Bedford CF, Zephyr mk3 or Vauxhall PA, maybe, sometime, eventually...

eddyramrod

Just a thought, but would any of our South Wales members consider nipping over to Port Talbot and having a look for me?

I could probably get down there after the weekend, but I'm not the best person to look at vehicles (as evidenced by some of the things I've bought) No doubt I'll miss the big holes in the cab floor, but notice that the interior light doesn't come on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

can't say i've ever seen a LWB CF........apart from the ones on this thread...I think the SWB is better proportioned...

remember the CF with a Rover V8 was THE van to have in the Shagadelic 70's... some *gorgeous* vans used to appear in Street Car etc

It doesn't, does it?  Have we got anyone around Weymouth who could go and look at it for me please?

Edit: Bezzabsa, I agree, I like the proportions of the short van better.  Long ones used to be everywhere, wearing logos of utility companies.  For some reason they tended not to use the short ones, preferring Sherpas.

Australia delivers the CF goodness yet again.

04fad746f857fa183c944b09a57a0554.jpg

Properly engined with a Holden 308 and only 10 minutes up the road from me. Doors included.

When can I expect you?

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mittagong/cars-vans-utes/1977-bedford-cfs-van-minivan/1216371985?utm_campaign=socialbuttons&utm_content=app_ios&utm_medium=social&utm_source=ios_social

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw this on Saturday in Frosterley, Weardale and thought of this thread. The owner was getting it out of the garage. Slant-four sounded great.

Unfortunately it’s just been sold. I told him that we were admiring his van and he said’ “You’re too late!”

He has owned it for 38 years up to now.

Apologies for the shite photo taken through my dirty windscreen...

3A7F125B-4ED8-4CA5-9B57-4A4BB1D61507.jpeg

• 4 months later...

Bloody hell, it's over two years since I started this thread!  Tonight I've found two CFs on ebay, one of which is ideal: plain white van, 1.8 petrol, pre-facelift.  The other is a facelift pickup, which at least is petrol, but needs work.  I pretty-much expect that tbh.  Don't really know why I'm looking, it's not like I can leap out and buy one!  One has to keep an eye on the market, I suppose.

• 5 months later...

I think we all knew from the off that this thread was a non-starter.  We've seen plenty of CFs, usually on the ebay thread, which are either unsuitable or way out of budget; and to be fair, usually both.  I have one thing to say about that: Don't stop tagging me when you find one!  Now that I've realised I can't let Huggy go, it's clear I'm just not going to have another CF in the foreseeable future, or even beyond that.  But I can still look, it's nice to know they still exist.