The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Flipping Bangers returns for season 2 tonight on Blaze at 9 pm. Will and Gus are utterly hilarious for the chod they buy. My favourite moment of theirs was the Alfa that collapsed on the car lift! It’s like Wheeler Dealers, but the cars are much more likely to be total no hopers. I believe they are kicking things off with an MGB which should see some exciting rust action.

Flipping Bangers returns for season 2 tonight on Blaze at 9 pm. Will and Gus are utterly hilarious for the chod they buy. My favourite moment of theirs was the Alfa that collapsed on the car lift! It’s like Wheeler Dealers, but the cars are much more likely to be total no hopers. I believe they are kicking things off with an MGB which should see some exciting rust action.

Thanks for the heads up, the last series made for some great TV!

Jesus wept Santa Pod, it should be renamed Santa PondLife. I went to Performance Vauxhall there and while I made the best of it, the majority of folk there were just scumbags with no real interest in cars, or washing.

Oh and it's not in Wales BTW, it's near Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.

No. The twats in the tent* next to us were pissed and Welsh and had a nova.

* I say tent, but I think they just made a fire, and slept in camping chairs.

Thing is, this is on private land, and the landowner is not arsed. Mind you, I agree the extra traffic may cause some overspill.

I've heard conversations in Bulwell today like 'watch out for the gyppos' and 'nail everything down the gyppos are coming'. 

Completely unwarranted IMHO.

I might wander up as a guest and have a looksee when it's all set up.

Growing up in Kent in the 80s I saw the tail end of the gypsies coming in to work on the farms at harvest time. There are permanent gypsy sites where the residents look after their plots and vans and you'd think it was a seaside Haven/Butlins type place; equally there are others that are total squalor. 

Like people from any other background there are both good and bad folk in gypsies. 

New v5c by the looks- this is one is now obsolete but do excuse my paranoia

attachicon.gifCC2934E8-71E0-4B44-94E0-72F9DCE7D55D.jpeg

attachicon.gif42F1A9D2-5EF8-4903-89DB-6C2FBFC3262D.jpeg

The same but slightly different.

Bit more detail....

post-4673-0-50516400-1556289701_thumb.jpeg

post-4673-0-75756900-1556289722_thumb.jpeg

It’s not current as keeper change done. No signature bit (seemed a bit pointless anyway) online services mentioned first (only for keeper change, everything else has to be done by post, as before) form now has separation for individual characters like a passport application. The colour coding is the same but the layout/ ordering is different.

Just because I can ;) ......

post-3572-0-96005900-1556299831_thumb.jpg

post-3572-0-12581500-1556299887_thumb.jpg

Actually I can't, but you may already know that. The Vectra is broken due to my own stupidity. They have a very fragile fuel rail and running it too low is a no no. Worst still, at low fuel I left it for a week where it probably ran back out the rail back into the tank. Upon trying to start it it wouldn't catch. Fuel pump or rail might be ruined :sad:

My own BMW (the saloon) still hasn't been repaired properly. It's finally going nack to the garage tomorrow hopefully to be repaired properly. I love this car and intend to keep it.

The borrowed BMW is a lovely car, a 318i auto with leather. It's a really nice to drive and I kick myself for not buying it Ken or Tamworthbay when it was up for sale. It does however cost the same in fuel as my own BMW so having 2 BMWs that cost the same to run doesn't make sense and isn't justifyable right now. Besides, current owner loves it and is reluctant to sell right now.

I would love one, a 320d Touring auto would be perfect and I nearly did spot a bid on a couple but i need to sort out whats happening with the Vectra as I love that too, it was such a unique car.

Having had our travelling friends take over the industrial estate where I work,where in the space of 48 hours they stole numerous items,tried stealing the fork lift,left a skip full of rubbish,and human shite everywhere, another collection of them having various pick up accessories fitted(this what I do) then refuse to pay,make up a huge act of violence,pinning my gaffer against the wall,police etc,then fuck off with a grands worth of stuff,the stereotype is there for a reason,and I'm sorry,but they are all scum.

Having had our travelling friends take over the industrial estate where I work.

I was hovering over the delete button there, but instead I'll just post a reply.

It's completely unacceptable what happened, no defending that. Those people were scum, and they need a kicking.

Please can we not do the "all travellers are...." piece though. It just means we get several pages of borderline hatecrime. That's not just directed particularly at your post, Dan, but more of a request for anyone who replies.

Scumbags are scumbags whether they live in a caravan, a house, or a mansion.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/news/local-news/come-down-see-yourself-organisers-2797289

8kice9.jpg

Hmm, do I trust a man who's clearly dropped half a cup of tea and/or dribbled down his shirt ?

2_JAJ_TEM_250419HorseFair_009JPG.jpg

But of course.

Anyway, the site is right off Junction 26, so not right next door but not too far away from chez Clayts. Might pop along as it's within walking distance - £5 for car parking is going to work, isn't it ?

Yes, that would have been sensible. At least mine doesn't have a sealed paper receptacle - so the fumes had somewhere to go.

3 in 1 oil would have been a better choice too, but that's in the shed and WD40 is always to hand...

What, a deliberate "let's have a fire" fire or a "holy shit my paper shredder is on fire" fire?

The latter apparently. But I cannot see any Google images which show this happening for scientific proof*.

Seems I’ve agreed to buy this

post-758-0-76640600-1556310693_thumb.jpeg

In Huddersfield (300 miles away). Not seen the road in 11 years. Rusty. Deep joy

But why - I here you ask, when the age-d amongst you will recall I bought an NI Samara saloon a few years back, that I’ve never used ( although it’s ready for the road - I can’t find a use)

Because this

post-758-0-87257800-1556310706_thumb.jpeg

post-758-0-47159900-1556310717_thumb.jpeg

Yup, it’s a van. Nope, I’d not seen one either.

Seemed rude not too.

Just got to pay for it now, and sort Shiply, or summat.

Worra berk.

Looking for quality* hire cars in Australia...

post-20130-0-65070000-1556327014_thumb.png

Ohh a Fiat Punto is cheap, although not suitable for the outback (although the rental agreement says you can only use sealed roads anyway...), lets find out why not; using the modern medium of Facebook.

post-20130-0-98877900-1556327063_thumb.png

Does this make any sense or am I missing something? It doesn't matter as I've now booked a Hyundai Accent / Similar with another company.

attachicon.gifCaptureb.PNG

Ohh a Fiat Punto is cheap, although not suitable for the outback (although the rental agreement says you can only use sealed roads anyway...), lets find out why not; using the modern medium of Facebook.

attachicon.gifCapturea.PNG

Does this make any sense or am I missing something? It doesn't matter as I've now booked a Hyundai Accent / Similar with another company.

Makes no sense to me, unless they think European engines are fragile with badly spaced gear ratios, or it's only an automatic if it needs assistance with your left leg, third pedal and a magic wand between the front seats and people have got themselves stuck in the middle of nowhere before.

attachicon.gifCaptureb.PNG

attachicon.gifCapturea.PNG

The reason given through facebook sounds like bollocks. I would imagine the reason would be due to the lack of Fiat dealerships/mechanics outside of the major cities in case something did go wrong.

French and Italian cars are seen as fashion statements in the Australian market and are generally only bought by posh city types.