Oh dear. *Carcraft alert*

Cavcraft

Ha ha ha ha - I did some stupid things with cash when I was younger but that beggars belief.A mate of mine narrowly avoided seeing a friend of his paying £5200 for an 04 Micra which I thought was mental.

Dear god, what a fuggin flange.Couldnt be arsed to read any more after 1.5 pages, but if theres any justice he will be being pursued by Carcraft-sponsored bailiffs when he's living in sheltered accomodation at 50 years old."At last i'm on the credit ladder" LOL!!!!!To be fair its encouraging to see that for every spotty halfwit that buys a car from Carcraft, theres at least 500 folk who find such a (seemingly unremarkable) move worthy of a right royal piss-taking and vigourous flaming. That means 99.8% of folk are obviously aware of what a bunch of fuggin criminals CC actually are, and its only the stupid ones that get tigerbummed on finance. Its natural selection at work!

The interest is high, but it obviously would be, but this will last 2-3 years im thinking, then ill peobably do a part ex for a newer car

And so begins the never ending cycle of never actually owning your own car. My car might have its engine spread across the garage floor, but at least I don't owe any money on it :lol:

But shame on ShiteCraft for taking advantage of someone who clearly doesn't know any better. What a total bunch of cnuts.

Are you joking? He's Carcraft's target audience!Employed, works long hours so he's unlikely to be out of work for long if he does run into trouble.Just wants a shiny car, regardless of make/model/colour/engine.Has NO IDEA of how much a car is worth or how much finance works out to be.If you ever go into CarCraft or a similar place and show a bit of noodle about what you're buying, they instantly go off you. You're not target, you're more likely to hand it back before full repayment and quote laws they'd rather you didn't know about.My delightful ex-wife got a car from Welcome Car Finance, which is a similar kind of ex-fleet overpriced tat seller. She got a 1997 Mondeo in 2000, so three years old, with a total repayable of £8500 over four years. She actually then refinanced it to get the payments lower and is still paying it off. The duration is bad enough, but I actually sold the car for scrap on eBay when the clutch went 18 months ago and I got £102 ;)

Christ, my insides shrivelled when I realised he'd be paying 170 quid for the next 60 months. That's a lot of money each month, no matter how much you earn. And I wouldn't even pay 170 full stop for that thing.Why do people do this? Does he think people will think he's well off or something?

i had a 96 fiat punto that was dying before i got this so to me this is like brand new!

That cost what? I feel like my dad, why are people so frigging stupid?

i had a 96 fiat punto that was dying before i got this so to me this is like brand new!

Blimey, theres me thinking of the 96 Punto as the new car. :lol:

But shame on ShiteCraft for taking advantage of someone who clearly doesn't know any better. What a total bunch of cnuts.

That's their entire business model, unfortunately thick people have an assumption that a big company would never seek out to rip them off. See also: Kwik Fit.There's a good one Vicsmith told me about someone being bummed on a used Cityrover - something along the lines of the book price being a couple of grand (due to their incredible depreciation), but them paying in total more than it would have cost new.

I don't know whether to feel sorry for the stupid little turd or laugh at his misfortune! That is an unbelievable amount to pay for that sort of automotive crud. Madness.

I had a good old chuckle at him, what a complete tit. I have no sympathy for him at all. He's well aware he's paying through the nose for the car, but could not be arsed to save any money at all towards it and just wanted a shiny car to show off with NOW NOW NOW, whilst deliberately putting his head in the sand about the cost. When someone is that much of a daft twat I dont see how car-craft can really be given their usual title of thieving slags.

Are you joking? He's Carcraft's target audience!
I know. I hate companies that prey on those people who are shall we say stupid and or desperate. Thanks to my ex, I am still paying off a 20k debt and as a result, won't be able to get credit for at least another 5 years. Thing is, I no longer care. Everything I now have is mine. All my cars are my own, paid for in full and owe me little should I decide to push them on to pastures new. My credit cards are no more, so I use a pre-paid card topped up monthly via my bank account which suits me fine.I was offered a 'great' deal on a newer car a while back, working it out I would have been paying around £6.5k for a 51 plate Focus. Not a decent spec one either. This dealer made it out like they were doing me a really big favour, those with little willpower would clearly find it hard to say no.He also tried to make me believe that it was impossible to buy a decent motor for under a grand so scary finance was really my only option. I noticed that 4 months on, the Focus is still there!

£4500 for a City Rover? Where do I sign!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

I forgot when I snapped this, last year I think. My mate wanted somebody to look at a car... never mentioned it was here! Showed him the error of his ways, also overheard a salesman saying "That might be to much a month, but what if your old car broke down in the fast lane on the way home with the kids in..." as Mr_B said - natural selection at its optimum :lol:

You can't switch on the radio or the tv or drive down the street without being bombarded with 2GRAND OFF YA OLD BANGER advertisements, yet somehow he managed to miss every single last one of them.Words fail me. He could be driving a new Clio Campus or something equally bland for bugger all. People like him should not be trusted with money, or breathing by themselves.

Billy, HOW MANY forums do you frequent???HoweverOMFG- £9 - 10K for a 4 year old Clio. :lol: And heres me struggling to justify £900 on a 8 year old Jimny.....

M, that was linked to me on another forum I use. I only read a couple of pages of it and I think the lad in question has now had an EPIC DUMMY SPITTING MOMENT and blended to a Renault forum. Probably hoping some wheezy little bodykit loving spaccers will praise his wonderful new car.CC, just like KwikFit-up (as someone else) mentioned are complete twats for their sales techniques and warning of impending doom in your 14 year old shitemobile, but they can only get money if dickheads believe their spiel and are too thick/lazy to actually do their homework first.Slightly along those lines I recently scored a srsly cheap (and tidy) Punto with the slightest of all slight clutch release bearing type noises. Female owner takes it to clutch repair centre who tell her (and I quote): 'I wouldn't drive that with your kids in the car, the bearing will give way, rip a hole in the gearbox and flip the car over'. She shits herself, drives car back and won't touch it again. I told her, her boyfriend and her dad that it was all bollocks and the car was worth good money but they said if I didn't have it they would scrap it. A couple of thousand miles later it's still running fine with no problems.

My stepsons current girlfriend bought a 04 reg 206 "S" from carcrapt about two years ago, about 2 months after wifey got her 55 reg "Verve" from a Pug dealer.Wifey paid £5999 or thereabouts for a 14 month old car with 16k on, one owner,(Peugeot) and history, mats, full tank of juice etc. £130(ish)pm.Girlfriend paid £6795, 2 owners, 34k, £199pm still owes about 4 grand on it apparently.....wassitwurf? £2500? All because she was suffering from the "I want it now" syndrome, and the saleman saw she had 2 small kids, and did the "old cars are dangerous" routine, which she then used on the boy to get him to guarantee the loan.....

I skimmed up to about page 10 on that thread and it sounds like he comes from a bit of a broken home and can't get "normal" credit because his dad tried unsuccessfully to get credit in his name on several occasions. So, unfortunate background, though its difficult to know for sure quite how hard he may have tried other sources of finance since he obviously couldn't be bothered to search hard for insurance either.But, he is continuing the family cycle by being drawn in to such a deal and is stupid for not realising the situation he is heading for with his attitude to money and unwillingness to seek/heed advice.

Covers the depreciation between you buying the car and crashing it a couple of months later.

So if you paid £10k for a car that's worth £6k the normal insurance will cover the market value and the gap insurance will cover the extra £4k?