Cavcraft 2k18... Alto Passo Testo

Cavcraft

Well bought Sir Billy. I liked mine, they go very well and are surprisingly comfortable - I used to drive all over Europe in mine. They were all 4WD (in the UK) when this one was new, we didn't get the weedy 150bhp FWD variant until later - just the 180 and 225 Quattros.

Everyone at the works do will tell you they’re boring to drive, but that’s compared with a Boxster on a track. On the road they’re enough of a hoot when you want them to be.

They’re also more fun than the mk2s, and a lot less complex, as SiC will attest.

Sadly baseball glove seats were a convertible-only thing.

No rust (that I’ve seen) but not looked underneath. No mention of it on MOT failure though, so hopefully it’s not an issue.

Advisories included both rear wheels sticking slightly, train of though is sticking calipers or handbrake cable/s as it wasn’t used much last couple of years.

It pulls well, my lad tried to overtake me so I wellied it and it took off very nicely.

In the short drive I’ve had, it seems nice but not crazy like a VXR/ST/etc, much more sedate feeling. Probably a good thing for your licence or middle aged hair dresser’s middle aged crisis, as they appear to get labelled.

Suppose it’s unfair to compare it to balls out cars, maybe it’s more of a grand tourer type thing? Does make you feel quite grand driving it, it must be said.

There's a chap on our allotment site has one of these, very often full of hens or ???? shit. Must be very practical

You can get a suitcase and snowboarding kit (including board) in the boot with the rear seats down. (How middle class / middle aged am I.) I've also shared the luggage space with a wheelbarrow while a small tree rode in the front. A friend was driving. That wasn’t awfully comfortable though.

Guest Hooli

I trust the tree was wearing its seat belt ?

I hope it had a booster seat if it was of that age too.

Not one to crow about, sadly. MOT failure (too much to bother with) and the smoke screen had to be seen to be believed, I swear it was brown coloured at one point. Seems to use more oil than diesel, but it was one hell of a final journey (not 750 miles) for the poor old thing.

33306813_1832618173700797_59960421321319

33364936_1832618260367455_71537020551131

Is that the one off the eBay tat thread which the owner reckoned would struggle to pass the emissions?  Sounds like he was right then...

I don't know to be honest, quite possibly. Very nice bloke though, picked me up from mine to go and get it.

Back on my head today.

33478338_1833248166971131_53205203471480

33528349_1833248206971127_82429225847656

33572966_1833248276971120_61080767792498

Vendor was a brilliant bloke, was part way through re-wiring the alarm on his Ferrari Mondial when I got there. Could have talked to him all day long, no danger.  Anyhow, Fiesta failed MOT, the only tricky bit (I can see)is the welding needed right next to the rear suspension mount.

He says it's original/genuine mileage, one MOT (on history) has seen it jump by 70,000, but it seems the tester cocked up.