My 2005 Jaguar S Type - **May be on its way back**

cpjitservices

• 1 month later...

My XJ has been pretty good in the snow (with winter tyres though).  The traction control system on these is quite clever, bit it does counteract wheel spin by jamming the brake on of the spinning wheel which can cause heavy rear brake pad wear. It's also very boring so I have been turning off my traction control.

• 1 month later...

When the alternator on my V6 Mondeo failed (related engine, but probably a different alternator) I just bought and fitted a new regulator for about 30 quid as the rotating bits of the alt looked absolutely fine (and were fine, as it turned out). Fitting it to the alternator was no problem, extracting the alternator to get at it was the difficult bit! Something to bear in mind if it happens again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Due to circumstances regarding work etc, I may need to downsize the Jag.

Its costing me £120 to insure, and thats without the wife on. 

I need something a bit cheaper to insure, preferably an estate, and I can put wife on insurance. Im looking at an A6 1.9/2.5.

SO Jag may just be up for sale very shortly, or swaps for the above, I guess. 

Maybe my price is a tad low, but she does have a few war wounds, not scabby anywhere that I can see but a few scratches and scrapes thanks to supermarket car park dodgems with doors and the like.

But it is what it is, I'm going to need to get something that the wife can drive, as well as something a bit cheaper due to circumstances involving work.

Due to circumstances regarding work etc, I may need to downsize the Jag.

Its costing me £120 to insure, and thats without the wife on. 

I am confused.  Surely the petrol cost is more crippling than that payment.  Or did you mean £120 a month??

[ Edit:  I found you, your surname is J*****n and you were born in 1988, living in Hull ]

Now back to the car!  Lovely colour.  I would want it (especially because it's blue with cream!) but can't commit to anything at the moment.  Not unless you want a 22 year old BMW 5-series but that won't help you out any better