What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

A dual grin today. Started off with the ebay buyer of my MR2 turning up at the agreed time,  paid up and took it away. Another parking space! Followed this up with a fresh MOT on the Saab 9-3 Sportwagen. Had this car in regular hack duties for 7 years now, a new record for me!

Got back on good terms with my brother, we fell out some time ago over something really minor. Things over the past week made us think what a bloody silly thing it was to bust up. If I've learnt anything in the past week its that times too precious commodity.

I've spent the last 18 months rebuilding relations with my sister after 20 years of ignoring/avoiding each other.  We're all the blood-relations each other has left so we've managed to agree that life's too short.  We are having brother-sister "dates" in order to make some new, nice, memories.  I do often feel like I'm walking on eggs a bit (and I'm very good at trampling them) but it's worth the effort.

In other news, I was late finishing work today because I had to take a delivery to Bowness, and the A592 is closed so there's a diversion.  So why is this a Grin?  Because I went to work in the Cadillac this morning, a Grin in itself; but also, my van was in need of an Italian tune-up, as all it does is go 5 miles at a time, meaning it never really gets up to temp.  The diversion sent me all the way to Kendal and into Windermere which is beyond Bowness, and back the same way.  Quite a lot of that is dual carriageway and when traffic's light, these are gorgeous roads.  Not that I saw much of the scenery, as I was trying to see what speeds I could do in each gear.... within the law obviously officer!*  Let's just say, my Transit has well and truly had its lungs cleared.

Excellent "crusty camper" in Windermere too, no photo as I was driving.

I have a magic car that repairs itself!

Had to go to a friends wedding all day yesterday. Took the Rangie P38. Parked up and left it all day. After dinner me and the current millstone went for an after dinner stroll. Thought we'd move the car nearer the venue. Central locking decided to take a holiday then put the key in and the magical warning "engine immobilised" appeared on the dash. Did the old 6 turns of the key left 7 right etc and fxxk all happened. As usual the venue was the the middle of nowhere. Called the men in orange and they sent some one out. I explained it's a Range Rover and is immobilised. They sent a small van. Fxxktards. Man said needs to be recovered. No shit Sherlock! Anyway it was cracking on to 11pm by now and it was colder than a polar bears arsehole so I said get us home and recover the car in the morning. The guy was really nice and it turns out he knew my family ( this means I can now hear all the family laughing at us) and he got us home. Car arrived 20 mins ago. Put the key in and the bxstard started first time!

Range Rover P38 repair themselves. Definitely would buy another!