What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

I managed to get my car insurance renewal down from £480 to £370 on the phone. Knocked off a named driver who doesn't use the car any more took about £60 off, and then she listened to my buttery charm and knocked another £50 off.

Oh, and Japan was ace! Flew the missus out for a week to meet me and we had an amazing time, I finally got to take an R34 Skyline round the mountain roads and it was amazing. Hit 3k RPM and the world just goes backwards, and it sticks to the road like shit on a blanket.

I asked the missus to marry me, she said yes.

But the Skyline just ticked every box for me, what a motor!

Technically I was sat in a car.

There’s this local church that’s on a junction, they have this sign that never makes any sense. Today was “Don’t go to waste. Let Jesus recycle you”

Which I’m struggling to work out, so I checked street view.

“Your honour, not once did God say not to choke the Thai whore with iPhone headphones. Therefore I should be released immediately.”

post-8806-0-39924200-1525107402_thumb.jpeg

Been working on my landy series project. 3 ish years ago I dropped the ignition switch and now have a rats nest of wiring and no clue which one goes where. Googled the lucas part number, and there's someone on a lotus elan forum asking the same question. Wiring colours match the lotus so wired it up as per instructions, wcpgw?

Only turned out to be right. Disconnected coil until I got oil pressure, reconnected and it fired up straight away. Got to love 2 1/4's.

I managed to get my car insurance renewal down from £480 to £370 on the phone. Knocked off a named driver who doesn't use the car any more took about £60 off, and then she listened to my buttery charm and knocked another £50 off. Oh, and Japan was ace! Flew the missus out for a week to meet me and we had an amazing time, I finally got to take an R34 Skyline round the mountain roads and it was amazing. Hit 3k RPM and the world just goes backwards, and it sticks to the road like shit on a blanket.I asked the missus to marry me, she said yes.But the Skyline just ticked every box for me, what a motor!

when telling family and friends this tale ,in the company of said future wife. When asked what Japan was like remember to say the bit about proposing and saying yes first. Then do how good car was. Get this wring and you will pay for it one day. Women are like that. Very nice and beautiful creatures, but mad.

Been hunting for a car... any car to keep me mobile. Messaged a friend on Facebook who has three cars, a van and a Jeep thing. He is (or so I thought) in Sweden as he is in the process of moving over there. He just came round and we talked about cars. Mini Cooper 'S' for £1100, 54 Modus for £500 or I can borrow his 08 plate Vauxhall estate thing for nuffing! It's both manual and diesel, both of which I hate, but hey, what a star eh?

He's just cleaning the junk out of it then bringing it round. I hope with a fresh valet and a full tank!

Isn't it nice when you get a quick win?

My Disco 300 TDi has been sluggish for a while, I poked around under the bonnet last weekend & found a hole in the elbow hose between the turbocharger outlet & the intercooler pipe.

New elbow hose was delivered for £8.50 or so and fitted in 5 mins, Disco now picks up nicely when the turbo kicks in :-)

Been hunting for a car... any car to keep me mobile. Messaged a friend on Facebook who has three cars, a van and a Jeep thing. He is (or so I thought) in Sweden as he is in the process of moving over there. He just came round and we talked about cars. Mini Cooper 'S' for £1100, 54 Modus for £500 or I can borrow his 08 plate Vauxhall estate thing for nuffing! It's both manual and diesel, both of which I hate, but hey, what a star eh?

He's just cleaning the junk out of it then bringing it round. I hope with a fresh valet and a full tank!

Do NOT buy the Modus. As practical as they may appear. It will go wrong with a bill that dwarfs the value of the vehicle.

Colin, my friend wo has lent me his motor is halfway between here and Denmark (I keep thinking it's Swededn) and so he checked when tax and mot was due on his various cars. Suffice it to say that I now have a Jeep 4 litre thingin the garage due to lack of anything and I have had to insure the Vauxhall as it ran out in March!

£235 fully comp with a whole 1 years No claims. Still insurance is one of those things you have to pay regardless.

Been for a drive in it, not bad to be honest, few quirks (indicators I'm looking at you!) but seems fine, goes well and slogs along easily and i don't notice diesel when inside the thing. But manumatic rear windows! Chester is distraught, the shame of it all :)