Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Autoshite quote of the Year 2018

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AMC Rebel

AMC Rebel

• Full Members
  • 2,381 posts
  • 7 thanks

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:36 AM

Yoss on the netflix thread - strictly speaking still in 2017 but we need a 2018 quotes thread

I learnt all my history from Iron Maiden and Asterix). You only realise at the end of the book then when you read it again you see more and more references.

I don't think that's a spoiler alert if you're thinking of reading it. I recommend starting with Iron Maiden.

1994 Range Rover Classic "The Crying Pumpkin" cried off, rusty

2003 Jaaaag XJ 260K miles and counting

2000 Ford Mondeo Verona 1.8 pez FOR SALE Now with new As owner

2000 Ford Puma 1.7 - Roffled and now with new AS owner

1968 AMC Rebel SST convertible (working and road legal but in limp home mode)

1967 AMC Rebel SST convertible (superior body and originality being slowly raided for spares for the '68) Off road for at least the last 25 years

1956 Chevy 210 4 door hardtop - bought in 2000 and still in my garage - I even do a bit of work on it occasionally - long term project

2005 MG ZT-T awaiting completion of engine transplant of spare V6 after OMG HGF on the engine that "never has that problem"

2005 Land Rover Discovery - for long trips and moving engines 

#2 ONLINE   catsinthewelder

catsinthewelder

• Full Members
  • 3,082 posts
  • 12 thanks
  • LocationLudlow

Posted 12 January 2018 - 08:56 PM

Des in the SQA making me ruin another keyboard

Angle grinders with speed control, albeit crude ones, are ten a penny these days from the likes of Lidl, for all your dizzy driving needs, coupling wise, you could try finding a big nut for the grinders spindle and a short length of radiator hose and clips, should be just up to the job if both items are supported but would hopefully release when the whole ballyhoo tears off on a nom nom trashing spree chasing you round your gaf while you scrabble to pull the main fuse. Maybe sit the dizzy in the top of an axle stand, poke the grinder in through a side and keep your boot on it, carry out a risk assessment and I'm sure it will be fine.

• chodweaver likes this
96 Disastra Estate in Vulgalours hat purple
94 Peugeot 405 Estate
93 Land Rover Discovery 200TDI

#3 OFFLINE   Split_Pin

Split_Pin

• Full Members
  • 6,955 posts
  • 18 thanks

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:12 PM

Cavcraft on the Celebrity Irrational Hatred Thread

I'll take this opportunity to remind the e-world that GILES BRANDRETH IS A FAT WANKER WHO OWES ME £100

• cobblers, cms206 and chodweaver like this

#4 OFFLINE   Pillock

Pillock

It's true.

• Full Members
  • 15,139 posts
  • 50 thanks
  • LocationMassive Wang.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:47 PM

Clearly these are quite rare and demand quite a bit of fuss. 300hp through a viscous AWD system and the Chocotronic gearbox would probably exercise your sphincter to the point where it could crimp off a marble worktop.

• eddyramrod, Cavcraft, adw1977 and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users