What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

From the news today...

Company director jailed after fitting laser jammer to Range Rover and giving speed cameras the finger............

After the case, Traffic Constable Andrew Forth said: ‘If you want to attract our attention, repeatedly gesturing at police camera vans with your middle finger while you’re driving a distinctive car fitted with a laser jammer is an excellent way to do it.

Big fuck off ballast number 2 arrived  :mrgreen: (Postman pat must love me... each one of these is 15Kg+ and I live 3 stories up...)

post-25614-0-47595000-1524573952_thumb.jpg

so I set about wiring them up in parallel for MAXIMUM POWER! so I was able to run my even bigger fuck off lightbulb, my 2000W Osram HQI-T Sports stadium metal halide lightbulb up to full power  :mrgreen:

post-25614-0-07357000-1524573942_thumb.jpg

this was ungodly bright the picture does not do it justice sadly, (for anyone looking for lumen figures, this thing kicks out 200,000 lumens!) im pretty sure if I put a reflector and shutter over said reflector on this thing, I could send Morse code messages to the ISS... during the day.  :mrgreen: it also kicked out an impressive amount of heat.

I had to run it partway up on one Ballast then bring the second ballast into the setup after the lamp had warmed up some, as if I had just fired it up from cold with both Ballasts the inrush current would of blown the arse end out of the 13A fuse in the plug...

(I should fire it up at 3AM and see if I can piss off the entire neighbourhood  :mrgreen: and probably attract every insect from across England...) now how long until someone lashes one onto the back of their car to fight off blind tailgaters :)

Been driving the company Ford Exploda (Explorer) all last week.

It was amazing climbing back into and driving my old subie come Saturday morning. No floaty boat feeling (I could actually feel the bumps and surface changes in the road), manual gearbox, so feeling the gear change, and when that turbo came into song...

Near bliss!

Stepdaughter's report card at Parents' Evening last night. She's doing entry level car mechanics. Very proud.

post-24583-0-15921100-1524755065_thumb.jpg

Upper half is practical assessment (4 distinctions, 2 merits and 2 passes), bottom is the theory side. 2nd in the class overall with an average mark of 94% and is earmarked for an apprenticeship at the local VW dealer. I think she's going to make a bloody good mechanic when she's all growed up.

She's already said that drum brakes are "fucking awful fucking fuckers that can fuck off". Good girl!

EDIT - parents' evening was last week, we got the report card yesterday after she came home from college!

Stepdaughter's report card at Parents' Evening last night. She's doing entry level car mechanics. Very proud.

attachicon.gifreport card.jpg

Upper half is practical assessment (4 distinctions, 2 merits and 2 passes), bottom is the theory side. 2nd in the class overall with an average mark of 94% and is earmarked for an apprenticeship at the local VW dealer. I think she's going to make a bloody good mechanic when she's all growed up.

She's already said that drum brakes are "fucking awful fucking fuckers that can fuck off". Good girl!

When my mechanic Steve (57) is laying under a truck outside in february "fucking awful fucking fuckers that can fuck off" he says something similar about his parents who were also in the motor trade and passed their knowledge on to him to get him to where he is now  :D