LATIN MONEYPIT Thema dreamer

HMC

tul66, on 22 Jan 2018 - 7:23 PM, said:

It is a little but the 8.32 is a far better car. I had a 430 4v for around 6 years but whilst it never actually broke down, it always felt like a £48000 car with a £47500 engine. The rest was a pile of shit.

attachicon.gif000_0015.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0374.JPG

This is what happened to it.

attachicon.gifmess2.jpg

You absolute bastard.

That's the same interior I've got in my 222 and it's a bloody nice place to be. And you've reminded me of it, you git!

I really need to finish restoring the bugger... lol.

You absolute bastard.

That's the same interior I've got in my 222 and it's a bloody nice place to be. And you've reminded me of it, you git!

I really need to finish restoring the bugger... lol.

I came very close to visiting you a few weeks ago about this. I had what can only be described as a moment of clarity though and decided to not buy any more cars until the rest of mine are sorted.

0307974333004.jpg?14f8fcf07ed1e054e61a39

Lancia theme Pininfarina 16 V, sports suspension, aluminum 17 inches.
Body: good condition.
Car was stationary in the hall for about 10 years.
Before the engine is started you should do a lot of technical things like replacing the timing belt, etc.
Details will be discussed by phone.

Where is Gabrielle now eh?

I have no idea where she is now.

Brockley (South London), bringing-up her now 22 year-old son.  She became OCD and reclusive due to agrophobia, triggered by the shock of the boy's father committing murder.  Was last seen headlining Birmingham Pride in May, previously opening for Michael Bolton on tour.  Currently recording her sixth studio album and will be playing at Heaven as part of GAY-25 in March.  She'll be 48 in April.  She has never owned a Lancia or any sort, besides that she goes by her first name Louise.

I like the Thema its just a shame you see so few of them, the only one I used to see regularly was owned by a serial Lancia bothered neat me. I'd like to see the basic one though, probably extinct outside Italy.

Not true, I use this as my everyday car.

post-18002-0-16491900-1516742964_thumb.png

Brockley (South London), bringing-up her now 22 year-old son. She became OCD and reclusive due to agrophobia, triggered by the shock of the boy's father committing murder. Was last seen headlining Birmingham Pride in May, previously opening for Michael Bolton on tour. Currently recording her sixth studio album and will be playing at Heaven as part of GAY-25 in March. She'll be 48 in April. She has never owned a Lancia or any sort, besides that she goes by her first name Louise.

The murder was in all the papers at the time, a Cypriot fella that killed his step father with a bowie knife in a Nissan turbo IIRC. Were talking 20 years ago this all happened. Owned the chip shop 'The Lazy Codling' on Eccelesfield Rd.

Wonder what the chances of creating a 'neverwas' Marea 8.32 are? Maybe use a newer Ferrari engine of the same ilk. Enough usable Mareas about, and if you're getting into breaking Ferraris territory, it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg (and a kidney), so you might as well go for it. Engine out of a 348. So when you meet St Peter at the pearly gates, upside down and on fire, you've got a story to tell.

Wonder what the chances of creating a 'neverwas' Marea 8.32 are? Maybe use a newer Ferrari engine of the same ilk. Enough usable Mareas about, and if you're getting into breaking Ferraris territory, it's gonna cost you an arm and a leg (and a kidney), so you might as well go for it. Engine out of a 348. So when you meet St Peter at the pearly gates, upside down and on fire, you've got a story to tell.

I think lack of engine bay height could be an issue on the Marea/Bravo/Brava`s.. Worth a measure though

I think lack of engine bay height could be an issue on the Marea/Bravo/Brava`s.. Worth a measure though

This is it. Dimensions like the gearbox/driveshaft centre line, that you can't do much about, would define the chances of success.

What gearbox did the original 8.32 use anyway? I keep thinking it was a dogleg first ZF, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same box as the turbo.

What gearbox did the original 8.32 use anyway? I keep thinking it was a dogleg first ZF, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same box as the turbo.

6194870.jpg

[motorsportmagazine.com 1987]

The five-speed gearbox, delightful to use, comes from the Fiat range, though with a greater use of nickel alloys, a roller bearing replacing the ball bearing at the front, and with uprated synchronisers with molybdenum inserts.

Did Ferrari stick it's name or officially put it's engine in anything else? I know that new Alfa has a version of the Ferrari California engine with 2 Cylinders lopped off and Maserati have some Ferrari derivatives but did they do any other "Ferrari Inside" type licensing?

Did Ferrari stick it's name or officially put it's engine in anything else? I know that new Alfa has a version of the Ferrari California engine with 2 Cylinders lopped off and Maserati have some Ferrari derivatives but did they do any other "Ferrari Inside" type licensing?

ASA 1000.

The Dino was effectively a sub-brand, they'd never sold owt with fewer than 8 cylinders before.