SAAB 900SE V6 Auto Convertible-ish

Bucketeer

Great work fixing the roof Angle!

I got as far as briefly examining the boot area before leaving it for 'another day'. I was convinced it was something relatively simple.

Have you investigated the ESP/ABS issue?

NJGLeeds bunged the car on his code reader doofer but nothing untoward appeared. Apparently, these early 'new' 900s have limited connectivity/readability or summat.

Yeah, I think they're pre-OBD standardisation which means they only really work with an old version of the special Saab software, which has to be installed on some sort of retro 32Mb memory card to work properly and etc. 

I've been working on the basis that all other fixing is pointless unless I can sort the roof, so the ESP is next on the list - it can't be turned off unfortunately, because Swedish and safety. Logic is telling me as it only happens over bumps to look for a loose wire, but since when has logic had anything to do with old cars?

I've been working on the basis that all other fixing is pointless unless I can sort the roof, so the ESP is next on the list

I used that excuse too.

My first port of call for the ESP issue was going to be ABS sensors and associated wiring and if that failed then probably wiggling and poking random things aimlessly for a while.

• 2 months later...

GaNVMiG.jpg

Balls.

I can barely use a glue gun, let alone weld. Boo.

The garage I use will do the welding for £40 an hour. Yay!

It'll still be a bit more than double what I mentally budgeted. Boo.

My girlfriend wants to see it live and has given me £100 to put towards it. Yay!

So, it'll live on. Possibly not the most sensible financial decision I've ever made, but since when has that mattered on here?