Cannock Cadillac Auction - 21st April - Meet Huggy Bear & Mr Ramrod!

320touring

Want to be part of the most exciting* and dangerous event of 2018?

Come along to the Cannock Auctions meet on Sat 27th Jan 2018!

We'll be making some lucky shiter the owner of a fabulous piece of our motoring history**** (http://autoshite.com/topic/30745-january-cannock-calamity-roffle-tickets-now-available/)

Entrance to the Auctions is free (http://www.cannockmotorauctions.co.uk/)

Itinerary as follows:

Friday 26th Jan  - usually the far traveled shiters are hosted by The Midlands Massiv for Scranningtons at a local venue (usually about a 7pm eating time.)

Current suggested venue is the Greyhound pub in Litchfield - where Mr Tamworthbay will be in the band!

I usually book a room at the Premier Inn next to the auctions.

Sat 27th Jan 9.30-10amish - Meet for a greasy spoon brekkie at the Trucker's Rest (http://www.truckersrest.co.uk/). From there we make the 2 min drive to the Auctions.

Sat 27th Jan 10.45ish until the misery ends - Cannock Motor Auctions does their best to wholly ignore the Autoshite Cohort in the Corner of Calamity.

Its at this fine venue, the purchase from the Cannock Calamity Raffle will be made!

Thereafter it usually descends into either a visit to a local obscure museum or consumption of lunch, or both.

get yer names doon!

1. 320Touring

2. chaseracer

3.wack

4. clayts450

5. bub2006

6. Skizzer, probably 

Had to cry off at 11th hour last time, so determined to meet up for Saturday breakfast this time. Will you talk to me if I rock up in the PTSD Cruiser, if I promise to give you all a go at 'park the aircraft carrier' ?

Ladies, gentlemen and Pillock: not only do we have bacon sarnies and the thrills* of the auction on Saturday morning, we also have a suggestion for Friday evening which may interest those of you who are either local or staying over.

Tamworthbay's band are playing at the Greyhound in Lichfield that evening; it's pretty central and the (very good, apparently) Indian next door will deliver to the pub.  Best to be in before 7pm, Clive says.  Lichfield is about 10 miles from Cannock and the Blingo is happy to be a taxi for up to four shiters.

Other entertainment options, as always, are available - but it would be good to support one of our own!

post-19712-0-90467000-1516054020.png

I can confirm that the Indian takeaway is excellent, they are attached to the pub by a door where you can order and where the delivery man will come out at comic timings and cause one of us (hopefully not me this time)to have to lift up the neck of the guitar to let him past, it really is that small. Proper old school pub that does a decent pint at a good price and always has a couple of good ales on. Get in early and grab a table then just knock on the door for a menu. We are expecting a reasonable turnout and the place is tiny so won’t be great to eat in later on I don’t think.

Be warned a mad woman with a border terrier and bobble hat prowls the Greyhound seeking the unwary to buy her glasses of red wine with an ice cube (I shit you not) and take you home to her lair, she tried to pull the father in law last time. Funny to watch, less funny be on the end of.