Mostly FREE, ultimate shiter clearance, mostly parts, some full cars!!!

djimbob

That Metro's a spot of mine from 6ish years ago!

5813317604_96322459cb.jpg

I do covet those Wellers...

I think I've met your mate in 2007 when I was looking for a bits for my last Metro. My impression was that he only looked at Metros as engine donors for Minis... :-(

That's the one!

Yes he has broken Metro's as we all have for Mini "improvements", but he deffo has a love of them, and has had his fair share of dailies, but business is business, and Metro's were ten a penny, and not worth a carrot - he does want them saved where possible 'tho :)

The blue 205 has had an agreement with a local chap to be pillaged for all the bits he wants for the princely sum of "not a lot", so there may be other parts left over after he's filled his boots - there are still other body panels kicking around loose of course :)

I'm going to try to nip up to the unit this afternoon to take some more pics and check off the wanted list - I hear there are some free Austin Cambridge parts (he says any one who runs one of them needs all the help they can get! - I think that is a fond comment of it by the way, he loves old chod) :)

I don't suppose there are any volvo 240 parts left at all?

Cheers,

All of them so far, nothing has been collected, although Tommotech has said he wants to come and check out the estate and the various spares - we have until the end of the month to clear them or they'll be fragged most likely, pm me for my contact number and by all means come and check out what we have :)

As usual it was a pleasure to meet a fellow 'Shiter in Tommotech, the workshop/unit project looks amazeballs, I'm glad you guys have a proper shite motor to restore to christen it :)

post-20048-0-02085900-1516964823_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-19496600-1516964858_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-74099500-1516964897_thumb.jpg

Underneath all that grime and moss, that Volvo isn't as bad as I feared, it will be a lovely motor when finished I think :)

Been a bit under the weather with manflu/sore throat, so apologies for a lack of updates recently, I think we're at the stage (well Max is) where the bulk of the freebies/ bottlenecks to his move have been overcome, so I think the plan is to move all the non-Mini business spares into one of the club member's garage in bulk, and then part them out at his leisure, thus saving them from the scrapper and making some beer monies as while he's moving shite he's not earning the rent money!

Things may change, but at the moment he has until Feb 8th now to be completely out of his old unit, which is to me a monumental task for anyone, never mind one guy with a van and a trailer!

I'm looking forward to the Tercel being dragged off to it's new home, as I think that is the last of the free cars, and it will mean all the Mini shells and the Scamp will have gone, the last motor will probably be the CF camper which seems to have excited Eddy so much :)

Anyhoo, I blither on too much, moar updates to follow as events unfold, and on a separate note I am helping a club member pick up a Jag 420g based grass tracker tomorrow with my 405 with the towbar, hopefully I'll get a few pics I can share of that strange beastie :)

What do the free Austin Cambridge spares consist of?

There is what I think is a full exhaust, one of the axles kicking about is a cambridge one I think but not sure which one, and a couple of bits on the shelf of the pics I am posting below - I was supposed to go take pics of the lot when the light was better and document them but the weather and circumstances had other plans! I will have a crack at it next week :)

post-20048-0-06912800-1517138232_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-06912800-1517138232_thumb.jpg

post-20048-0-05442600-1517138266_thumb.jpg

And a quick quiz - what is this off? it will be for sale after the move, or before if someone desperately wants it ;)

post-20048-0-77608600-1517138344_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps :)

post-20048-0-14789100-1517138588_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...