Anglia Car Auctions Sat 27th January

somewhatfoolish

This is clashing with the shite mecca that is Cannock and the roffle of doom, but are there any shiters likely to attend or go along for a nosy? A few of the entries are making my bidding finger twitch and I'm tempted to travel for a closer look.

27th january

Will be swamped with White Room Wazzocks, prices here seem to be going daft. 

Naturally, as eni fule no people will automatically pay eleventy % more if you photograph stuff in front of a white surface, especially if the pictures are overexposed and hide the wob and tidemarks.

That Bob Empson lot is a field of dreams, though!

That Dolly is on the want list for sure.

The silver W123 estate is a flipper; I'm fairly sure it was about 4 bags on a sales site a couple of months ago.

The Pug 504 cabriolet in RHD is a rare occurrence and will make that sort of money if it's really solid, more if it's the V6.

M100 Elan is sensible, Alpine must be fucked with that reserve....what do I know! Estimates seem all over the park to me. I think it's the fact that there's a mix of genuine sellers who want rid of and kite flyers; same as the toxic housingmarket we have.

Next to that Volvo Amazon I'd suggest the VW bay combi is a good reserve price; they seem to have become hard to offload recently, I've clocked a few good examples at prices that would have been unthinkable a couple of years ago.

May be a generational thing, as the fraudulent hippy boomers die off or become too arthritic to do the dub scene the prices tail off, meanwhile the 30 somethings push the prices of Golf GTIs and Corrados up.

The silver W123 estate is a flipper; I'm fairly sure it was about 4 bags on a sales site a couple of months ago.

The Pug 504 cabriolet in RHD is a rare occurrence and will make that sort of money if it's really solid, more if it's the V6.

M100 Elan is sensible, Alpine must be fucked with that reserve....what do I know! Estimates seem all over the park to me. I think it's the fact that there's a mix of genuine sellers who want rid of and kite flyers; same as the toxic housingmarket we have.

The no reserve w124 estate could be a good buy though. Nice colour and it looks ok.

Glad we're on the same page about that. I've been fantasising about changing gear in a 144 for a few weeks now. In my limited research it seems some later 140 series cars have a more conventionally placed, stubby lever. These are known as 'shit ones'.

Just imagine the sort of satisfying mechanical 'thunk' it makes! I'm gonna have to lie down

Glad we're on the same page about that. I've been fantasising about changing gear in a 144 for a few weeks now. In my limited research it seems some later 140 series cars have a more conventionally placed, stubby lever. These are known as 'shit ones'.

Just imagine the sort of satisfying mechanical 'thunk' it makes! I'm gonna have to lie down

Amen to this

Oh dear. This is the day after pay day again. The last time that happened I ended up with a DAF.

And amen to this