LATIN MONEYPIT Thema dreamer

HMC

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That was the green one which went down to Basildon. I test drove it when I was looking for one but it just didn't feel right so left it. I eventually bought mine from London in 1999 and still have it.

You're right, it isn't any faster than the turbo but is an entirely different drive with more midrange & better soundtrack. The spoiler is manually operated from a switch on the wiper stalk by the way. 

And no, I wouldn't touch that one with yours!

Here's a picture of mine.

attachicon.gif8.32 interior.JPG

attachicon.gif8.32.JPG

Just found a couple of pictures from many years ago when we were at a wedding in Basildon. The green one was the one from Scotlandwell garage mentioned earlier in the thread, the Series 1 was owned by a lad Gus McKie and mine is the middle one.post-18002-0-80238200-1520011407_thumb.jpgpost-18002-0-79156700-1520011422_thumb.jpg

Did Ferrari stick it's name or officially put it's engine in anything else? I know that new Alfa has a version of the Ferrari California engine with 2 Cylinders lopped off and Maserati have some Ferrari derivatives but did they do any other "Ferrari Inside" type licensing?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_MC12

Maserati_MC12_%288675041842%29_%28croppe

The Maser MC12 is essentially a Ferrari Enzo.

Neither is this:

4431311348_dae093b0c1_b.jpg

Years ago, there were two or three 250GTE body shells for sale at one of the BCA classic auctions. They'd been bought by some heathen that should be burnt at the stake because they'd been stripped and the running gear use to build another bloody GTO replica.

So; a 250GTE shell - Jag IRS, maybe the front susp as well. Big block Chrysler and a Torqueflite or a 472 Cadillac? Ford 390 from a Galaxie 500? Either way, woofling big Yank V8 and auto, black paint (gloss, please) and flames up the side, sidewinders, Mickey Thompsons and a bit of line-lock action at the Ferrari concours. How upset would they be on a scale of 1/10?