What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Or Fiat Uno

I have seen a friend destroy some brand new Uno brake shoes with a hammer. Awkward bastards

[anorak on]

Fiat used those same brake shoes for about 30 years.

127, Panda, Uno, various Yugos all the same with those odd circular spring thingies.

AP LS1290 from memory.

[/anorak off]

Stepdaughter's report card at Parents' Evening last night. She's doing entry level car mechanics. Very proud.

report card.jpg

Upper half is practical assessment (4 distinctions, 2 merits and 2 passes), bottom is the theory side. 2nd in the class overall with an average mark of 94% and is earmarked for an apprenticeship at the local VW dealer. I think she's going to make a bloody good mechanic when she's all growed up.

She's already said that drum brakes are "fucking awful fucking fuckers that can fuck off". Good girl!

EDIT - parents' evening was last week, we got the report card yesterday after she came home from college!

Well done to your daughter, I doubt she has discovered the joy of rebuilding calipers yet and the wonders of multiple sticking pistons

Woohoo, Camry went pretty much straight through its MoT (apart from a number plate bulb).

Looks like I've done almost 2,500 miles in it since resurrecting it last year after the accident damage and being written-off in late 2013. Perhaps I should celebrate by getting the tailgate painted and twin rear wipers working this year?......