My 2005 Jaguar S Type - **May be on its way back**

cpjitservices

I keep getting Brake Fault coming up on the display... Goes off almost striagjt away after starting.. have checked fluid levels and topped up. Brakes seem fine.

Anyone any ideas?

Does the abs kick in occasionally just as you're coming to a stop?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Does the abs kick in occasionally just as you're coming to a stop?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Now then, I think it was because the battery was a bit flat as all of a sudden on putting the key in the wipers started working... Just took it up the motorway for a quick blast and the wipers have stopped and no more brake fault.

New headunit installed. Works perfect.

Except I need a cage for the headunit and the plastic surround that would go around the edge of it.

Anyone got either of those?

Looks like I'll have to relocate the cruise control module behind the dash as it is right behind the headunit literally so I have to sit the unit on top of the module to get it in.

Hi please rather than trying to fit things around the radio. Please buy a genuine holder it looks better and comes with a cubby above where the radio sits. Can be had cheaply aswell.

The facia I got from eBay, was listed for a 75. Radio fits now that I have sourced a cage and the plastic surround. Looks quite good actually. Putting the cage in has made loads of difference.

Tunes are a plenty.

Oh, I also now have reinstated battery cover and engine cover!! Thanks to the previous owner.

Update: Tracking and rebalance..

Straight and true!!!

Had a good look over it on the ramp, not bad at all underneath. Very little in the way of any rot. Everything looks new under there!!!!!!

Excellent.

Sorry i didnt have time to search for the trim tape at the weekend for your door thingy. Will get it done asap.

• 2 months later...

So, Awaiting the arrival of the Dark Blue Audi - I presume is on way with Wuvuum as we speak!

Just insured it anyway, less than half what I pay now. In fact its the same price that I pay monthly that I used to pay for my first 3.0 S Type. Insurance is weird and a rip-off.

Photos to follow when Mr Wuv arrives!

Away goes the Copperleaf Rover with him too.

Yeyyyyy Audi is home.

Great car and drives very well considering the amount of miles it's done.

First task, clean it out and clean it up. Clean out done... Seat covers ordered, new boot trim ordered for above number plate.

I'm on holibobs end of next week when I get back I'll get a new sump ordered and do a full service!!

:)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Ok so today has been fun. 35 mile trip. Yes I know we've got a broken sump but it hasn't lost much oil (yet) new sump on order from the bay of E.

Obstacle number one: wiper stopped working on drivers side on way home in the dark on a dual carriageway ... Boing it went... No more wiper!! Annoying.

Second - we have sticky indicators. As in, they stay on. Lol. Left or right. Put one in and you get a stuck indicator not a ticking one. New really from eBay ordered.

Parking her up end of this week for a rest. When sump arrives I'll fit it. Hopefully it comes with gasket.

Got home with broken wiper. Looks like it's come off the spigot that joins it onto the cam of the runner. Need to get it back on and make it stay on. I fear a new mechanism may be needed.

Love the feel of the car though they way it drives is very nice.

That's all for today. :)

Indeed, I'm not complaining more keeping a log. I really do want to show the car some love. I've really enjoyed the drive today.

Plenty of power and loads of comfort, I really like the driving position.

It's actually put a smile on my face.

:)

Wiper .each not a massive job just awkward, same with sump. A few bolts, sensor remove and off it'll drop .. hopefully.

For a couple of hundred quid car you’ve done well there. Scrapyard for the wiper stuff and a mornings work and you are good to go.

Same thing had happened to the Stilo (now with Mr Bo11ox) when I bought it.  I got a repair kit off eBay, basically a clip thing which holds the linkage onto the ball joint - it worked fine, and is presumably still working.

Cool... you got a link?

Audi is off into my mate's garage to get the sump done, Full-service filters etc whilst he's there.

Evening all, no update as of yet other than - 

The Audi has a new sump and has had a full service.

Havent picked it up from the garage yet- going first thing to pick it up!!

Tried to clean the flagstones of my drive, the tub I used to catch the oil had an overflow issue and covered my drive in oil! Drats!!!

Can't wait to have a worry-free drive tomorrow!! :)

Nothing to report as yet, waiting for Wiper repair thingy to come, need to spend £13 on ebay for new hazard warning relay switch to fix sticky indicators... New door speakers being fitted front & back for when I get home (Currently on holiday) - im excited to get back and have a listen and a drive!! :)

Videos of the trip to Disney in the wifes poor Picasso coming soon, the Picasso has taken protest... its in the car park at Disneyland hotel and is purporting 'Engine Fault', though running absolutely no differently (still slow as fook). 1.6 8v great round town car, hateful on the motorways!