Oh dear. *Carcraft alert*

Cavcraft

7k over 4 years, its not as bad as everyones making out, im paying almost double what its worth, OVER 48 MONTHS!

It's not as bad as everyone's making out.He's also paying £2,400 a year to insure it.
I have now leafed thru the thread in question and what is most amusing to me is the fact that - despite pages of vitriol and dozens of sheep telling 'im to "take it back" - the kid only later twigged that his insurance is ON TOP OF THE FINANCE PAYMENTS and an "affordable" monthly sum is effectively doubled before he actually dribbles any unleaded into its plastic French tank. What a dick :lol:All the same, as Pog sez, heard it all before. I wonder how long it will be before said muppet feels the need to "upgrade" and go crawling back to Carshaft, or whether he'll sit it out until the shitbox Clio's ECU starts acting up, I'm sure in twelve months' time they will be more than delighted to extend his repayments for a further two years at an extra hundred a month so as he can get behind the wheel of a 56-plate C2.

Here's some other cars he could have leased for the same/less money:Subaru Legacy 2.0RMitsubishi Lancer 1.8Honda Accord 2.2ESCadillac BLS 1.9TDVolvo V70 2.0D SESaab 93 1.8T Sport CabrioLexus IS220D SEVauxhall Insignia 2.0DDodge Avenger 2.0i SEBad luck eh!

There used to be a place called Essex Trade Centre in Witham, Essex, What a right shower of shit of a place.We went there one day to just check it out after seeing there advert on the box every hour or so, They had hundreds of cars there but most them them were really shit with flat tyres, Missing radios, Cracked windscreens and really bad body repairs, Seem to remember most of them coming from up north according to the lease addresses on the number plates.We got jumped on by a some cockney loud mouthed gobshite that started telling us how we could have any car we wanted and that they would do us a great deal whilst taking the piss out of me and the other customers thinking that i'd like him more for it, I walked out.Only lasted about a year before they went bust.

Carcraft is ACE, I'm a big fan....You turn up, let the sales person do all their spiel and nod accordingly, hint at possible finance (this makes them even more helpful) test drive loads of different cars then fuck off and buy the one you like the most somewhere else.Saves wasting petrol trawling round all the dearlships and forecourts....plus you can blag a couple of brews out of them.

I spoke to my Ford dealer mate today about this. If he was 18, he could have dropped into the dealership, put a grand down on one of the very last old model Kas (very few left now) and been paying about £150 a month over 3 years, interest about 5%. And at the end of the 3 years, he'd own a car still worth £3500 against a new price of £5995. That's a cheap 3 years motoring. What a twat. :roll:

That's a cheap 3 years motoring.:

Three years in a KA :shock: You would get less for murder :lol:Still not sure the Carcraft story is true :?

Nowt wrong with Kas. I did a lot of trouble free miles in two of them. :D An awful lot of ex Scumcraft cars end up going through the auctions. Scratters sign up for them, make about 2 payments and then drive the thing around gratis for the next 10 months. They end up being repo'd eventually but it probably takes the bailiffs a while to find them.I went to Scumcraft a few times albeit not to get bum raped on a clocked Astra. They had a neat trick; a very shiny well specced new shape (well, in 1998) 318iS saloon parked against the fence but still in a prominent position. On the front seat was a 'Sold, Mrs Cretis £165pm' handwritten note that was still there 2 weeks later. :lol: The idea was that the morons curiosity would get the better of them, absorb the £165 a month and sign up. flies/shit or candy/baby - choose your own analogy.I used to go once a week to bid on the part exchange shitters and even bought a couple. It all gets fired straight into a regular auction now.

Nowt wrong with Kas.

- agreed. I like them especially since everyone who thinks they 'know' cars hates them - just ask them why they're allegedly shit. This is insaneia. Surely a stitch up? I've never paid more than £700 for a car and never topped £500 insurance when I was 18. But then again me doesn't live in mad Bradford..Bonkers to the power of wacko. This is one idiot stupid enough to tell everyone about it - I shudder to think how many twunts do this all the time..Incidently, I'm not sure we have Car Craft up here. We certainly have 'Car Supermarkets' that tbh, look much the same sort of chod however, looking at an ex mobility Escrote 3 door for a mate years ago at one, the shiter in question was actually quite presentable and would tempt anyone with a scruffy old '87 Orion Diesel or somesuch.Sign of the times?

Another personal gripe is people who kid themselves into thinking that new cars are somehow invulnerable when it comes to mechanical problems, as if somehow age alone is the sole definition of reliability.

-agreed muchly. I actually have a collection of photos on Photobucket of (mostly) big, NEW, expensive German stuff broken down. I try not to be delighted at it but every time it's just a joy to behold. Possibly due to the amount of redneck expense worshipers who go on about how shit Citroens and other great stuff are with no actual proof or reason other than plain old prejudice etc. Much love

Nowt wrong with Kas. I did a lot of trouble free miles in two of them. :D

Indeed, I recommend them to anyone looking for a cheap small car. The bad ones rust, they all sound tappety, but they do keep going and going in a Mini sort of way. Given that most of the technology is from the same era, it's not surprising ;)

An awful lot of ex Scumcraft cars end up going through the auctions. Scratters sign up for them, make about 2 payments and then drive the thing around gratis for the next 10 months. They end up being repo'd eventually but it probably takes the bailiffs a while to find them.

Very true. In fact it happens entirely on purpose, and Carcraft and their ilk don't do a great deal to stop it.Financial regulations state you mustn't provide credit unless you believe the customer has the means to afford it. That however is entirely personal opinion. So Mr and Mrs Scumbag show up with some iffy-looking bank statements and get some £200/month/5 year credit on a wheezy ex-Hertz Vectra. They'll pay it for a bit, say three months. Enough to get a new council house so Carcraft don't have their address. Thing is, Carcraft don't care - they'll sell the debt once it defaults to a recovery firm for typically 33% of the amount owed. So the Scumbag family who owe £12k or so get a free car for a few months whilst the debt collectors track them down, Carcraft get paid about £4k for the debt which more than covers what they paid for the car, and the debt collectors eventually get a car to sell at auction and will half-heartedly chase the Scumbags for the remainder through the courts.

flies/shit or candy/baby - choose your own analogy.

Like taking shitty candy from a fly-covered baby?

I've never really been a big Ford fan but I do have a soft spot for the old KA, I've driven quite a few of them and they are a blast to drive in much the same way an old Mini is, you can really throw a KA round the corners, I'd have one.

There are going to be an awful lot of cheap rusty MOT failures around before long. Mechanically they are unbreakable but if you can weld, a £100 Ka and a couple of Hadrian cover sills = cheap fun motoring.I think they will be one of the few 90's/2000's cars that will be classic in 20 years time. And they'll be so cheap and easy to restore!

It always astounds me how much people will pay for image. £500-£1000 will buy you nearly anything, from city cars to MPV's to executive saloons (even a 7 series, just make sure you hoover out/snort the leftover cocaine). The only trade off (if you buy wisely) is age and cosmetics, but that seems to be enough to put off most people.

couldn't have put it better myself.Just what is it with people and image, I'm pretty sure that why that lad went for the deal he got...he thought "I must have a newer car to impress everyone so they think I'm doing well and to hell with the cost"Only last night a friend logged on to XBOX live and was totally miserable because his neighbour turned up in a newer car than his.