Welcome to Autoshite

Welcome to Autoshite, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Autoshite by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
  • Get your own profile and make new friends
  • Customize your experience here
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Renny Laguna V6

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   25v6turbo

25v6turbo

• Full Members
  • 1,035 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDevon.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:33 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.u...3- ... 7C294:50 Yes i know i,am biased working for the poxy company,but these V6 lags at this age are brilliant,better than the later toilet and 24v unlike the older ones,manual is nice and a Monaco even better,sat nav,reckon 800 chunks gets this??,nice smoker??

#2 OFFLINE   25v6turbo

25v6turbo

• Full Members
  • 1,035 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDevon.

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

Exhaust looks pants though..

#3 OFFLINE   MrRegieRitmo

MrRegieRitmo

• Full Members
  • 4,758 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationS Coast England

Posted 12 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

I like the sound of it, only issue I have is that if I'd splashed a lot of lolly on this, would people actually know I was in a TOTR car? Doesn't it just look like any other Laguna with a rear spoiler? I know it has a Monaco interior but out on the road, who's gonna be able to peer in & go 'corr he/she's got the best Laguna!' :) Do V6 Lagunas have a nice sound? I can't recall ever hearing a fruity Laguna!

#4 OFFLINE   Mr_Bo11ox

Mr_Bo11ox

• Full Members
  • 22,841 posts
  • 24 thanks
  • LocationUttoxeter/Derby

Posted 12 June 2009 - 10:17 PM

I bet thats a pretty cool mota, sadly Mk1 Lagunas just look like transport for folk who are serially skint/unlucky/living in temporary accomodation nowadays.

PIGEONZ NEST

CHECK OUT MY AWARD-WINNING SHITE-FIXING BLOG HERE

"THE 2.3 POWERTRAIN IS A SILENT IS AS A FISH, AND IT PULLS LIKE A GREAT"
"The engine has airbrushed skulls on it"

"Car shows are full of mentals talking tosh"

"I promised her I would waxoyl her Polo"

#5 OFFLINE   Volksy

Volksy

• Full Members
  • 3,606 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationThe vortex that transends time and space leading to destruction of the universe

Posted 13 June 2009 - 03:38 AM

Sure it's nice, but I did a Aux belt on a Safrane V6 once, and still have the scars, so that V6 has to be a tighter fit in a Laguna.

#6 OFFLINE   Father Ted

Father Ted

I am the Lord of the Dance Settee

• Full Members
  • 3,539 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationMy God.... Its Full of WIN.....

Posted 13 June 2009 - 06:27 AM

Go for it, they are lovely to drive - only 2 things ever went wrong with my Laguna, the heater matrix ( left lowe side of dash removal job to replace, so not a huge job - took a day,) and I drove it over a steel bollard that rippd a hoe in the side of the car.Otherwise, faultless.
Posted Image
Autoshite... Its like the Posideon Adventure, without the adventure.

#7 OFFLINE   shite_meister

shite_meister

• Full Members
  • 980 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationJersey, home of the spud.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:42 AM

I very nearly bought a V6 Magoona at Christmas to get me to Polakland and back, I've always liked the idea of these but working for Renault myself has shown me they were nothing but trouble and sure enough a quick call to my old work mates showed it needed some serious money throwing at it.Still, you'll get the bits cheap won't you? I'd still have one and I really like the interiors, A Magoona V6 is one of those cars that my head says "Fuck no, stay well clear" but my heart says "I want a piece of that cake"
Drive it like its shite

#8 OFFLINE   shite_meister

shite_meister

• Full Members
  • 980 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationJersey, home of the spud.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 08:46 AM

rippd a hoe in the side of the car.

Posted Image
Drive it like its shite

#9 OFFLINE   25v6turbo

25v6turbo

• Full Members
  • 1,035 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationDevon.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 09:04 AM

The facelift cars are great,aux belts are fine,and yes the cambelt is tight,but not silly(unlike the espace)this engine/box is brilliant,its the L7X lump,used in a lot of Renaults,and gives a lovely throaty roar,my wife drives an S reg V6 executive so i know the cars,but the only thing is its only got one key,and i really don,t like that exhaust,but it does look super clean,nice colour,don,t forget this is a 24v,not a 12v as fitted to early Lagunas/safranes.

#10 OFFLINE   Gompo

Gompo

• Full Members
  • 1,409 posts
  • 0 thanks
  • LocationRetford, North Notts.

Posted 13 June 2009 - 10:59 AM

Go for it.. It's had a belt change allready but might need another one admittedly.When I read the top of the advert and saw the mileage I was betting in my head that it wouldnt have any history.. and of course none was listed in the advert...Obviously looked at the Q&A's at the bottom of the page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users