What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

If u are on phone in car, isnt that technically being on phone while driving? Same as if u are pissed with car keys in pocket, thats drunk driving? Yes I know its bollox but..........................

Ah, but if you're using an app, is it a phone or is it a mobile computer? Remember Jimmy Carr got off a phone-while-driving charge because his Mr Loophole lawyer told the court he'd been recording a joke...

From a PC

Left click on the web address at the top of the ebay page to make it turn blue

Hold down the Ctrl key and press C to cut the address

Click on the Autoshite tab and reply to topic

Hold down the Ctrl key again and press V to paste it into the reply

I only have a phone unfortunately.

Guest Hooli

Shell have done it for ages. Think you’re meant to stay in your car when on the phone

Oh good, that means the OMGKILLEREXPLOSIONCAUSINGRADIOWAVES won't go outside your car either then....

If u are on phone in car, isnt that technically being on phone while driving? Same as if u are pissed with car keys in pocket, thats drunk driving? Yes I know its bollox but..........................

The drink drive offence for having keys in your pocket etc is “drunk in charge of a motor vehicle” - using a mobile phone when parked isn’t the same as when driving.

Guest Hooli

I'm not sure that it isn't. I'd have to look it up, but memory tells me that the using a moby offence occurs when the engine is running (moving or not makes no difference).

I think parked is defined in the Highway Code as engine off & handbrake on. Interesting one for all those auto drivers who never use the handbrake these days.

How many hours have you spent?Premium Search...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43t0mycG-eI

Lol, no, the advert I was looking for was for some bank in the late 90s:

Lol, been looking up some old late 90s adverts for a pretty cool advert I last saw around 97/98 related to banking which involved;

...some chap running and getting cornered by some "gangsters" then for some unknown reason they start playing rounders/baseball (it was a UK based advert) and some car windows got smashed. I remember there being a BMW 635i and a P38 Range Rover in the advert, still not found it mind...

I just happened to come across the Ginger XR2 bloke and the advert that went with him. Cheers though ;)

I suppose it’s not technically legal to “park” with the engine running (you can be fined for idling unnecessarily in certain areas right?)

You’d need to be stopped somewhere stupid or fail the attitude test for a copper to give a shit though

I never understand anybody giving lip to a copper who pulls you up. Suicide.

Just transferred the insurance from dollop to MB, got a whole £4.91 refund :)  Took me ages to recall who the damn thing was insured with: the joys of doing everything online, no paper trail to find.... though I spent ages looking!

My buddy just told me this story. She had a Rover bubble 200 in BRG with a fake wood dash. I asked if the head gasket failed?

Of course it had, anyway she sold it to a friend and after a few months he was coming back from Scarborough and it kept conking out. So he set fire to it, the police saw him doing this so he legged it.

She believes they could only do him with littering.

There's an advert just been on telly, you can now pay for BP fuel using an app on your phone to save that 60ft walk to the till and back.

Have they now decided that using your phone on a petrol station forecourt will NOT result in an explosion, the size of which would knock the earth off its axis?

I once got yelled at by someone washing the petrol pumps on a little village filling station. I was walking past on the pavement, on the phone. "Gerrover there! Cross over! PETROL!" the mad bint yelled.

The interesting effect of this if widely adopted will be how it affects petrol price margins when no one bothers buying overpriced goods in the shop. And what all the franchisee owners of petrol stations will do. Hmmm.

I never understand anybody giving lip to a copper who pulls you up. Suicide.

A large amount of interactions on the endless stream of Police Stop Interceptor Traffic Cops shows start with the pulled guy immediately being huffy/cocky/aggressive "I pay your wage/got nothing better to do?/aint done nuffink m8" and they all end up in cuffs in the back of a van, with acting like a nob while having a warrant for their arrest being a favourite.

Apparently people are even fucking dumber than I thought they were.