What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

5 weeks after getting the "it's not you, it's us, but please clear your desk" phone call from her employer, Mrs_Pillock found herself in the position where she accepted a job with a national supermarket chain as a technology analyst, but in doing so had to make two other phone calls to let down other prospective employers. It's quite empowering!

"Thank you for interviewing me, you did very well but after careful consideration I've decided your company isn't right for my needs" was basically how it went.... 

Also there's a bit of travelling involved so the hunt for a new, more suitable vehicle can start.

I win a life and fatha thestag was embarrassed to be standing next to me

found these two in a north Devon Saturday market and rescued them from oblivion for less that the cost of a pint

the 120 brochure is in french with period french writing to the cover

both are in good shape.

attachicon.gif20180217_182844.jpg

attachicon.gif20180217_182906.jpg

attachicon.gif20180217_182855.jpg

attachicon.gif20180217_182918.jpg

attachicon.gif20180217_182926.jpg

attachicon.gif20180217_182933.jpg

anyone on here want them at cost Plus postage PM me else I is keeping them

p.s. if you get them and I find them on ebay next week i might be displeashured

post-3439-0-42987800-1519996346.jpg

FUCKING WHITE MOCCASINS FTWFW

Hopefully have a one bed house to move into in a few weeks, renting of course but unfurnished so now I get the joy* of buying everything.

I think it will do my relationship with my other half the world of good having the space to ourselves.

Also means my 45 mile commute has been cut down to 3! May offer up the Stilo for a cheap rofl (£2.50 a ticket?) as I don't really need it now.

Also....should be collecting something new for the collection this weekend. More soon.

Ha I did that before I went to work at a Honda dealer . Had 3 interviews in one day . Honda , vag and Vauxhall. Went with Honda and made the calls having been offered all 3 jobs . Vw offered more money straight away but I didn’t like the feel of the place

Honda is always the right choice ;)

Mortgage application has now been submitted in full to the lender and my broker is confident* having checked all of the paperwork that it will be successful

Solicitors have started doing their thing so I should hopefully be a homeowner soon.

Chilling the fuck out this week on a much deserved holiday - makes a change from living in a South London budget hotel :D

Hopefully have a one bed house to move into in a few weeks, renting of course but unfurnished so now I get the joy* of buying everything.

My lad has just sold his 3-bed house in Southport and has a load of furniture and chattels to sell off.  If there's anything you fancy dragging up the motorway for, shout up!

In other news... watching Minder this morning with MrsR (life on the sick eh, it's tough!) and Arfur had to go to the dentist.  Mrs immediately picked on the tools the dentist was using, the way she was using them, etc.  The joys of living with a retired dental nurse! :)

I knew a guy once that sent his licence in for points taking off and an address change and he had to phone dvla to complain that they hadn't put his motor cycle entitlement on his new licence.

They sent him out an amended one with the entitlement on.

He'd never had the entitlement in the first place!!

I have been thinking about motorcycle licences as I have my US motorcycle licence but not a UK entitlement.  From what I can make out I would have to start from scratch to get a UK motorcycle entitlement added to my UK licence.

So I definitely won't* be following this advice when I eventually move back to the UK and update my licence.  Thanks for nothing.

I am sitting in a supermarket carpark shoving bigmacs down my gullet and some sour-faced dizzy Barbiedoll type has done two and a half circuits so far pushing her trolley looking for her car.

In her defence, I am sitting in the only car that isn't black, silver or white and they do all look the same.

Starting a new job in a fortnight and had to go for a 'drug & alcohol test' appointment today. The alcohol test was just a breathalyser!!! What the point of that is I dont know, if you can't even make it to a previously-arranged D&A test in an 'unpissed' condition at 10am you've got problems eh. Asked the OH nurse if she'd ever had anyone fail the test. 'Only one in all the time I can remember' she said. 'It was a lad who'd been out the night before celebrating that fact that he'd been offered a job!!!' That was the end of his job offer! The mind boggles.

Had this when went to work forMars. Full on drug and alcohol testing. Rooms had locks on taps so couldn't cheat.

Asked same question - she basically said it will pick up those who are using but functioning. Insurers rather than company were interested especially as part of org was production line

Was shitting it a bit has had a heavy weekend for my birthday but nothing came of it.

Guest Hooli

attachicon.gif20180329_102031.jpg

I have been storing my little Subaru in an elderly neighbours garage since November.

Nice to see it on my drive again,but sills and arches need help this year.

(Bonus mother in law AX shot too).

I've always liked them, it's great to see one still alive.

The Tamiya model was shtie till you put a 540 or bigger motor in mind...

20180329_102031.jpg

I have been storing my little Subaru in an elderly neighbours garage since November.

Nice to see it on my drive again,but sills and arches need help this year.

(Bonus mother in law AX shot too).

That still looks proper nice! Only driven one and that had broken in two due to rot. Some twat had just sold its owner a new exhaust and that was the only thing keeping it together.

Popped to the gym earlier and saw this lovely parked in the carpark, ive seen it about local a few times presumably undertaking daily duties it looks used often condition, it's nice to see one that hasn't been pineappled with fake omg patina or has been over restored its unusable

post-4828-0-61703400-1522332706_thumb.jpgpost-4828-0-60031800-1522332738_thumb.jpg

But is it lowered and wearing Porsche wheels? Lhd and no front plate too, you sure it's not pineappled?

I'd say on the whole its a pineapple slice as opposed to a full pineapple, Mild modification is acceptable, its when folks go over the top bolting the contents of a car boot sale on the roof and making it omg ratlook thats what takes the cake