Skegmess is Bracing POSTPONED... New dates tbc.

ruffgeezer

Ok well now that all that Christmas and New Year's bollocks is out of the way, could I perhaps entice some of you chaps t'Skeggeh for a day out?

We have a selection of local eateries for a late breakfast meet; but Rachael's in Hagworthingham has the benefit of being on the main road from Lincoln and not far from routes N/S

rachel-s-cafe-a158-hagworthing.jpg

From there, there are a choice of activities, ranging from the excellent Aviation Heritage Centre at East Kirkby (open 10-4pm):

cga1.JPG

To a half decent old school scrappy just outside Tattershall;

b3f41c10dfd2e5c51015bf63917bc1a8_fancybo

It's worth noting that the lower yard is nearly full now too.

Failing that, we head east and hit Skegness for a chippy tea...

Anyone fancy it?

Last time I went to Skegness was the summer of 1977 on a FS1e with about 20 other afflicted riders

The lasting memory is the ride through or around Wrangle, when I say ride through I actually mean everybody from bike 6 back

Those bends were pretty sharp , I watched the front 6 pile on top of each other like a TV show sketch straight into the ditch at a tight RH bend, luckily I was 7-8 so managed to stop, no lasting injuries and everybody made it there and back all limbs intact

Kids today don't know what a proper youth was , it was getting piss wet through on a moped when somebody decides we should go on a 160 mile round trip with £5 in your pocket

I'd think the Skeggy Slogan, " it's so bracing" will apply x10 in February

Just had a look and its a 350 mile round trip which is a touch far for a day trip

So I lived in Nottingham since 1998 and there is an ancient bye law which deems thou shalt visit the Skeg. Not done it yet.

I'm in.

I can't quite figure out how you've lived in Nottingham and not been to Nottingham-on-Sea.

It's weird how places adopt other places. Everyone from Nottingham went to Skeg, yet now I live in Leicestershire it's all about Hunstanton. Nobody would dream of going to Skeg from here. 

I used to "pop out" to Skeg for the drive mainly - probably have a shandy in the Litten Tree whilst I was there, but mainly for the drive on a warm summer evening. I've also stayed over a few times - driven down there, decided it was quite a good idea to have a few drinks so book into a scruffy B&B for £30 and get slaughtered. I've seen some sights.....

I can't quite figure out how you've lived in Nottingham and not been to Nottingham-on-Sea.

It's weird how places adopt other places. Everyone from Nottingham went to Skeg, yet now I live in Leicestershire it's all about Hunstanton. Nobody would dream of going to Skeg from here. 

I used to "pop out" to Skeg for the drive mainly - probably have a shandy in the Litten Tree whilst I was there, but mainly for the drive on a warm summer evening. I've also stayed over a few times - driven down there, decided it was quite a good idea to have a few drinks so book into a scruffy B&B for £30 and get slaughtered. I've seen some sights.....

I think not having a car between 1999 and 2016 had a lot to do with it ;)

I've been itching for a reason to head East.

The thought of a 3 hr train journey in a packed DMU full of screaming kids and parents battling early onset dementia for the pleasure* of a walk on the prom and a fish supper never appealed for some reason.

Did someone mention Crazy Golf ?

I think not having a car between 1999 and 2016 had a lot to do with it ;)

I've been itching for a reason to head East.

The thought of a 3 hr train journey in a packed DMU full of screaming kids and parents battling early onset dementia for the pleasure* of a walk on the prom and a chip supper never appealed for some reason.

Did someone mention Crazy Golf ?

A pair of class twenties and some smelly old Mk2s was the best way to travel.

Pict0190a.jpg

We went in July with the kids and or tourer for a week. 1st time we've been and thoroughly enjoyed it. We stayed right next door to the theme park/market ant Ingoldmells. The kids still talk about it yet. I think they want to go again this year although a few of my mates and families are going to Poole.