The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

4 hours ago, Aston Martin said:

I know it's early, but when the Cactus goes back, it's only replacement can be a mk1 Multipla ELX PETROLEUM!!!

Which is not the easiest thing to find... Especially without a bloody wheelchair conversion. Luckily I have 6 months to find one.

DVee8 may have done your work for you...

https://autoshite.com/topic/34511-ebay-tat-volume-3/?do=findComment&comment=1802573

It appears Doc Brown is alive and well and operating out of a shipping container in an Aberdeen industrial estate. Just saw a Delorean DMC-12 peeking out of a shipping container earlier. It even had the California plate saying OUTATIME with a silver and black French plate underneath it. In Scotland... dafuq?!

Even more dafuq. Shortly after seeing the Delorean a fully rally-prepped (previous-gen I think) Ford Fiesta roared past. Stripped interior, roll cage, massive arches and the distinct whine and clunk of a straight-cut sequential gearbox downshifting as it entered a corner.

6 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

I wonder if he'd be interested in that half-derelict 1994 Maestro I stumbled across in Carmarthenshite last week....?

Probably! He has several in various states of repair. 

I've decided I'm probably going to give the Carina's MOT slot tomorrow to the 75.  I know the 75 is going to fail as well, as the handbrake is pants and the front suspension rattles like a skeleton wanking in a biscuit tin, but it's still going to need doing - plus I'd rather the Toyota didn't have a welding fail in its MOT history so I'm going to get the sill sorted first.

19 hours ago, Tadhg Tiogar said:

At least you didn't have to wait 27 years for a first win of 25 quid.

CX's very large capacity battery is here, so will get it fitted Saturday, chuck out the incorrect one that the gearbox workshop put in, and get the car down to the local jet wash. May and June have loads of promising CX trips.

48 years and I have never had a penny. One day may be. 

13 minutes ago, DVee8 said:

48 years and I have never had a penny. One day may be. 

They claim it doesn’t matter how many bonds you have, that they all have an equal chance. But the only time mine have come up ( I’ve bought and sold a few over the years) is when I’ve had blocks of more than £1000. I bought £5000 in jan ( as the traction avant buy fell through) , and they were eligible for the prize draw in March.  This month two of them won £25.  As an investment they are supposed to be poor ( check out moneysavingexpert.co.uk as they state the actual return) but as I’ve filled my isa for the year 1% a month return wouldn’t be bad as a guaranteed money back stake. And of course you could win the jackpot.

Washed, polished and waxed this handsome big bastard tonight. Took a while but its came up splendid. 

20190503_210225.thumb.jpg.f40d84f9d8b651bfc24395ad5f96bc7c.jpg

Also picked up some veg last night. 405 currently running on 100% oil now and wracking up serious miles. Looks like Tescos 5L for £3.50 offer is here to stay. 

20190502_213423.thumb.jpg.33f2e4f1d84f62468ef690064f6f2c89.jpg

Organised my first ever club run for the local 2CV lickers (The Cheshire Dragons) for this Sunday, 

Need to do a route really... I have a rough idea, but I suppose if I’m leading I should do better than a rough idea. 

A few more cars than expected are coming too! Actually a little nervous! 

18 minutes ago, egg said:

How many miles do you get out of £3.50 of tesco's finest?

Not done a brim to brim, but seems to be 43ish booting it, 50 if driving nicely. 

Miles to her majesties imperial gallon that is, so slightly less than 5L

9 minutes ago, loserone said:

And do you just carry that animal bedding everywhere just in case?

Yeah, I should really take that in the house, the rabbits are rarely in the car. 

Would be good for soaking up veg spills. 

11 hours ago, SRi05 said:

Some more Saaaaaaaaab sex since I'm meant to be working, I believe this has history with members on here? Would love to know more about it if so 

IMG_20190503_195836612.jpg

IMG_20190503_194643521_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190503_195301954_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190503_194654901_HDR.jpg

Hey that looks really nice. Cosmic blue. I had a 9-3 hatchback like it once. Turbo? Is it staying in the fold, I might want to keep tabs on that.

2 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

Hey that looks really nice. Cosmic blue. I had a 9-3 hatchback like it once. Turbo? Is it staying in the fold, I might want to keep tabs on that.

6 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

That looks great man, well acquired. Love the colour. 

2 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

Cheers lads, it really is a lovely motor, one of those cars I've instantly taken to.  It is indeed a 2.0 turbo, auto gearbox. Feels a lot quicker than the stated 154hp,  MOT history is immaculate. It's been well looked after.  And yes, all my cars will stay in the fold if I can help it! 

There's a local haulage company who run tippers that have an open day every year near me. Quite an interesting company in that he won't run modern trucks but instead keeps a fleet of fodens on the road. He buys them in, completely rebuilds them and they go out on the fleet. He won't touch modern rubbish. Dragged my mate out to have a mooch round, it's all done to raise money for the local air ambulance. Some lovely old trucks there, I can remember driving some similar ones when they were new.

IMG_20190504_135431.jpg

IMG_20190504_140504.jpg

IMG_20190504_140526.jpg

IMG_20190504_140512.jpg

IMG_20190504_140607.jpg

IMG_20190504_140602.jpg

IMG_20190504_135529.jpg

IMG_20190504_135715.jpg

Rain stopped. Shoved new 77Ah battery in, but not quick enough to beat the rain. Soaked to skin, but we have a.....start!

Managed to get CX out for run before the end of Shabbat (after which all the crazy driving starts again). Looking good for CX Technical Weekend. Washing it might help....

IMG_20190504_195809.jpg