Portsmouth Midweek Minimeet April 18th. Pics and Videos.

eddyramrod

I'm in Portsmouth for my birthday in April, so I've arranged to meet Danthecapriman and any other Shiter who wishes to show up at High Noon on Wednesday April 18th at Mick's Burger Van on the top of Portsdown Hill. The van is more or less a fixture there, it's very much a local landmark with a big car park around it. If we can, it'd be nice to drop in on Stanky too and rib him a bit about his Geep, but really, it's just a bunch of blokes having a burger and talking cars. Anything else is a bonus. It's most likely you'll see Huggy and the Minty Mercury before you see anything else, we take up a bit of space!

Anyone up for it?

I do realise that, being midweek, not everyone will be able to get the time off work, but those who can will be welcome, and those who can't... we will raise our Pepsis in toast to you.  Especially Stanky, good luck there!

High noon is, unfortunately, the exact time I start work that day....Still written on the calendar though.

Go sick for the day! Unexpected and sudden illness!

I'll be there of course.

Capri will be back home by April too, won't be 'on the road' but your welcome to come and have a look at it.

Could be as little as an hour; could be the rest of the day!  It all depends on what we find to talk about or do.  Burgers from the adjacent van will be involved, and possibly ice cream at some point.  Beyond that, it's entirely flexible.  This is only the third such meet in three years, so it's a bit early to call anything "normal!"

Eddy - In case I don't make it to either yours or Portsmouth (which, being mid week I most probably won't) and if you are passing, for which you will most probably be passing through the M5 at some point you are welcome to mine either on the way down or back up. I've still got some Rover 800 mats here ear marked for you that I keep on tripping over.

Either that or I could pass them on to Chaseracer who'll pass them on to you?

Me being there is dependant on the car arriving?

Was possibly going to have to call it off as Sam isnt off and im terrible at directions :(

Until another shitter offered to chapperone me and be my co pilot ;)

But still dependant on Shitestang arriving and being ready?

All you got to do is head south. Keep heading south until you get to a big hill overlooking the sea. If you get wet ye've gone too far!

Cheese-eating surrender-motors!  :D

Waving their headgaskets as flags?

I will be doing everything I can to be at this.  Know the location well, having spent a significant portion of my life in and out of Portsmouth. If I can Engineer a visit to one of our local sites, I might even be able to get my mileage paid for!