LATIN MONEYPIT Thema dreamer

HMC

How long are foreign cars allowed to be here without registering? There's a fairly new Mazda 3 near me that has worn Bulgarian plates for the last 2-3 years.

There are plenty of UK registered cars here in BG that are running around with no mot/insurance

They have the equivalent of tax as all you need to buy it is the reg number

1 car we looked at last May the mot had expired in 2013,seller (British) wasn't bothered on the slightest

You can be sure there are more UK registered cars running around with no insurance/tax ect

Any way

HMC

Have you picked up the Lancia yet?

I drove a VW camper  for a year  that I'd imported from Germany  with export plates on it ....

I'm guessing that made me a 'proper' European ....?

'

Some of the locals in that there Lundin confirmed my bone fide European status by shouting 'fucking kraut' at me on more than one occasion while driving  said vehicle.... True story not Jackanory!

I haven't picked up the thema yet.....

That thema is on the Isle of Wight which seems to be making people reluctant to bid for the transport on shiply.

The correct answer is to get the shipley quotes from the terminal in Shitehampton and just drive the thing** to the ferry as there is no law enforcement* on the IoW due to the last dibble being eaten or possibly subject to a Wicker Man funeral pyre*.

**Does it drive?

The correct answer is to get the shipley quotes from the terminal in Shitehampton and just drive the thing** to the ferry as there is no law enforcement* on the IoW due to the last dibble being eaten or possibly subject to a Wicker Man funeral pyre*.

**Does it drive?

PLEASE BE AWARE THIS CAR IS LOCATED IN THE ISLE OF WIGHT WILL NEED COLLECTING BY RECOVERY WITH WINCH, I CAN GET A PRICE FOR COMPETITIVE NATIONAL DELIVERY PLEASE SEND POST CODE. CAR WOULD NEED TO BE PULLED OFF WITH SOMETHING YOUR END AS REAR WHEEL LOCKED ON/TYRES FLAT.

I'm sure he wouldn't mind if a buyer turned up with a hammer, a footpump, a jump pack, £5 of V-power and an AA card for a collection mission...

There's also the issue of breaking the law in the country you import from. I'm looking at bringing something back from here to the UK, so, if I am going to play by the rules, I have to get it on temporary Swedish export plates which have a one month expiry.

Now tell me, please, how long can I hoon around in Sweden on those bleeding plates?

How long are foreign cars allowed to be here without registering? There's a fairly new Mazda 3 near me that has worn Bulgarian plates for the last 2-3 years.

I worked with an English guy in Derby at Rolls whose wife was a German, and who had originally come over on a 6 moth secondment from Berlin, where they build small jet engines in the old bmw aerospace plant, and she (and he) have travelled back to \Berlin to see her parents every year in said german registered mx5 mk2 every year for about 5 years. Whilst there the car was subject to a TUV test.

I can't imagine that it wouldn't be less hassle to get it registered in the UK and fly on easy jet to see her parents. I did offer to buy it but my offer was so low he wouldn't talk to me for a week.

AN italian origined friend in Watford had one of these and it was glorious 'when it worked' - he refused to accept italian cars were not the best on the planet and persevered beyond the point of nervous breakdown.........

It was fantastic place to sit and be - a throb inducing exhaust note on song and I loved every inch of it's doily like metal - you could've stripped it down for parts with a decent jet-wash it was so rotten. Spent 5yrs on his folks garden before he finally admitted defeat and weighed it in.

GIB - 5 tickets for me when it's ready ;-)