2002 Citroen Xsara Picasso SX Aberdeenshire £275 New MOT

Saabnut

My mate has just brought my VW Polio back, so I have another spare car lying around so rather than watch it settle into the ground, I thought I would offer it on here.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago to save it from the bridge. A few little jobs and it passed its MOT last week, so comes with 12 and a half months MOT It starts first time, every time, runs well and seems to be doing something over 40mpg which I was pleasantly surprised at. I have covered about 500 miles in it and would happily drive it anywhere. Log book says it was first registered 31st December 2002, so another day and it would have been 2003 and worth much, much more! It also says it has had 4 previous owners (last one was Skegness, so that explains the lack of rust compared to up here), it is 1587cc and 8v.

Good points:

New MOT - expires February 2019

Get you home tax (until the end of the month)

Low mileage - 130k just clocked up but it appears to have had a replacement engine

Tow bar fitted

Everything seems to work including the radio, but not tried the CD player

Solid underneath and still has the original brake pipes

Looks presentable (when clean!)

Bad points:

Minor advisories on MOT

Drone from a bearing somewhere, I think it might be the driveshaft support bearing but nothing could be found on MOT

Shopping trolley missing from the boot

A few dents and scratches.

Drivers seat not very comfortable

Overall, a cheap runaround, with a tow bar and twin electrics (not tested). It has the advantage that the rear seats lift out to make a van that can get into your local tip! Priced at a bargain 275 quid for a shiter (this is what it owes me plus 27 quid profit for my trouble) so non negotiable. It will be another hundred quid if I have to resort to Gumtree. However, I am daft so will consider a part exchange or swap if someone fancies a change. Will consider anything in p/ex, it does not have to be a car, surprise me! If the temperature rises I will give it a wash and post better photos, but it is a sub 300 quid car with more than a years MOT. WCPGW?

Collection from the North East of Scotland (about 25 miles south of Aberdeen) or will deliver for cost of petrol plus a train ticket home.

post-5203-0-89445100-1516644585_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-87356400-1516644619_thumb.jpg

post-5203-0-22082000-1516644663_thumb.jpg

My wife has an 05 1.6 8v.

It's ok.

Its as thirsty as my 3.0 though and is the second 1.6 8v Picasso we have had that whines its tits off. I'm yet to figure out which pulley is knackered.

Great cars though, plenty of rooms for kids and things! Cheap to run. But like I say the 8v can be thirsty. I think the engine is just too under powered for the body, not really a long distance car as its stressed at anything above 60.

£275 is a bargain!

GLWTS

I had a 52 plate 1.6 8v for ages and didn’t find it particularly thirsty, depends on driving style I suppose

Well, its round town driving mainly and on long runs its quite a stressed little thing quite loud too. And, like I say this is whining its bollocks off - Could be PAS, A/C, Alternator or tensioner. Not sure yet as havent had a good look.  

Its not too bad on fuel, but not as good as you'd expect with it being a heavy car and a little engine. I believe these engines are straight out of the 205? Cheap as chips to get parts for! 

Accelerator peddle seems very sensitive on this one too compared to the last 16 8v we had. 

I cannot believe how little interest there has been on this (apart from a couple who live so far south it is not economically viable to collect). I know they are shite, but it is cheap shite! Less than 300 quid for a car with nearly 13 months MOT, no major faults and a working radio :-). Scrap value will be over a ton so a potential years motoring for 150 quid.

Oh well, I will leave it on here until the end of the week then it will go on gumtree and faceache for more money, but I had hoped not to have to deal with that lot.

I think its probably a case of people who require such a large car are limited in numbers on here or they may choose an alternative such as a V70, R75 Tourer and so on.

Some elderly French cars have strangely missed the shite scene. For example, there's little interest in Mk1 Meganes yet people fall over themselves for a 306.

Weird!