Italian verve,

Italian cool.

Toffee fudge 'n choc 'n nut,

Meent choc cheep-a

Tutti frutti whadda cutie,

Take a Gino home with you....

Gino, oh Gino Ginelli!!"

/(sad)

Perry Mason, Case of the desperate deception, they're in France........ Espace Mk1, 3 wheeler, Uno, Mini - loads of chod in the chase scene....... plus a very young Kim Thomson - what's not to like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cC0fcaQ4YsU

Edit - maybe in the Ebay moments - but not really all car related... so wasn't sure - sorry Mods.

^^^ This is one of those that ad jingles that likes to escape from long-term storage and pop itself onto a neverending mental loop at about 3am every couple of years.

I'm guessing I'm about to be stricken by another bout of it in around 14hrs time...

Remember this one?

http://youtu.be/GsXHXbDiJFc

I liked it so much I actually went out and bought the Alan Price 7-inch single.

post-23014-0-52558300-1520382147_thumb.jpeg

Was at the gym earlier and a lad I went to college with who I had a lot to do with his old man as he was a proper old school mechanic we knew (got to know his son by accident) he walked in with his dad, why did this make me grin I hear you cry, the last time I saw the lad and asked about his old man he told me he was ok physically but is battling with dementia, when I went to say hello his face lit up started laughing and smiling gave me a huge hug then pulled a couple of spanners out of his coat pocket fiddling with them as he was talking to me, his lad said do you remember him to which his reply was "How could I forget him" him and his lad didn't stop beaming

It made my day

A friend of mine is a shiter and doesn't even really know it.  He sends me photos of old trucks and stuff he's seen out and about and every now and then a picture he's found on his internet wanderings that is just too perfect.  This is the best Pontiac Trans Sport I've yet  seen.

post-5335-0-05204200-1520349709_thumb.jpg

woman comes into work and leaves her car for an mot.Her car has flat blade wipers only they look more like Robin Hood's bow than wiper blades.We don't stock that type of wiper blade so I failed the car.(got some now but doing another test meant she would have to wait)

Her husband told her the car would fail on wiper blades.She told him and just told me "you can't fail it on wipers"

woman comes into work and leaves her car for an mot.Her car has flat blade wipers only they look more like Robin Hood's bow than wiper blades.We don't stock that type of wiper blade so I failed the car.(got some now but doing another test meant she would have to wait)

Her husband told her the car would fail on wiper blades.She told him and just told me "you can't fail it on wipers"

Isnt it great dealing with level of fuckwittery on a daily basis ? 

I hope your reply was a hearty panto style "Ohhhhhh YESSS I Can!"

I used to wake each morning

Really go to town

Here and there with different smells

You'd know if I was round

But now there's new insignia

And it's all over now...

"Insignias got everything, shampoo to shower gel, deodorant and after shave, the one all over smell"

Those of a certain age will be humming that all day. You're welcome!

Went to a Naturopath earlier - basically doing a favour for a mate who had a class of students who needed a student to work on. Was kind of fun, especially the libido section where I think I came across like an early sixties Leslie Phillips. Ding Dong!

But even better than that, on the way back to Kings Cross Station, I found this rotting on a side street - a muthaflippin Mitsuoka Viewt! Bit decrepit though, prime fodder for Euston Films to mangle in the lamest Sweeney car chase ever.

"Hello, Mitsuoka-San? Yeah cool, listen dude I was wondering if you could build me a Jag mark 2 out of a Micra?"

"Sure bitch, no problem. You want the authentic Jag interior? It's the real deal my man and looks just like a real Jag!"

"Yeah bwooooooy, that sounds muthaflippin sweet, put me down for some of that olde world wood shizzle!"

"You got it homey! Ready Tuesday!"

(Because Japanese engineers and their customers have all watched "White men can't jump" a heck of a lot)

post-3538-0-48337300-1520360018_thumb.jpeg

post-3538-0-41276100-1520360029_thumb.jpeg

post-3538-0-07992200-1520360038_thumb.jpeg

A friend of mine is a shiter and doesn't even really know it. He sends me photos of old trucks and stuff he's seen out and about and every now and then a picture he's found on his internet wanderings that is just too perfect. This is the best Pontiac Trans Sport I've yet seen.

attachicon.gifphoto_2018-03-06_15-20-58.jpg

The Cadillac Escalade of minivans.

A quick, easy sale of my Avensis daily happened today. After some poor part-ex valuations at Mazda and Toyota main dealers ranging from £2400-3150 I found a local trader who said he'd give me £3400 as a straight purchase. Haven't got the time/inclination to sell it myself, just needed it gone but not so badly as to be ripped-off. Trader popped the money straight into my bank this morning and collected it promptly.

More excitingly, this means that the Camry is temporarily promoted back up to daily driver duties. I'd been using it more frequently anyway to keep the miles down on the Avensis (and avoid damage to it in last week's snow) and it's as enjoyable to drive as ever.

26717329048_a90b3f5183_c.jpg

Camry snowplough by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Whilst doing the rounds of various garages looking for my new daily I found this beauty at Brayley in Milton Keynes:

39878442474_dccbd5828c_c.jpg

1995 Mazda MX-3 V6 by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Much excitement when I saw this recently:

26717327868_7ff5fec092_c.jpg

1993 Toyota Camry 2.2 GL Auto Estate by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Had a chat with the owner, he'd only just bought it from Oxford and sounds like he's as keen on them as me (said he's owned a couple of other Camrys beforehand). I should have some bits to help him out.