Ford focus c-max NJ56 PSU £600

stripped fred

My mum has traded her c max in for a Honda Jazz. It is a 56 plate 1.6 zetec. Blue. 127k. Has a marker on it as front and rear ended on motorway when she was driving it 18 months ago. It got repaired by her local garage. MOT history of 15th July 2016 shows what was needed to fix. Some misalignment of front bonnet panels now if you look closely but otherwise no problems since.

No lights on dash. Mild previous dog use possible. Usually carried my mum, and my two sons on occasions. Not smoked in, by my mum, or the kids.

I drove it down to Devon and back recently. It performed very well. Good mpg's too, mid to high thirties if I remember right. Nice, high driving position and plenty of space. Clutch and gearchange all good. Good handling. Nice, simple 1.6 so no egr's, dpf's etc. Manual. All electrics work as far as I remember.

She's averaged 10 to 12k while she's had it. She drives very steadily. Max 65mph. Doesn't ride the clutch. Mechanically sympathetic. Not full giffer yet so not too many scrapes.

She's had it about 7 years. Only one key but a big pile of paperwork. She has taken it to the local garage, over the road, every year and every time there has been a problem, large or small.

I don't think there are any obvious dents or marks. She has washed it herself regularly.

Photos to follow end of week when I get it.

Price: Valued at £1000 in good condition. Marker will reduce price then reduce again as on here. She"s looking for £700 so £600 shite price. Any less and I may have it myself as i like it and would make a good replacement for my galaxy, which would be advertised on here...

post-19517-0-38301000-1514994827_thumb.jpg

post-19517-0-10210000-1514994845_thumb.jpg

post-19517-0-35420200-1514994855_thumb.jpg

post-19517-0-15265600-1514994865_thumb.jpg

New car is a 2014 Honda Jazz. Bought from a Honda dealer and will be collected tomorrow.

It was nearly cancelled today. The dealer refused to give any money off at all, said that they would 'charge' £250 to dispose of the c max, which was a bit rude as it's a decent car. Reduced their offer of a tank of petrol to £20, refused any car mats, said they wouldn't mot it, even though it runs out in March, and said that they wouldn't service it either. My mum asked my step-dad to go along and tell them to 'stick it'. I rang and spoke to the manager. I pointed out the above and said that my parents were upset and they would be losing their future custom too as this garage is literally 2 miles from their home.

My step-dad went along and the manager has now offered a full tank of petrol, a free mot and two free services. Now, these may be labour only and parts will be on top but at least it's an improvement. I think the dealer was a bit peeved as it was a cash deal and they refused the kind offer of £1750 of extras, glass care, paint care, wheel care etc...

New car is a 2014 Honda Jazz. Bought from a Honda dealer and will be collected tomorrow.

It was nearly cancelled today. The dealer refused to give any money off at all, said that they would 'charge' £250 to dispose of the c max, which was a bit rude as it's a decent car. Reduced their offer of a tank of petrol to £20, refused any car mats, said they wouldn't mot it, even though it runs out in March, and said that they wouldn't service it either. My mum asked my step-dad to go along and tell them to 'stick it'. I rang and spoke to the manager. I pointed out the above and said that my parents were upset and they would be losing their future custom too as this garage is literally 2 miles from their home.

My step-dad went along and the manager has now offered a full tank of petrol, a free mot and two free services. Now, these may be labour only and parts will be on top but at least it's an improvement. I think the dealer was a bit peeved as it was a cash deal and they refused the kind offer of £1750 of extras, glass care, paint care, wheel care etc...

We went looking at 'new' cars a couple of months ago @ Arnold Shark we'd not been in there 5 minuets and we'd been pounced on by the sales guy, we said we were just looking and don't really have a set car or budget as if we see something we like we'd stretch it a bit. Ran through a part ex value on our CRV and he said £500 due to the 'high mileage', tried to make out they would be doing us a big favour by taking it in. then the upselling comes along, seriously put me off, and the only benefit they were offering was it was newer than our CRV, much worse spec -  okay our CRV has done nearly 180k but has been serviced about 15 /16 times in 10 years and I own it so cost £0 per month, upshot is we still have the CRV 

on a side note that C-max looks decent and for £600 even if you can't bang another 12 months ticket on it its still mage value until MOT expires in July. 

We went looking at 'new' cars a couple of months ago @ Arnold Shark we'd not been in there 5 minuets and we'd been pounced on by the sales guy, we said we were just looking and don't really have a set car or budget as if we see something we like we'd stretch it a bit. Ran through a part ex value on our CRV and he said £500 due to the 'high mileage', tried to make out they would be doing us a big favour by taking it in. then the upselling comes along, seriously put me off, and the only benefit they were offering was it was newer than our CRV, much worse spec - okay our CRV has done nearly 180k but has been serviced about 15 /16 times in 10 years and I own it so cost £0 per month, upshot is we still have the CRV

on a side note that C-max looks decent and for £600 even if you can't bang another 12 months ticket on it its still mage value until MOT expires in July.

It puts me off dealers. Are car supermarkets any better?

Not defending any dealerships of any hue, selling anything, but anyone not upselling or maximising the profit for their boss needs sacking.  Your car is your second biggest expenditure and most dealerships are order takers not sellers, give the ones who ask questions of what you use your car for, credit for doing their job.  A lot of cars get saddled with bad reputations because buyers took them on a whim and are surprised their lifestyles don't match the brochures and they pick imaginary faults on the car, not their bad choice.

This was dropped off by my mum last night. I've been driving it today. It's in very good condition and drives very well. Thousands of pounds of garage bills for servicing, suspension, cambelt, battery, tyres etc. I managed to get 40mpg just driving locally, if the trip computer is to be believed. I've decided to keep it myself so sale now cancelled.