The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

Unbelievably despite having over 50 vehicles, I find I am need* of another one. Whilst I have a few* projects and classics, it is a daily shopping heap I am lacking. The last few years I have had a WBOD, a 4x4 and the Saab 9-3 diseasal. This year, as I have been away a lot I decided to forego the WBOD and I have ended up with 3 4x4s and the Saab. It looks like the Holden may be sold and the L200 will be going on the market as soon as I have changed the starter motor as I have to raise the funds to pay for the remaining 4x4, the Disco.This left the Saab as a general runabout but in true shiter fasion, it now needs the rear brakes replacing (calipers, discs, pads and flexis), the rear wheel bearings replacing and front and rear suspension changing along with all the regular servicing items I have been putting off for the last 8 years or so. This will leave me with only one vehicle, which is unacceptable! What I should do is fix one of the projects, but it is more fun to buy something else! Time for a wanted thread!

Unbelievably despite having over 50 vehicles, I find I am need* of another one. Whilst I have a few* projects and classics, it is a daily shopping heap I am lacking. The last few years I have had a WBOD, a 4x4 and the Saab 9-3 diseasal. This year, as I have been away a lot I decided to forego the WBOD and I have ended up with 3 4x4s and the Saab. It looks like the Holden may be sold and the L200 will be going on the market as soon as I have changed the starter motor as I have to raise the funds to pay for the remaining 4x4, the Disco.This left the Saab as a general runabout but in true shiter fasion, it now needs the rear brakes replacing (calipers, discs, pads and flexis), the rear wheel bearings replacing and front and rear suspension changing along with all the regular servicing items I have been putting off for the last 8 years or so. This will leave me with only one vehicle, which is unacceptable! What I should do is fix one of the projects, but it is more fun to buy something else! Time for a wanted thread!

This is one of the things that makes me smile about this place, 50 vehicles, and none suitable/usable for the task at hand.... Where's that flow chart? 

I think Conelrad originally did this

post-17021-0-92909100-1392379274.png

What you really want* is a £500/year to tax automatic 9-3 cabriolet with issues, just admit it...

I had the same situation last November, bought an Alfa 156 V6 and Jaguar S-Type, I get around just fine now!

Management had a meeting earlier about the OMGSNOKHAOS

Turns out they banded all us serfs up dependant on distance from home. I'm priority one, with 2 others...

So I get to leave first apparently if it snows, then priority 2, 3 then the people who live in the same town can just suffer like I had to when I lived around the corner.

Fair enough, thanks. Our 3pm smoke was delayed as all the managers went back into a room, then when we went outside Gareth said that they wanted to send me home just incase, as the snow is due to hit around now...

So I drove home at 4, no traffic in the pissing rain. Logged back on now looking at all the work that I haven't got to do...

Bloody hope it does snow tonight and I can WFH tomorrow, I'll need to cadge a tenner from Amy for fuel as I dont get paid until Thursday, so winnah if I don't have to go out tomorrow!

You could fix Mr FPB7's car and rattle around in that! Not got anything tax and MOT exempt that you can just jump in and drive?

These days if I ever have to change a battery on a "modern", I leave my little jump pack connected up to the battery terminals so the ECUs don't shut down.  I used to use a moped battery and a couple of lengths of wire with crocodile clips on the ends, which worked equally well until I "borrowed" them to wire in an electric fuel pump on the Volvo.

Great idea, however I don't think we'll be getting any of the above for a while until Brother sells the Camry.

The car is working fine now so the handbook symbol of doom is now most likely the low refrigerant gas warning.

What you really want* is a £500/year to tax automatic 9-3 cabriolet with issues, just admit it...

Ohh that would be very handy :-) drive up in one and come home in another 

Shame there isn't a more sensible diesel grey vesicle that could be offered ... 

I had a great drive home from the garage/work today.  Brakes all good, Stuff all functioning and super wafto-matic smooth gearage.  With added cruise joy.

Very pleased at result.  It turns out that none of the calipers were binding.  In FACT, the issue was that one of the suspension arms was snapped in two.  Super dangerous.  

I still have a passenger mirror to fix - it's there and not smashed, but the surround and repeater aren't.  Have sourced a spare from Podders, but having read up on the process, I have TEH FEAR about doing it myself.  Door card off, battery disconnected, door airbag scenario.  REALLY don't wanna disconnect the battery as have already read a bunch of scary stuff concerning ECU etc.  Dunno.  

It's still showing up a couple of bulb warnings (they've been replaced and are working) and the ESP warning - which i assume has been sorted too along with the suspension etc.  Dunno if it just needs a proper Merc box plugging in, or if the sensors for all these are dead.  Seems a bit mad that they'd all be screwed.

The repeater warning one is fair enough - will be there until wing mirror scenario gets resolved.

Trip to Llanberis is happening anyway.  Which is also a result of course.

Anyone got C-Class experience of cancelling the dash warnings?

It has wee bits of rust in the usual places and the indicator stalk doesn't stay up while you turn.  Mrs Hoker's Dad's one did the same, so assume TADTS.

Good result.  Looking forward to the drive to work now. 

In OMGSNOKAOS with a rear wheel drive automatic.  Windy uppy downy roads in Nottinghamshire.  At 6am

Missive ends.

Chris

PS, am now on the look out for a (standard W203) working CD player, if anyone has one kicking around.

Oh, I also now have a Citroen Xantia parked up (sorned) with ticket 'til April.  Does a whiny noise - could be alternator, could be a pulley, although I had a new pulley and belt fitted a couple of months ago.

Needs a good service.

Certainly don't want to scrap it.  So, I dunno - If anyone has a use for a potentially easy project, then get in touch.  Would like some coins for it of course, but not loads!

Sorry yes, it's a 2.0 HDi 110 Forte.

Engine pulls great, slight weep from rocker cover - very slight.

4 good tyres and spare.  

Good interior.

Needs me to have some time to give it a clear out and hoover - still full of our family trips.