What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Anyway enough modern plastic fantastic VAG talk. ;)

My wife and mother-in-law are going to a Spa treatment day tomorrow, leaving my father-in-law and myself to go to the British Motor Museum at Gaydon. Just looking on their website and it turns out this is on:

National Metro & Mini Show

Metro-and-Mini-6.jpg

Should be good! I'm also hoping that I may find some ado16 parts if I'm lucky. :)

Anyone else going from here?? MarvinsMom?

Not a grin to start with but the outcome is, I have worked in a nursing home for the past 16 months but today was a different day from the norm, I was doing my work when a colleague frantically came to me "steve your needed downstairs urgently" I go down and there was a high functioning autistic chap in reception at crisis point extremely anxious and scared, the staff explained with me being from a mental health background they came and got me, im very chuffed they did I turned the situation around for this guy got him calmed and relaxed we had a great chat about things and I walked him to where he wanted to go, the staff got told to ring the police and let them take him home (which was a place he didn't want to be at that moment on time) so the outcome with me was much more pleasant

Just deposited a cheque into my bank account without leaving my sofa - online banking app now has an option to deposit cheques by submitting photos of them

Since it is 15 years since I wrote a cheque and many years since I've received one, it's a redundant option for me.

Clydesdale Bank announced it on their app, so I suppose Yorkshire Bank too.

Since it is 15 years since I wrote a cheque and many years since I've received one, it's a redundant option for me.

Scrappies still like to pay by cheque when you scrap a car sometimes. Also tend to get stupid amounts from companies - £14 from the council the other day for overpaid council tax for example

Guest VicN

I went out for a run around Edinburgh this afternoon and happened across some crusties having an impromptu rave in the Meadows !

What's a crusty?

definitely very loud, but something kept going wrong and the music would cut out for a second or two, the dj was annoyed, the crusties cheered and kept on dancing :)

I wonder if he is for hire and available for shitefest ?

Those seats have been copied from your avatar.

My avatar is my neighbours exhaust rubber hanging on a bush down the road, took her a month or so after I found it and hung it there to ask me to look at why she had a knocking noise when going the speed humps. Took car for a spin then looked underneath and saw it was missing an exhaust rubber and laughed all the way down the road to retrieve it.

Out in the TT today when I had another one pull up by the side of me at the traffic lights. He was probably what most would describe as your stereotypical TT owner (to be fair the same probably could said about me) with his girlfriend next to him. As he was tailgating me before hand (I was doing the speed limit), I hazard a guess that he probably was going to race off the lights. Being a childish sort of person, I couldn't resist. Especially as it a straight dual carriageway into an NSL.

Gear shifter moved from Drive to Sport.

Traffic Light GP lights are Red ... Amber ... Green for Go!

I let go of the brake and planted the accelerator. Front chinese, winter rated death rings squarked and scrabbled for any grip they could while the Traction Control system flashed frantically away as it tried to keep everything in check.

Naturally I got ahead and stayed ahead. There was a good 2 car lengths ahead by the time I got up to 70mph when I backed off the accelerator. :mrgreen:

I could see him loosing speed and lurching on his (presumably) manual gear changes. I do like DSG... :)

In my defense of taking the bait is that it was a good test to see if everything was working well! Especially as both cars should have had similar performance as being nearly identical. So all the horses must be still alive in the engine and the gearbox must be whirring its cogs properly. :)

Quite why he was bothering racing another TT off the line I'm not really sure why...

I've slightly forgiven it for costing me far too much last month now.

*Puts on flame suit from this Pistonheads style post*

this was a game that was fun to play in a 2.0 cvt primera (vvt with learning ecu)- just pull away at the same rate as them but get ahead just by the fact there was no on/off the powah for gear changes and all at less than 4000 revs lol

I've bought a VW T5 which I can understand is "not cool" (I have reasons) but it's a 192bhp 5 cylinder turbo diesel and I really didn't anticipate how beautiful it would sound. It's flipping magnificent. 

Apparently these 2.5s are made of chocolate, but the noise they make will really keep me happy until it plunges me deep into debt.

What is it that is particularly British about this? The 'fist bump'? The overly laid-back affect of the bus driver? The motorcyclist's apparent complete disregard for anything in front of the bus?

The only British things about this film are driving on the left and the red bus.

I went out for a run around Edinburgh this afternoon and happened across some crusties having an impromptu rave in the Meadows !

I must have looked a little out of place in my running kit taking photos but I doubt anyone noticed :)

attachicon.gifIMG_4939.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4940.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4942.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4943.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_4944.JPG

That's 'the next field' from Carry On Camping.