The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

I got a letter today, from Swansea.  Apparently, while they are still processing my licence, I am allowed to drive under Section 88.

AT LAST!

So we rang Motability and added me to the insurance on the Suzuki.  I think the Cadillac might be going out soon....

That's brilliant news! Chuffed for you :-D

Woo! 

now that you have your licence back does that mean you can keep Huggy :) or are you still selling for other reasons?

In theory I can now keep him, which I would prefer, but I do need money so if someone showed me the cash I reckon I'd take it.  I'm not removing the tag from his thread.  If I did sell Huggy I probably wouldn't have another Cadillac, simply because I won't be able to afford one.

So I don't feel dirty when I arrive? :>

This says more about my OCD/aspi-ness than it does about the cleanliness of UK public transport. But it's also the same reason 'going to school' for much of the population now involves a Quashqai or an X5 - personal safety is now thought to be under threat for every woman and child in the country. Add to that the aspirational appeal for little Johnny's whole family to smoke around in mummy's evoque rather than to have parkas and wait at the bus stop, and you have modern Britain TM. You're welcome.

(Sorry. Frothing of Congleton got hold of the keyboard again there for a mo.)

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

Never realised you were from Mongleton

I went there once. Odd.

The new steering wheel arrived for the Astra yesterday to replace the nasty leper one that was fitted

attachicon.gifwheel1.jpg

attachicon.gifwheel2.jpg

attachicon.gifwheel3.jpg

attachicon.gifwheel4.jpg

Much better :)

Also it's the first steering wheel I've ever removed with a T50 torx bit too rather than a proper nut

i remember doing upgrade on friends mk4 sxi to vxr one he was frightened of air bags, so how i laughed when he stuck his head in to see how was going and i shouted BANG never seen him run so fast...

I can't find the wanted thread, but could anyone post me a length of scrap copper brake pipe and an M10 bolt?

I want to use it as a camshaft locking tool as per here - http://www.eastment.net/206cb/206cbpage2.htm and it seems a waste to buy new stuff.. Anyone got a bit they could roll up and lob at Hermes for a few £? Doesn't have to be mint etc, ill use it and bin it

Got an update on the Princess repairs which are mostly going smoothly, except for the hub nuts breaking tools because of how tight they're on.  Actually pretty pleased I inflicted the job on someone else (sorry, SoC) now, I wouldn't have stood a chance!

Okay, so, new cars have driver assists up the wazoo, speed limiters, sensors and all that to make it easier to drive itself in case you're not a very good driver.  Why not just catch the bus?  What's the point in new cars now?

because to do my 35 minute jouney to work would take over 2 hours  on the feckin bus is why!!

After looking at the Audi's scuttle with dome at Scotoshite last night, it appeared that a possible cause of the wet driver's footwell is that the plastic scuttle drain panel is missing, and that the underlying bulkhead drains are clogged with leaves and shite.

post-3238-0-22269300-1553807560_thumb.jpg

The bonnet release cable passes through the bulkhead right here via a grommet. There are also 2 drains near here, one immediately to the left of the grommet on the side panel and a bigger one in front. The former was completely blocked and I think that water was pooling here and seeping through the bonnet release.

The fusebox lid was also loose and I'm amazed that it hadnt got wet. I reattached it properly.

I now need a scuttle panel as it has a duct that channels rainwater directly towards the drains underneath. That is not going to be easy.

Check out the shite that came out, this is just some of it. I did both sides.

post-3238-0-29733500-1553808513_thumb.jpg

post-3238-0-05370400-1553808184_thumb.jpg

After looking at the Audi's scuttle with dome at Scotoshite last night, it appeared that a possible cause of the wet driver's footwell is that the plastic scuttle drain panel is missing, and that the underlying bulkhead drains are clogged with leaves and shite.

attachicon.gif20190328_184245.jpg

The bonnet release cable passes through the bulkhead right here via a grommet. There are also 2 drains near here, one immediately to the left of the grommet on the side panel and a bigger one in front. The former was completely blocked and I think that water was pooling here and seeping through the bonnet release.

The fusebox lid was also loose and I'm amazed that it hadnt got wet. I reattached it properly.

I now need a scuttle panel as it has a duct that channels rainwater directly towards the drains underneath. That is not going to be easy.

Check out the shite that came out, this is just some of it. I did both sides.

attachicon.gif20190328_185409.jpg

Turns out that the scuttle panel is intentionally missing, leaving the fusebox poorly protected. Great* design Audi.