What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Was the RS1700T out today?

Watched the live BGM feed of it yesterday where they had turned the boost down to "only" 350 through the rear wheels.....

No, never saw it out sadly.

If you're a fan of rally cars this is must. Still slightly on cloud 9.

Got absolutely trollied on Sat night for my work’s do/birthday. Woke up yesterday and remembered I’ve agreed to buy a Corsa with a knackered engine. That’s what weekends are made for.

Got absolutely trollied on Sat night for my work’s do/birthday. Woke up yesterday and remembered I’ve agreed to buy a Corsa with a knackered engine. That’s what weekends are made for.

I've got no excuse I was sober and agreed to buy a 1.2 2005 Corsa C, it is around 55k miles and ive looked after it for the past near 10 years so i know the car

I've spent the last 18 months rebuilding relations with my sister after 20 years of ignoring/avoiding each other. We're all the blood-relations each other has left so we've managed to agree that life's too short. We are having brother-sister "dates" in order to make some new, nice, memories. I do often feel like I'm walking on eggs a bit (and I'm very good at trampling them) but it's worth the effort.

In other news, I was late finishing work today because I had to take a delivery to Bowness, and the A592 is closed so there's a diversion. So why is this a Grin? Because I went to work in the Cadillac this morning, a Grin in itself; but also, my van was in need of an Italian tune-up, as all it does is go 5 miles at a time, meaning it never really gets up to temp. The diversion sent me all the way to Kendal and into Windermere which is beyond Bowness, and back the same way. Quite a lot of that is dual carriageway and when traffic's light, these are gorgeous roads. Not that I saw much of the scenery, as I was trying to see what speeds I could do in each gear.... within the law obviously officer!* Let's just say, my Transit has well and truly had its lungs cleared.

Excellent "crusty camper" in Windermere too, no photo as I was driving.

That crusty camper lives on the main road down to Bowness, which is probably where you saw it, the local snobs hate it.

Looking back at your car after parking up and muttering to self "I fucking love you, car"

attachicon.gifIMG_20180223_121604.jpg

How many modernz owners look back at their car ?

This is a practical and entirely sensible thing to do, and has saved me from a flat battery after leaving the lights on more than once...

I did that in my mark 1 focus at least three times because of how terrible the cup holders were. I'd put a full thermos of (thankfully) black coffee in the cupholder, set off for the three hour journey to work and at the first corner it would inevitably tip into the passenger footwell. I tried any number of improvised additions to make it more grippy but none of them worked.

I dream of cupholders.

Really. Never had 'em.

My biggest disappointment on buying the 156 was realising that no Alfa comes with cupholders. Gutted. I really thought that getting a semi-modern after years of running wrecks would open up a whole new world of pleasure, but it was a disproportionately upsetting discovery.

The second-biggest disappointment was the turbo that only seemed to spool up when floored in second gear.

The third was the rest of the car.

Mazda passed it's MOT nay bother :) Turns out the guy that did it is an old friend of mine (he didn't know it was my car before you all start going on about favouritism!) and he said how clean and rust free it is underneath. Rare he said for an old MK2 as they are usually sieves.  He did fail it first though, turns out I cannot fit a battery in the dark as well as I thought I could as I'd left the retaining bar loose... he failed it for that the miserable old bugger!

Not sure if this is a grin tough: the car has done 400 miles in a year! Oh, and I had it serviced at the same time, after 400 miles, did it really need new oil/filter etc?

I did that in my mark 1 focus at least three times because of how terrible the cup holders were. I'd put a full thermos of (thankfully) black coffee in the cupholder, set off for the three hour journey to work and at the first corner it would inevitably tip into the passenger footwell. I tried any number of improvised additions to make it more grippy but none of them worked.

Perhaps you should've just used a cup like it was designed to hold rather than a top-heavy thing that it wasn't ;-):mrgreen: :mrgreen: ?  I've always thought the mk1 Focus had excellently placed cupholders, whereas the mk2's were a liability.

Some hopefully a litter happier news to counter the very sad news elsewhere.

We have absolutely no idea what to call this little fellow:

post-4015-0-67032500-1519675943_thumb.jpg

Birth went almost exactly to plan, except for meaning I didn't get a chance to continue the scooby thread on Sunday. And since we're hippies, or hipsters, or something, that means a middle of the night VBAC in a pool in the bedroom.