What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Some hopefully a litter happier news to counter the very sad news elsewhere.

We have absolutely no idea what to call this little fellow:

IMG_20180226_200335081.jpg

Birth went almost exactly to plan, except for meaning I didn't get a chance to continue the scooby thread on Sunday. And since we're hippies, or hipsters, or something, that means a middle of the night VBAC in a pool in the bedroom.

Congratulations, May I suggest Austin as a name for the little fella, if your really stuck maybe you could get 59 people to suggest names and let the bonus ball decide, have a roffle for his name

My 2004 147 JTDm Lusso had a cup holder. Fold out job just near the Radio. Perfect height so if you braked hard your tea spilled straight into the CD loading slit and knackers the entire unit. Ask me how I know that...

Ooosh... that's nasty. And doubtless pricey!

Though, oddly enough, also contradicts the collective wisdom of the Alfa Owners' Club stand, who sneered and jeered at my lighthearted throwaway comment about the cup holders thing to inform me that no Alfa came with cup holders, because they were all real driver's cars, proper purebred etc etc.

Thinking back, I should have asked them why then, by that logic, someone had gone and shoved a bloody diesel van engine in my 156 Veloce. But I didn't.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180226_200335081.jpg

Birth went almost exactly to plan, except for meaning I didn't get a chance to continue the scooby thread on Sunday. And since we're hippies, or hipsters, or something, that means a middle of the night VBAC in a pool in the bedroom.

Congratulations and may I be the first of hundreds* to nominate the name 'Corsa'

Congratulations, May I suggest Austin as a name for the little fella, if your really stuck maybe you could get 59 people to suggest names and let the bonus ball decide, have a roffle for his name

1 Abarth

2 Adam

3 Alec

4 Andre

5 Armstrong

6 Austin

7 Barton

8 Benz

9 Bertone

10 Bongio

11 Bracq

12 Butzi

13 Carlo

14 Carol

15 Cedric

16 Charles

17 Colin

18 Dewis

19 Elford

20 Elgrand

21 Erich

22 Ferdinand

23 Foers

24 Frua

25 Gandini

26 Halicki

27 Henry

28 Hoffmeister

29 Issigonis

30 Ital

31 Karl

32 Lyons

33 Marcello

34 Maurice

35 Mcqueen

36 Mcrae

37 Michellotti

38 Mulliner

39 Norman

40 Park Ward

41 Puch

42 Rootes

43 Rorl

44 Setright

45 Shelby

46 Siddley

47 Spencer

48 Steve

49 Steyr

50 Vanden Plaas

51 Vic

52 Walter

53 Waxenberger

54 William

55 Wilkes

I'm struggling, I'm sure you can do the last four.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180226_200335081.jpg

Call him whatever you like, even Austin or Morris. Just do not call him Losertwo, he will hate being named after dad.

Congratulations to all three.

My sons called Austin. It's nice but one of those names people always get wrong. Women across the road was convinced he was called Oscar the other day. Saying people always get my name wrong too..

Anyway congratulations.

I'm sorry they make me put it in bottles

attachicon.gif20180129_100447.jpg

(I got some it's like weird thin mayonnaise)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/alabama-white-sauce/amp

Apparently it's a thing. I've never heard of it, but in general, things made in Alabama tend to stay in Alabama (and create more things in Alabama, from Alabama, but that's a whole nother thing).

Phil

Just phoning my isurance company (on the mobile) and the house phone starts ringing, I ignored it and stayed on hold. Anyway, guy picks up my call and says: 'Is that Mr Towers?'

'Yes, how do you know?'

'Because I was just ringing your home phone and there was no answer, so I assumed....'

Amazing coincidence?

so, Mazda is taxed, insured and MOTd for another year. Wonder if I'll manage more than 400 miles this year.

This was sent to you with those stamps on?

Yup, it was indeed - found in the letterbox yesterday evening, having been ordered up on Friday. A total of 77p face value in stamps, which tallies with the current 76p postage rate for a large letter weighing less than 100g - all franked and apparently accepted by Royal Mail.

I'd never really given it much thought, but since supposedly stamps fall into the category of 'legal tender' (never had the brass neck to try to use them for a bus fare or in Tesco, mind) then I'm guessing they're always worth their face value, as they're never officially withdrawn like banknotes?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bonappetit.com/recipe/alabama-white-sauce/amp

Apparently it's a thing. I've never heard of it, but in general, things made in Alabama tend to stay in Alabama (and create more things in Alabama, from Alabama, but that's a whole nother thing).

Phil

post-17414-0-50044600-1519736705_thumb.jpeg I've got something that was made in Alabama on my drive, don't think any salty white liquid was involved , so possibly not what you meant...

For reasons of no importance, today i had to move the blue 504 GL from where it had been parked since October to some other place across town. It is  freezing at -10 C today. Open door, take a seat, turn key, starts up right away, comfy and warm inside after the second traffic light. Took the long way, big grin all the way.

Picked up the stepway which is the surprise for mil fps 50th earlier, I was well chuffed they included the tax in with the price of the car, put £15 of fuel in and was insured for collection so no messing about changing insurances or taking out new policies, can't wait for the unveiling now but that's not until 1 week today, I will post pictures of how we are giving it to her, I hope she doesn't have a heart attack