Spring sale. Anyone for an Allegro?

D Spares & Tyres

Well its in its new parking spot with some good companypost-19511-0-64732300-1516040773_thumb.jpg

The door shuts are what I assume to be champagne beige. Not its original colour, it started life in red then some hero painted it beige then someone ( possibly a child ) painted in this fine hue.post-19511-0-09590600-1516040937_thumb.jpg

Here is a close up of her stretch markspost-19511-0-52587600-1516041024_thumb.jpg

Poor sad face, don't worry princess your future is assuredpost-19511-0-13621100-1516041127_thumb.jpg

It’s not it’s Plas, forget who told me now, or if I saw it on TV but some “experts” were discussing and reconed it was pronounced “Plas”. Might’ve been the antiquies road show, actually.

Tbh I’ve always pronounced it “Plah”

We have this discussion about Dutch etymology every time someone buys one of these.

But it's standard Allegro chat. A bit like me pronouncing Equipe "wrong" at the NEC Classic Car show last year to my father-in-law. Out of nowhere a chap sprung up, tapped on my shoulder, told me I said it wrong and how to say it. Then buggered off.

Only on the Allegro stand could that happen...

It doesn't matter how Vanden Plas is pronounced correctly. What matters is that it has plah instead of map pockets.

Which year did Plah become NLA? Not many people know that the three kings actually brought FOUR gifts to the baby Jesus: gold, frankincense, myrrh and plah. They saved the most precious until the end.

negative they were always that way round- bizzarely the left one reaches almost all the way over to the screen bottom

Sign of the times. Many 1970s cars put the blades at the bottom of the screen in front of the driver. See Hillman Hunter, BMC 1300 and Allegro - and Mini until the change in wiper design with the Clubman. They swapped them over for LHD.

Australia was having none of this nonsense, which is why Volkswagen Type 2s had 'RHD' arms, and the down-under Triumph 2000 had Stag wipers.

Yet, the Citroen Dyane had RHD whichever side the driver sat, though the GS/GSA had LHD wipers whichever side the driver sat. Most odd.

This has baffled me since I was about two. I've had a lot of time to think about it.