Best estate shite ever made?

Uncle Jimmy

It should not be forgotten that fins are essential on estates.

One day I will own a 1959 Cadillac...

... but definitely not this one! I hope its mother loves it!

1959 Cadillac Broadmoor Skyview Station Wagon

post-22262-0-36361700-1515679582_thumb.png

Some more details about it here:

https://blog.caranddriver.com/the-1959-cadillac-broadmoor-skyview-laughs-at-your-three-row-crossover/

The Queen has always looked to Vauxhall for a decent estate. These days she has an ex police dog handler unit Astra but in the old days if she was doing a run to the tip or picking up some extending ladders from B&Q she took the Cresta. She had this PA and later on a PC. This is why she is Queen.

post-19620-0-97387700-1515688233_thumb.jpg

post-19620-0-44892400-1515688286_thumb.jpg

She had this PC well into the 1980s apparently.

This is the first time I have thought of the Queen with lust in my heart!

I know -= lets make an estate with the engine in the back - 
Daft idea that kind of worked if you didnt put much weight in it .|
The van version ( of which this was once )  had what must be the biggest difference in front and rear tyres in the history of motoring 
45psi rear 
18psi front
On crossplies = scary shit :)
Factory estate had opening side windows - well sliding ones - twas called the Husky 

post-3875-0-37704100-1515689061_thumb.jpg

post-3875-0-88104500-1515689083_thumb.jpg

post-3875-0-30655500-1515689104_thumb.jpg

OK, back on message.

The 145 express, beloved of Swedish tradesmen and a service van version. Think the windows are just painted over, not panelled out. I believe the roof extension was steel on these rather than fibreglass so durable enough.

not seen these before - i want one now 

The Queen has always looked to Vauxhall for a decent estate. These days she has an ex police dog handler unit Astra but in the old days if she was doing a run to the tip or picking up some extending ladders from B&Q she took the Cresta. She had this PA and later on a PC. This is why she is Queen.

attachicon.gifqueens-1961-cresta-friary-estate-pa.jpg

attachicon.gifqueens-cars-vauxhall-cresta-estate.jpg

She had this PC well into the 1980s apparently.

This is the first time I have thought of the Queen with lust in my heart!

Not a great fan of HRH but that second photo is a great one. I now imagine the Queen driving around Sandringham in an Astra G full of dog hair.

Rear engined estate cars like the Imp Husky.   Perfectly good idea.   Two boots, innit? 

There was a time when I really, really, wished my Dad would buy one of these.   Back then, by the way, Dads wore Tootal ties and bri-nylon shirts on the beach and smelt of Clan and Old Spice instead of being beanie hatted hipsters with beards like a Victorian cricket legend.    Lowering the car meant you had a puncture...

post-5367-0-64677200-1515690569_thumb.jpg 

Had I grown up in Pennsylvania instead of the New Forest I would probably have wanted him to buy this.....

post-5367-0-27824300-1515690662_thumb.jpg 

Shame there was no Simca 1000 Chatelaine, NSU Prinz Kombi or Renault Dauphine Domaine to rival that Husky, though.