What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Well done to your daughter, I doubt she has discovered the joy of rebuilding calipers yet and the wonders of multiple sticking pistons

She's done that on the wife's Corolla outside of college under my guidance. Neither of us swore at them, and they still work 8 months on with nice even pad wear so she'd done it good. My dad's got her earmarked to rebuild the callipers on his ZZR600 at some point

I think she had a particularly awful set of drums to work on and reassemble for her practical assessment - the cars they have to work on are an OHV fish faced Fiesta, K11 Micra and a Mk1 facelift Megane, so prime shite territory motors. Never worked on any of those cars so I can't comment!

Just winding down from a cracking weekend.    Rock and roll gig on Saturday night with some top mates, first sleep in the campervan this year in the lane outside, followed by a pleasant Sunday meandering around random chocolate-box Hampshire villages with no particular place to go.   Saw a Jensen CV-8 Mk III which I managed to follow for a few miles with my window down - upset Mrs Rocker with the draught but that V8....   

Topped the day off with a rummage round an antiques fair wherein I managed to score a Gilbern GT brochure complete with 50th British Motor Show exhibitor's label on it which if I recall correctly dates it to 1965.   "How much is this?" was answered with "A Pound".   Thank you very much....

post-5367-0-33106500-1525021180_thumb.jpg

Cheap bluetooth FM thing works a treat with the Micra saving me buying a whole new stereo.  Crate of Magners from Home Bargains, and no neighbours in so I can have my surround system playing some chillstep.

Yes. Just.. yes.

They are good aren't they ? Think I paid £15 for mine and it's transformed my ICE. Not that I have it on much mind.

Cheap bluetooth FM thing works a treat with the Micra saving me buying a whole new stereo.  Crate of Magners from Home Bargains, and no neighbours in so I can have my surround system playing some chillstep.

Yes. Just.. yes.

I'm on a massive chillhop phase at the moment, it's good stuff.

Two things arrived this morning that made me smile.

Firstly , I opened a bank account last with Metrobank , mainly as they have a branch next door to my local shop and all the other fuckers keep closing theirs.

When opening the account I was told to type a random word into a keyboard to activate the account, it would only be used once and nobody would ever use or see it, seems she lied, oops!

post-17414-0-35559400-1525087497_thumb.jpeg

Those jars hiding my important identity are the other thing, six arrived and I got a Whatsapp message from a client, ' Keep one jar , it's good for you" I ve got to take the other five to The Churchill Hotel in That Lahnden and give them to someone that's flying back to Kuwait tonight.

So that's £200 ( plus con chg) to drop off some honey, so I checked how much they cost . Over £100 a jar !!! For honey!!! WTF? I've just had about a fivers worth on a bit of toast, it wasn't that great.

Daughter has just passed her driving test. Absolutely made up for her, she’s had her struggles including one really big issue, but she’s done it

Thats great news, can't help feeling the quality* cars her Dad has no doubt got lined up for her might take the shine off things a bit, though.

Good luck, love, you're gonna need it.

....Those jars hiding my important identity are the other thing, six arrived and I got a Whatsapp message from a client, ' Keep one jar , it's good for you" I ve got to take the other five to The Churchill Hotel in That Lahnden and give them to someone that's flying back to Kuwait tonight.

So that's £200 ( plus con chg) to drop off some honey, so I checked how much they cost . Over £100 a jar !!! For honey!!! WTF? ....

The other thing about manuka honey is that it's the biggest con going - so lucrative is the Manuka/UMF label, that actual production is far outstripped by the quantity sold as "manuka" each year.

My wiper blades have been split since the beast from the east.  It was getting to the poinbt of being barely driveable in the rain so I ordered some new ones from ECP at 1pm.  Got 50% off and free same day delivery, they were here by 3pm.  What a time to be alive.

Scratch that, they're the wrong ones, typical ECP shit, useless cunts.  Please move post to grumpy thread etc

Flippin' brilliant!   Sorry to laugh, but that is my life summed up in two consecutive posts.....

Yeah its fucking typical innit.  I don't know why I allow myself to believe.

Been in the queue for customer services now for an hour and, I suspect, cut off a while ago because its been at position 9 for some considerable time.  I started at 42 - obviously i'm not the only one they have wronged today.   I suspect same day delivery is going to cost me a couple of days chasing replacement\my money back