The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

That looks a great place to be, shitefest 2020? :D

Unfortunately most of the extent of where we're allowed to park is already taken up. Also 50% of the permanent residents are modernz; 2009 Mondeo (deceased) and a 2003 Celica (not even the fast one)

Having a reasonable place to work on things though does mean there should be some quality* pug content in the coming months, hopefully going a bit further than "I stuck it back together with hot glue"

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Got approved on a new rental property this morning! Given that a week ago we were served a Section 21 and things looked pretty bleak, this place was the right property at the right time. It's bigger than we currently have and £75 a month cheaper as well. And it has garage. And huge shed.

Come as a huge relief to all 3 of us.

And Madam is 18 today.

Got approved on a new rental property this morning! Given that a week ago we were served a Section 21 and things looked pretty bleak, this place was the right property at the right time. It's bigger than we currently have and £75 a month cheaper as well. And it has garage. And huge shed.

Come as a huge relief to all 3 of us.

And Madam is 18 today.

Fantastic

This arrived today at some quite considerable expense. Hopefully having cruise control on the TT will substantially reduce the risk of speeding tickets on motorway slogs.

63a76567bcd5a57bf39dfe4641a7c2c3.jpg

40a6834a3adfadd6fc8c538eec78122c.jpg

Just need to fit it now. Was supposed to be welding tomorrow, but it's due to rain for most of the day. So will probably fit this instead.

Bit of a pain in the arse job though. Needs a wire fitting (supplied) from the engine ECU to the steering wheel ECU. This requires the ECU extracting from under the wipers (including removing the arms) and cutting the ECU free from its security box. Plus steering wheel removal and carefulness not to move & bugger up the clock spring.

Mx5 based replica.

Why are half of the MX5 based replicas of cars with the wheelbase of a bus? Even some incredibly well finished ones are ruined (though made more impressive in a way) once you notice it's about half as long as it should be. That along with many of them maintaining the MX5 windscreen and doors.

Example:

b4e4a691e569a480e6a95df61b57817b.jpg

This arrived today at some quite considerable expense. Hopefully having cruise control on the TT will substantially reduce the risk of speeding tickets on motorway slogs.

63a76567bcd5a57bf39dfe4641a7c2c3.jpg

40a6834a3adfadd6fc8c538eec78122c.jpg

Just need to fit it now. Was supposed to be welding tomorrow, but it's due to rain for most of the day. So will probably fit this instead.

Bit of a pain in the arse job though. Needs a wire fitting (supplied) from the engine ECU to the steering wheel ECU. This requires the ECU extracting from under the wipers (including removing the arms) and cutting the ECU free from its security box. Plus steering wheel removal and carefulness not to move & bugger up the clock spring.

WCPGW?!

*ka-boom*

Why are half of the MX5 based replicas of cars with the wheelbase of a bus? Even some incredibly well finished ones are ruined (though made more impressive in a way) once you notice it's about half as long as it should be. That along with many of them maintaining the MX5 windscreen and doors.

Example:

The mk1 mx5 has lovely door handles though. Which makes them feel more classique-eggzotic

Example:

These are my guilty pleasure. There's something so chintzy it's almost nice about them.

However these are IMO bloody lovely, like a mini TVR

https://www.blackwellsportscars.com/

c96c2414a06c1c31b4f986592e8ab928.jpg

They may be total carp for all I know about them but they look spot on.

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

I've just driven my daughter's now fixed 2001 Bini Cooper and I'd forgotten what a huddlum machine it is.

With **only 115 bhp and 16 inch wheels pumped up to 2.3 bar as per the manual it's quite firm. And yet really comfortable.

If there was a way of retrofitting cruise control I'd put first dips on it when she eventually wants a newer car.

The label on it says Sept 2001. When did they start making them? July ???

These are my guilty pleasure. There's something so chintzy it's almost nice about them.

Well they can be no worse than an mx5

And if you look at some of the modifications on www.mx5nutz.com you'll realize that it's possible to modify them so far as to make them impossible to drive.

But sensible and they are a hoot.

Turbod the 1.6 can give 200 plus bhp reliably so add that to a TvR look and it's all good really.

Anybody have any interest in a supercharged V8 2007 Range Rover for 4K?

A few electrical problems but in no way properly broken.

Our labourer paid 8 grand for it about 7 months ago but can't afford to run it. :-)

If any interest I'll do a for sale thread for it.

I'd be mad to say yes. So I'm saying no.

Well they can be no worse than an mx5

And if you look at some of the modifications on www.mx5nutz.com you'll realize that it's possible to modify them so far as to make them impossible to drive.

But sensible and they are a hoot.

Turbod the 1.6 can give 200 plus bhp reliably so add that to a TvR look and it's all good really.

That would be ridiculous......I'd wager a better power to weight than the Toyota GT86

Our labourer paid 8 grand for it about 7 months ago but can't afford to run it. :-)

I'd love one but I have the fear factor after speaking to plenty of owners of them where I work and I'm lucky to earn more than a labourers wage, 70k new, still 70k car running costs and British build quality.

Lovely things though if it's the FFRR and not the twatty RR Sport.

I'd love one but I have the fear factor after speaking to plenty of owners of them where I work and I'm lucky to earn more than a labourers wage, 70k new, still 70k car running costs and British build quality.

Lovely things though if it's the FFRR and not the twatty RR Sport.

It's a proper Range Rover, no sport bollox.

Cream leather and brushed stainless instead of wood inside. Upgraded brakes as well, as he found out when he had the pads changed the other day. :-0

It'd be a steal at 3.5k and I reckon he'd consider it, probably take a bit less anyway.

It's his biggest mistake ever, and he's still on license from prison. The life choices he made to to end up in there pales into insignificance compared to his decision to buy this and run it on about £400 a week.

He's a good lad but a bit lacking in common sense.

There is already a thread for that sort of thing: http://autoshite.com/topic/27546-low-cost-big-liability/page-207

Those do look spankylicious.

Can't stretch to 4k, any chance he'd let it go for 1080p?

Petrol or Diesel? My knowledge of Range Rovers stopped when they stopped using the 3.5 V8, would it be an absolute fucking nightmare of ongoing electronic woes and constant need of OPCOM?

My grin this afternoon was finishing work early and getting home in the light.

It being still day light meant I ended up leaving the rest of the traffic behind me on the back roads. This is no easy feet in a van weighing close on 3 tons and powered by a 2 litre Pinto. Conservation of momentum is the key - and not having to emergency brake for venison on the hoof for a change.