considerably newer Skoda Felicia estate.  He said he wasn't paying attention, but we know the real reason I won is because I'm a much better driver and was in a vastly superior vehicle.  I'm also the director of a powerfully built company of directions, and this is what peak physical fitness looks like.

This one time I beat my brother at traffic light grand prix.  I was in the Princess, he was in a considerably newer Skoda Felicia estate.  He said he wasn't paying attention, but we know the real reason I won is because I'm a much better driver and was in a vastly superior vehicle.  I'm also the director of a powerfully built company of directions, and this is what peak physical fitness looks like.

....and then Angyl wakes up from the unbelievable dream sequence!

Apparent disregard? I fail to see that, he stopped without issue well before the front of the bus so he obviously saw the bloke walking across by looking through the bus.

I thought the whole point of the video was that the bus driver warned the motorcyclist of the pedestrian's presence, so the motorcyclist slowed down and stopped. If the motorcyclist needed the warning, want me traveling too quickly for the conditions?

Just hauled a huge Collins short wave radio power supply out of the storage attic at work to save it going in the bin.

KSW1_PSU_CLOSED_small.jpg

Thing is the size of a small fridge and weighs about 300lbs.

KSW1_PSU_OPEN_small.jpg

Sadly the radio itself is gone but this thing is a beast. It's all mercury arc rectifiers and other good stuff inside, looks almost military in its construction.

Phil

Much want for the PC in the background...

That's right smack in the middle of my favourite era of kit to mess about with. Especially portables from that era. Toshiba T5200/200 being probably my favourite computer out of my collection...aside from carrying the darn thing anyway.

Granted...so is the Comms gear you'd just dug out too!

As for what made me smile today? The look of complete disbelief on the face of the driver of the Impreza WRX who tried to follow me at speed through an otherwise empty roundabout. He had to use all the available road - and got to watch the Activa go through like it was on rails.

It's *fun* to mess with people's heads in that car. I do really need to get it on a track sometime though...

Guest Hooli

I thought the whole point of the video was that the bus driver warned the motorcyclist of the pedestrian's presence, so the motorcyclist slowed down and stopped. If the motorcyclist needed the warning, want me traveling too quickly for the conditions?

Can't say I noticed that. I filter a lot quicker than that a lot of the time & still stop in time for things. I've had a similar moment but I locked the front wheel of the bike as I stopped, that woke up the daft lass on her phone not looking as she wandered through traffic.

This blithering idiot on the blue who thinks he's stuck one to The Man by amending his PCP contract so that he doesn't have to pay the big lump sum. What a twat, but very funny reading (note the OP changes his user name half way through but someone preserved the original post)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1747234&i=0

This blithering idiot on the blue who thinks he's stuck one to The Man by amending his PCP contract so that he doesn't have to pay the big lump sum. What a twat, but very funny reading (note the OP changes his user name half way through but someone preserved the original post)

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=23&t=1747234&i=0

I read it to the end, sounds like a wind-up.

Still, wouldn't put it past the Can't Pay Brigade. Shame, really - watch it all the time, would be hilarious to see him on there.

Got an 'Approval Needed' message flashing up on the Tesco self-serve the other night - for a chocolate bar.

post-17915-0-65086600-1528293170_thumb.jpg

Careful scrutiny of the ingredients revealed that some part of it (either the filling or the bar overall) did indeed contain 1.4% alcohol.

Brilliant.

I can see why it's necessary to get store approval from a supervisor if they're classed as liqueur chocolates but, by cracky, you'd need to guzzle a right lot to get a bit of a buzz on...

Was quite nice, anyway. 12/10, would intoxicate again.