Autoshite quote of the Year 2018

chaseracer

Autoshites minor spats often cause humour,  Conalrad starts it nicely with

Of course there's a little forum drama now and then, but that's forums. You could start a crocheting forum with only two old ladies on it and within a month they'd be on each other's ignore lists.

And Datsuncog replies fantastically with

"Could"?

Mrs DC sometimes shows me the shit that goes down on the Ravelry forum. That's knitting, crochet and other yarncrafts.

Fuck me, dem yarn hoares is fierce.

I'm told they have a group called "Rubberneckers" whose sole purpose is gleefully reposting the various spats, strops, threats, hysterical breakdowns and faked-deaths (no, really) over the head of something as apparently genteel as yarncraft.

They probably say things like, " Hey shithead, if you can't hack it on the lacework boards, go take your whiny bitch ass over to an old car forum where no-one ever gets their face stabbed with a set of super-sharp DPNs."

I reckon you're being extremely optimistic in thinking they could go a whole month before someone threatens to pop a cap in someone else's ass.

Even when things aren't going so well, this place is still like a teddy bears' picnic in comparison. I'm serious.

http://autoshite.com/topic/31388-ex-junkman-ex-meshking-p38-back-up-for-grabs/page-3

Sorry if it brings back any traumatic memories of Davegate but this made me properly ROFL

Thinking about it, I reckon DaveNotDave had grand* aspirations of being an inept, low-rent, tubby Zuckerberg. Maybe, if things had been different, this forum could have taken over an area the size of Skegness. Imagine the possibilities.

Mercrockers on Squire Dawsons desire to 'av a go in a Beetle

Remove 1 x Morris Minor plug lead. 

Put on a really, really loose steering wheel cover, making sure you grease the Morris wheel first. 

Introduce 4 suitably-sized sockets or similar metal items into the silencer via the tailpipe.  

Every time  you buy a spare part put the same amount of money that it cost into an envelope and set fire to it.   

Arrange the headlamp switch so that it cannot progress beyond the first-click sidelight position.   

That should just about cover it.....