My 2005 Jaguar S Type - **May be on its way back**

cpjitservices

Dam insurance companies! uploaded proof of no claims, 1 year with Tesco 2 with Admiral. Didn't earn any in between as I had the Volvo on classic insurance.

Anyway, can only accept 2 years as that's what I earnt with Admiral, Insurer will only accept what is given by the previous insurer in the past 2 years.

So you're telling me if I had 10 years with 1 and 1 year with another (a previous insurer) Id only have 1 years?

Fuck Off.

The search for a new insurer then, and a full refund from this lot.

• 2 weeks later...

What a day!

Went to go get 2 front tyres as the ones on the front of the Audi where lets just say "slightly unlegal" 

2x tyres & two track rod ends later and we notice the rear shocker has literally nothing left of it and the strut has almost snapped, cant wait to see how much that will be tomorrow lol

Anyway, hopefully, tomorrow - she will drive much better and be fully legal again!! 

I was recommended to not spend any money on this car and call it a day, but - I like it and its under my skin. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi all

Turns out I *may* need to shuffle this along soon, it's just not big enough.

Astonishing car. Literally, you can go anywhere in it without hesitation... But I think I need a 7 seater.

By the time I have tools in the boot and a PC or two (permanent fixture) there's no room for anything else.

If any one is interested, and fancies a drive. I wouldn't mind chinning it for something like a Galaxy, or some other similar steed. Has to be nothing special.

To be fair, something like a Picasso would do. Pref Diesel HDI format.

:( Shame, I've spent a fair bit on this too. Great car, but it's just not big enough, but a van would be a pain to park in my street!

Anything coming up?

Hi all

Turns out I *may* need to shuffle this along soon, it's just not big enough.

Astonishing car. Literally, you can go anywhere in it without hesitation... But I think I need a 7 seater.

By the time I have tools in the boot and a PC or two (permanent fixture) there's no room for anything else.

If any one is interested, and fancies a drive. I wouldn't mind chinning it for something like a Galaxy, or some other similar steed. Has to be nothing special.

To be fair, something like a Picasso would do. Pref Diesel HDI format.

:( Shame, I've spent a fair bit on this too. Great car, but it's just not big enough, but a van would be a pain to park in my street!

Anything coming up?

My lancer any use to you? It's about as popular as AIDS on here :D

My lancer any use to you? It's about as popular as AIDS on here :D

Actually I've just found it.

Same issue, it's an estate. Something like a Galaxy/Picasso I can take the seats out (and leave them out) if preferable, then I can get ladders in and keep my tooldbox in there aswell as transport things to jobs.

Nice motor though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

An Zafira probs wouldn't be a bad choice either.

Audi in good fettle, 300+ pounds on rear shocker, new tyres all round, new sump and full service about 2k ago. Very very good on fuel, ona full tank mixed town and motorway I've done 500+ miles and still have about a quarter of a tank left. Not bad that. Mot due in Jan I believe, will need at least a CV boot and maybe discs and pads. Needs new hazard aetich which can be gotten from eBay.

Other than that, pulls like a train and will see another 240k without a doubt.

Sounds like you need my PT Cruiser - great* utility wagon in hatchback form - rear seats out and you have a van, assisted greatly by the tinted rear windows.

Never really posted any photos of it here, but the original thread was Tom's here http://autoshite.com/topic/29624-ptsd-cruiser-sold-pending-collection/

Sounds like you need my PT Cruiser - great* utility wagon in hatchback form - rear seats out and you have a van, assisted greatly by the tinted rear windows.

Never really posted any photos of it here, but the original thread was Tom's here http://autoshite.com/topic/29624-ptsd-cruiser-sold-pending-collection/

Lovely, looked at one not so long back and for some reason, insurance was astonishing so I may have to pass, cheers ... though.

• 2 weeks later...

I have bad news!

Cam belt snapped on the Audi... 

Unluckily. 

It has been replaced with one of these.

2.0 HDI, 117k, Drives well enough, and very cheap to insure and tax. Needs a new MAF (in the new year).

Transforms into a van also!!! Which is great - I can get 2 sets of ladders in the back.

Not bad for £300

post-20838-0-43150400-1544254672_thumb.jpg

Shame about the Audi. At least the Picasso suits your needs. Me i couldn't got from a Jaaaaaag to this but then that's me. Looks clean for the year.

I do miss the Jag, but I have almost nil income at the moment. I would have been able to afford to run the Jaaaaaaaggggggg so for now the Picasso will suit me fine :)

Interior is mint condition, to be fair. It'll need the usual spot welding come April for MOT.

Do any of you know how to program a key fob to the car? I have the manual / basic key but I want key fob too.

My key will stay the same and the fob will just be for locking / unlocking - possible? Ive bought the correct fob for my VIN on ebay for £40. 

On the Citroen forums they say I need Lexia because Transponder, but Im not using a transponder thats already in my key, ill put the fob and key on same keyring, 

This maketh no sense to anyone else,

A bit like the old Rovers, you got a single key and a separate two button fob - Same setup here. Except I need to program the fob.

Any Ideas?

Thanks all.

Do any of you know how to program a key fob to the car? I have the manual / basic key but I want key fob too.

My key will stay the same and the fob will just be for locking / unlocking - possible? Ive bought the correct fob for my VIN on ebay for £40.

On the Citroen forums they say I need Lexia because Transponder, but Im not using a transponder thats already in my key, ill put the fob and key on same keyring,

This maketh no sense to anyone else,

A bit like the old Rovers, you got a single key and a separate two button fob - Same setup here. Except I need to program the fob.

Any Ideas?

Thanks all.

£40 to copy and supply a new or £25 to program yours.

Local to mcr but other locksmiths will do the same.

• 1 month later...

I’m pretty sure it’s either 2.0 or 2.2 for the diesel X-types. 2.2 must go pretty well. I drove a 2.5 V6 manual X-type recently and found it quite a good little pocket rocket. The interior was like a shrunken XJ6 but the 4x4 handling was quite enjoyable. Nothing like a big Jag but very good on its own merits. All the petrol X-types drink loads and loads so the diesel is the only mildly practical proposition. I would definitely bomb around in a non-rusty 3.0 V6 4x4 manual for a bit if one turned up.

I’m pretty sure it’s either 2.0 or 2.2 for the diesel X-types. 2.2 must go pretty well. I drove a 2.5 V6 manual X-type recently and found it quite a good little pocket rocket. The interior was like a shrunken XJ6 but the 4x4 handling was quite enjoyable. Nothing like a big Jag but very good on its own merits. All the petrol X-types drink loads and loads so the diesel is the only mildly practical proposition. I would definitely bomb around in a non-rusty 3.0 V6 4x4 manual for a bit if one turned up.

Sorry I think it was a 2.2 actually AWD. Around 42 MPG long distance so not too bad.

Sorry I think it was a 2.2 actually AWD. Around 42 MPG long distance so not too bad.

I’ve had a few of these X-Types from new, done nearly 500k Miles wrapped in one.

The 2.1 V6 Petty is FWD.

The 2.5 and 3.0 V6 Petty are AWD. The 2.0 and 2.2 Dizzle are FWD.

The 2.2D has hell of a lot of torque and can move on out when you want it to. Av was 42MPG driven with spirit.

IMHO they are cracking cars. Not quite the full Waft you get with a big XJ but they are a comfy place to be and a bit different to your other standard 2.summitt Dizzlers from Fauxhall or Fard or Renner or Pewgo or Shitron, even if the X is made out of Mundano bits.

The Modern XE XF have lost that individual Old Skool Jag style. The current XJ I still think looks shite, can’t warm to it. The XE and XF are not too bad but look the bloody same and Jag went chasing Der Bavarian Motor Werkin style to appeal to mass market cos many drive and like Der Beemer.

Bring back the Walnut Veneer and leave the brushed Alu Shite for the cooker hood in your modern kitchen. But don’t give us that shite fablon wood style that some XF’s and XJ’s had, want a proper wooden dash like Broadswords XJR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk